Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Throwing a sliceable food at a katana (handcrafted too) holder should slice it at their feet.

Maybe only if blocking or holding throw idk
(01-02-2023, 10:37 AM)Cal Wrote: Throwing a sliceable food at a katana (handcrafted too) holder should slice it at their feet.

Since i reworked slicing stuff i could actually add that kinda easily. 

It could have just some hilarious consquences in certain cases smile

Remove the screwdriver/table interaction.  As fun as it is messing with the bartender as far as I can tell it doesn't actually do anything and hasn't for at least as long as I've been playing.
(01-02-2023, 01:30 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:37 AM)Cal Wrote: Throwing a sliceable food at a katana (handcrafted too) holder should slice it at their feet.

if botanists decide to grow george melons to throw at a katana guy, i think that's the absolute best case scenario here
(01-03-2023, 02:30 PM)Cal Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 01:30 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:

if botanists decide to grow george melons to throw at a katana guy, i think that's the absolute best case scenario here

"this will cause immense chaos" is a reason for implementing something in ss13
(01-26-2017, 11:07 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: remove the detective as a job, or at least remove the detectives gun. all detectives are either idiots or traitors, it's true

Been playing det a lot lately, can confirm it’s true.
(01-04-2023, 06:46 AM)George_Manning Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 11:07 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: remove the detective as a job, or at least remove the detectives gun. all detectives are either idiots or traitors, it's true

Been playing det a lot lately, can confirm it’s true.

On a serious note... Det is a really strong security member or a really strong traitor with way too many good tools.
I am a det main but even I think having them nerfed abit isn't bad.

Sure they don't have shades, and don't have full sec access...
But they have Det_net's, They have lethals from the start, they have the detgadget hat, they have spy stickers, they have bloodtraks and luminol and the cool scanner.

They basicly can observe the station from any location at any time, where as sec has to work together... Det can do it on it's own.
clown cards are unreasonably punishing to use for a 5tc item. a single shot from an energy weapon ejects the driver and stuns them. momentum is stopped by a button in the UI rather than by simply releasing movement keys. running into a wall stuns the driver for 7 seconds and releases everyoen inside, stunning them for 0 seconds. With the currently populations of the servers, high ms makes clown cars unusable between running into walls causing auto ejects, being unable to turn off movement in a convenient manner, and single clicks from a ranged weapon or a passer by releasing everyone inside.

My propsed changes would be to:
Up the cost to 7tc
Enable manual movement (not forced movement when keys arent held)
Remove wall hit auto ejection.
Make ranged weapons drain the drivers stamina. once that hits 0, they are ejected and stunned for the current amount.
Keep the current click functionality
Running over prone players who are NOT stunned will cause minor brute damage and stun them.
reduce the stun timer when the driver is ejected forcefully from 7 seconds to 4
(01-08-2023, 01:26 AM)NOOT Wrote: clown cards are unreasonably punishing to use for a 5tc item. a single shot from an energy weapon ejects the driver and stuns them. momentum is stopped by a button in the UI rather than by simply releasing movement keys. running into a wall stuns the driver for 7 seconds and releases everyoen inside, stunning them for 0 seconds. With the currently populations of the servers, high ms makes clown cars unusable between running into walls causing auto ejects, being unable to turn off movement in a convenient manner, and single clicks from a ranged weapon or a passer by releasing everyone inside.

My propsed changes would be to:
Up the cost to 7tc
Enable manual movement (not forced movement when keys arent held)
Remove wall hit auto ejection.
Make ranged weapons drain the drivers stamina. once that hits 0, they are ejected and stunned for the current amount.
Keep the current click functionality
Running over prone players who are NOT stunned will cause minor brute damage and stun them.
reduce the stun timer when the driver is ejected forcefully from 7 seconds to 4

Disagree with the manual movement, the clown car is ment to be terrible to drive you CLOWN!
But.. if you want to change it to manual.. make it like how pods work. With momentum that you have to brake for.
Just for that awkward control scheme and allow drifting.
Wall hit auto ejection is fine. Again... it's a funny item.

I think the cost is fine at 5tc.
And... I agree with 1 shot the clown ride is over is lame. So stamina is 100% fine.

But questionable for sure :P
If anything.... the clown car needs an ejector seat option where the driver can launch occupants in random direction out of the car. Knocking anyone over who got hit by a flying crewmate!
Sorry to double post but I thought of a questionable suggestion and editing my old one feels like it takes away from the response.

SOOOOOO.....

Changeling gets a new arm mutation. We get Abom, Claw and Tentacle arm.
This arm makes you like Marth in Melee.
It allows you to grab people and things from a distance and drag them to you!
Would be fun to drag someone with you into the depths of space.
Or that classic horror scene of the monster dragging someone through a door with a tentacle of sorts!
Edible Lead Pipes
Throwing a body or a person at someone forces prone.
More things force prone instead of a 1 sec laydown stand up (such as a grumpy teg rumble or hotspots)
New Playable automaton charater.
Hologram crewmates.

They have a giant H on their forehead though.
Allow the Clown mask to function as internals.
Give heads and certain jobs a few access implants on their person or in their locker. You know, the kind that burn out after a few uses?

I figure this would allow them to "hire" more help from staff assistants more fluidly.