Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Let Krampus unscrew the nuke
make krampus a reskinned macho man again
The santa suit shouldn't have any slowdown.

edit: make multitools require common mats again so the greytide stops permanently electrifying doors
add MEDS as a supplementary video for doctors on the wiki for its realistic portrayal of treating the crew
Traitor item they can attach to the cloner to make it automatically inject clones with macrobombs.
(11-16-2021, 11:53 PM)Filthy Steve Wrote: Traitor item they can attach to the cloner to make it automatically inject clones with macrobombs.
replace macros with micros and it would actually be a pretty fun item
Yeah, macros probably too powerful. But I feel like might have to be more than one micro then since I feel like one might be too weak since after all, it only works on people who have already died once. The barrier to entry is already a little higher.
How about microbombs with a built in countdown timer that begins with a message like you begin to hear a beeping in your head.
I think part of the charm/appeal/core idea is that there's no real indication of it (do medical scans reveal implants? I've never played MD) until the person dies and kablammo. Obviously it is gibbing them so odds are they wont get borged or cloned again, but since it's a cloner thing, yeah, they already had their first life so I feel like gibbing someone on their second death is kind of reasonable.
(11-17-2021, 10:28 PM)DioChasek Wrote: How about microbombs with a built in countdown timer that begins with a message like you begin to hear a beeping in your head.

Make it so its one second per micro bomb, so if it is just one, 1 second, if it is a macro bomb/12 micro bombs, 12 seconds.
I think more like a minute or two would be a bit more fair when you get the message that way if you are paying attention you could in theory have it removed before boom
(11-17-2021, 02:31 PM)Filthy Steve Wrote: Yeah, macros probably too powerful. But I feel like might have to be more than one micro then since I feel like one might be too weak since after all, it only works on people who have already died once. The barrier to entry is already a little higher.

1 micro already gibs the corpse and causes depressurization(chain reaction). Combined with the fact you can delete cloner records with the right access 1 micro sounds fairly balanced. Also consider having it implanted on scan instead of on clone.
To avoid mass production of microbombs, the bombs should immediately disintegrate harmlessly when pulled out of someone. Additionally, I'd prefer if there were no countdown, leaving it up to the antag to kill the person or just hope incompetence or malice gets to the victim first.
when the ai is sus +1
Most non-damaging items should function as unarmed attacks when used on harm intent.