Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Give science the grenade kits again, antags clearly aren't buying them
Suicide with any glass or mug, where you drink yourself, a la the magic 8 ball suicide. Complete with comical slurping noise and nothing remaining but the empty glass.
(09-18-2022, 05:33 AM)BatElite Wrote: Give science the grenade kits again, antags clearly aren't buying them

Yes please, considering you can make all sorts of just as good explosives and chem assembliesĀ i really don't see why grenades being available to regular sci would be an issue. Even as traitor scientist i struggle to think of less beneficial buy choices than grenade kits.
give engineering the ability to hook a corpse up to a TEG with jumper cables. when you grease the turbines with blood, the raw power will either be enough to bring the corpse back to life, or they'll burngib from it
If you are in a fridge when the nuke detonates you should be unharmed, and the end of round text should list you as a survivor of the attack

freezers shouldn't count
(09-23-2022, 11:13 AM)BatElite Wrote: If you are in a fridge when the nuke detonates you should be unharmed, and the end of round text should list you as a survivor of the attack

freezers shouldn't count

love this reference
(09-23-2022, 09:16 AM)Waffleloffle Wrote: give engineering the ability to hook a corpse up to a TEG with jumper cables. when you grease the turbines with blood, the raw power will either be enough to bring the corpse back to life, or they'll burngib from it
Careful to not hook up the jumper cables backward though that may cause the TEG to short out.
Wire + potato = potato battery.
Potato battery + TEG = Potato powered TEG.

Mutations and potency increase potato power.
Can add as much potato's as you like.
(09-23-2022, 02:49 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Wire + potato = potato battery.
Potato battery + TEG = Potato powered TEG.

Mutations and potency increase potato power.
Can add as much potato's as you like.

already exists
this
A small chance for synthflesh' on floor effect to spawn a random organ

You accidentally spill (or more realistically, deliberately smoke) synthflesh and somehow it makes a perfectly functional heart.
Traitor item: Counterfeit Security Badge, with a one time write in name and job
Capture the AI mode

Crew and antags spawn mixed like with traitors/spies/what have you, but the contestants (antags) all get a room they have to drag the AI unit into to score. In order to encourage reckless behaviour, they get infinite respawns. As does the AI's body, but I don't think we need to heal it between rounds. If it dies it dies.

To ensure that they actually play the capturing mode, I'm thinking once the AI leaves the core for the first time every contestant gets a 5-10min timer on them that resets if they get close to the AI or someone scores. If they fail to meet their obligation to at least chase the target, they permagib. I haven't figured out if the contestants get equipment to start with, maybe an omnitool or so.

First to five points wins, ending the round (same if every damn contestant permagibs)
Imagine all the AIs screaming in terror as they find out the round is entirely focused on kidnapping them, 10/10 code this immediately
Apparently a free-to-use performance of the beginning of Also Sprach Zarahustra was released recently, which means we could make an admin spawn variant that takes about 1:40 to spawn the item.