Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(12-17-2022, 12:28 PM)Mouse Wrote: Prevent cluwnes from suffering additional BRAIN damage beyond the cluwne default.  (90, IIRC)

As it stands now if an admin fills a cluwne with 330u of Triple Triple they keel over dead long before sufficient comedy has ensued.

That’s an incredibly specific example
(12-17-2022, 12:10 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: rework addiction probability into addiction severity. the more you abuse addictive substances, the more powerful the withdrawal effects, as opposed to it being a percent chance to have generic withdrawal effects. Lightly addictive drugs have a slow buildup, so you might just get a flavortext headache or something if you do them once. Very addictive drugs would have a fast buildup, so doing them once will get you moderately sick unless you keep doing it.

Seems like it would be less annoying than the all-or-nothing system we use now.

id like it too if there were a whitelist of things you couldn't get addicted to. like coffee. i generally don't bother with the coffee makers because if i have more than 1 cup of coffee i get addicted and those addiction messages are very annoying
Give ghost critters a tad bit more health. At least enough so that they don’t immediately keel over if they aren’t buckled in when the escape shuttle launches.
Make machine translator implant a traitor item. So tiresome to have fleshlings inject themselves with that first thing in a round and have to rely on more annoying PDA messaging when AI and Silicons are seriously rogued.
(12-21-2022, 10:52 AM)Zombie Wrote: Make machine translator implant a traitor item. So tiresome to have fleshlings inject themselves with that first thing in a round and have to rely on more annoying PDA messaging when AI and Silicons are seriously rogued.

Actually allow a "Dialect" system.
So if you have mutation correctly to it, you can understand it without the "dialect/accent"

But robots will talk in binary. Not actual binary, but borgs/AI talk on the radio can activate "Binary talk"
Now you gotta get a "Binary" mutation to understand that, but now you can't talk to humans.
(12-21-2022, 02:14 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Actually allow a "Dialect" system.
So if you have mutation correctly to it, you can understand it without the "dialect/accent"

But robots will talk in binary. Not actual binary, but borgs/AI talk on the radio can activate "Binary talk"
Now you gotta get a "Binary" mutation to understand that, but now you can't talk to humans.

Well anything to curb MD and others with immediate access to upload and core to run in, get said implant and never announce their presence on machine frequency just silently spying ready to immediately undo any and all changes to Asimov.

I don't know how it's done on Heisenbee but on RP I think it is a huge problem. And it's not very RP friendly either.
I think it's more funny to see robots and AI spout: Hello human as : 10110 01101 as an option.
But having a mutation to do the same making:
"Help I am talking in numbers"
as
"0110 1 00 0101001 01 011111"

And only able to speak and understand this binary be a mutation.

But I think it's a questionable suggestion, but a fun one :P
A profit sharing shipping label as standard for all stations. Only some maps have the ability to split profit with the market. This is important as rng can make trades terrible and you need to use your own income to buy ores to make a station budget.
Breathing/talking (and farting) in cold rooms should have a little vapor puff.
Spiders should be able to fart, and should sometimes fart out silk,

Clownspiders should be affected by clownshot in some fashion.
Very long katana

its gimmick is if you commit suicide with it you also stab the turf directly behind you
(12-24-2022, 08:37 PM)zcrow Wrote: Breathing/talking (and farting) in cold rooms should have a little vapor puff.

That'd be a really cool ambient detail, actually. I'm a fan!

Questionable Suggestionable: If a water balloon contains a lighter-than-air chem in it (hydrogen or helium) alongside other chems, make it travel extra-far when thrown in a standard atmosphere, as if the lighter gases were helping slow the water balloon's decent. This effect should scale with the quantity of light gas present.

Alternatively, have the option to untie a gas-filled balloon, causing it to fly around everywhere, evenly dispersing its contents wherever it ends up (e.g. hydrogen, oxygen, plasma, ants in smoke powder).
Animal crates have a tendency to open while travelling to the station. Add a low level id access level (default for everyone) to open them so critters can't get out and clog the import path.
(12-25-2022, 10:03 AM)BatElite Wrote: Very long katana

its gimmick is if you commit suicide with it you also stab the turf directly behind you

Thats called a Nodachi
Using starstone to infuse reagents into a material should tint that material with the reagent color