Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Some sort of tag in game that lets you opt in to be targeted by antags, that only antags can see.

Lets them know if someone wants to engage with antags or be part of their vile machinations.
(07-05-2022, 06:35 PM)Nerkson Wrote: Some sort of tag in game that lets you opt in to be targeted by antags, that only antags can see.

Lets them know if someone wants to engage with antags or be part of their vile machinations.

So when you want to valid hunt or self antag…. I know that’s not what you meant but that’s how it would be interpreted.
(07-05-2022, 06:35 PM)Nerkson Wrote: Some sort of tag in game that lets you opt in to be targeted by antags, that only antags can see.

I feel like this would have the opposite of the intended effect in that everyone who doesn't switch it on would just get really mad at antags for attacking them ever
catbeast playable mutant race that requires you take EVERY negative trait
Add an "ALWAYS AN ANTAGONIST" trait, but doing so will remove any gear, ID and makes you naked.
You are an antagonist now... with no powers.. just naked person.. and everyone on the station will KNOW YOU ARE ONE!!
Also it requires 7 negative traits to get.

Now people can finally stop complaining you can't be antagonist.
Now validhunters can finally validhunt a naked defenseless man.
Now players who want to go 100% hard mode can get that too.

WIN WIN WIN FOR EVERYONE!
(07-06-2022, 07:31 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Add an "ALWAYS AN ANTAGONIST" trait, but doing so will remove any gear, ID and makes you naked.
You are an antagonist now... with no powers.. just naked person.. and everyone on the station will KNOW YOU ARE ONE!!

And gives you the name I’m The Antagonist.
(07-06-2022, 08:01 AM)DioChasek Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 07:31 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Add an "ALWAYS AN ANTAGONIST" trait, but doing so will remove any gear, ID and makes you naked.

I prefer names like
"Anna Tagonisk"
and
"Antaigo Niston"

Or such..
(07-06-2022, 08:59 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 08:01 AM)DioChasek Wrote:

I prefer names like
"Anna Tagonisk"
and
"Antaigo Niston"

Or such..

Funny enough the uniform manufacturer areas would become kill zones compared to the relatively sparse traffic they currently get.
Give the power to monologue to other roles, but instead of cool detective lines, have them quote bad movies

(the HOS at the bar) "WHILE YOU WERE LEANING HOW TO SPELL YOUR NAME, I WAS BEING THOUGHT HOW TO CONQUER STATIONS!"
clicking on objects with an empty hand whilst on intent 4 wont attempt to pick up an item

clicking on containers you are not wearing, with an object in hand, on intent 4, does not place the object you are holding in the container

Feels awful picking up random shuttle debris as a shambler, or putting your held melee weapon in a random floor toolbox whilst trying to fight. this would mitigate this
(07-04-2022, 02:51 AM)Mouse Wrote: Framework for projectiles that don't harm people on the same team, in case someone ever wants to make gimmick modes that would benefit from that.

Frequency base energy weapons and armor? Armor vibrates at a frequency that the suit can be set to where the projectile is negated somehow.

Could be fun to have different effects based on frequency range. Maybe the armor could absorb, redirect, or reflect it?

(07-06-2022, 11:02 AM)NOOT Wrote: clicking on objects with an empty hand whilst on intent 4 wont attempt to pick up an item

clicking on containers you are not wearing, with an object in hand, on intent 4, does not place the object you are holding in the container

Feels awful picking up random shuttle debris as a shambler, or putting your held melee weapon in a random floor toolbox whilst trying to fight.  this would mitigate this

Could maybe give it a little feedback that you're set to harm. Maybe you just wack or punch the thing instead of interacting with it
(07-06-2022, 11:02 AM)NOOT Wrote: clicking on objects with an empty hand whilst on intent 4 wont attempt to pick up an item

Feels awful picking up random shuttle debris as a shambler, or putting your held melee weapon in a random floor toolbox whilst trying to fight.  this would mitigate this

How is this questionable? I hate opening crates I am trying to drag and dropping tools and such for picking up something else due to intent.
THIS IS A GREAT SUGGESTION!
(07-07-2022, 03:06 AM)Kotlol Wrote:

How is this questionable? I hate opening crates I am trying to drag and dropping tools and such for picking up something else due to intent.
THIS IS A GREAT SUGGESTION!
There are only two things that make it questionable. The first is that it adds another layer to the intent system which may be confusing to new players.  Think of trying to explain how to put the shotgun in the crate to a new player. Instead of click the open crate with the shotgun now you have to add in be sure to be on the help intent and click on the crate instead of just click on the crate.

Point two is a bit more subtle but say you are a member of sec and are in the middle of pursuing an antag and you manage to get a hit in with your baton. Somehow they manage to shake it off and disarm you. Now you have to change your intent on top of scrambling to grab your baton back something I may note the disarmer has an advantage on now since they do not need to change their intent. 

But I digress overall I like it but there are a couple little things that would be a bit of a barrier imo.
Cows should be able to eat kudzu.
(07-09-2022, 04:31 PM)Mouse Wrote: Cows should be able to eat kudzu.

Sir.. this is questionable quality.