Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
glacial map built into an underwater ice mass - the water is cold enough to do burn damage and freeze you bad, but a lot of the station is physically tunneled into the blue faintly glowing ice

let players dig through the ice to expand their workspace maybe?????? or make it Special Ice that can't just be mined through with a simple pick swing
the Marcobomb. a microbomb of 6 power quality that spawns with a partner microbomb of 6 quality. when the "marco" user succumbs, the "polo" user implantee also explodes

still costs 12
Spacebux thing that makes your ghost farts audible to the living
wearing an emag in your ID slot should be possible, and it should give you a name like Eric Magnovsky or something along those lines
(10-13-2021, 07:50 PM)NOOT Wrote: Emagging an ID card, in addition to its current effect, should reset its pin to 0000.

Currently theres a problem for nukies wherein, if they want to use a vendor, pretty much the only solutions are either metagaming (already knowing someone on the crews pin, and stealing theirs), Stealing a head ID and making your own card, or going to the hop desk and obtaining a fresh ID - aswell as a pin - from them. (and realistically, who asks what their pin is at the hop desk)

Seems weird that a syndicte "professional" crew cant access the own vendor in their base without NT approval. this change would let nukies have another way to access vendors otuside of these routes.

part of my id card rework was getting rid of pins entirely and making them innately tied to bank accounts via the hop computer, and then making vendors just use whatever id card is in your id slot / being held

pins aren't very useful when credit transfer devices and a few other things don't require them at all, and mostly serve to get in the way

(10-14-2021, 04:34 PM)NOOT Wrote: significant thrown items (IE. Butchers knife, syndicate dagger, hunter spear, bowling balls / footballs etc) should land on a tile adjacent to the target they hit rather than underneath the sprite of the target they hit so the game isnt just who can click through a grounded sprite, or bring up a P context menu faster.

(if it stuns you when it hits you, dont make it appear underneath you)

pushing P would still win in this case. i've been playing on a server where thrown items do what you say but for every item, and it often feels really weird to have items stop 'before' hitting people
On April 1st Cog1 should be replaced with 1 pamgoC.
Wearing a helmet that would cover ears stops headset appearing on inspect.

Wearing an outer suit which covers your backpack (bedsheet, cape, cardboard box, for example) prevents backpacks appearing on inspect.
Make the "can't see clowns" trait +2 so I can actually do my "only eat people who can't see clowns" gimmick the next time I roll Clownling.

Some method of disabling antag rolls for specific jobs in your settings.

I like playing doctor.  I like playing traitor.  I hate playing traitor doctor.  If I'm traitor I'd rather be a clown or staffie or literally anything but doctor.  This is one of the main reasons I turn doctor off.
(10-15-2021, 01:45 PM)NOOT Wrote: Wearing a helmet that would cover ears stops headset appearing on inspect.

Wearing an outer suit which covers your backpack (bedsheet, cape, cardboard box, for example) prevents backpacks appearing on inspect.

giving equipment a bitflag for what other equipment it "covers" would be nice, though you'd have to be extremely wary of not somehow fucking up priorities, not that i can see how that would really happen. seems pretty reasonable
Traitor engi/mech item that you can install on the AI somehow (I'd vote robotics controls) that gives AIs the ability to targeted spit lightning bolts out of APCs

Like a hotwire but more dependant on how disrespectful you were 20 minutes ago

(And yes it demands you rogue the AI to get any use out of, I think that should be reflected in a somewhat low cost)
reduce cost of bowling kit to 4 tc.

its laughably bad for a item that's the same cost as the red chainsaw or wrestlebelt.

Add a grenade launcher to traitor uplink for 7 tc.
Comes with a few boxes of he shells and a box of sarin shells(same as sarin grenade but 40mm)
functions just like riot launcher but comes loaded with he and fits in backpacks
Green Fingers should cost 0 points, just like robotic arms. The only "advantage" they have to cyborg/fleshy arms is that they can be easily reattached...but is that really worth 2 points? That's the same cost as adamantium skeleton, chem resistant and matrix flopout!

It would be really cool for people who want to RP a die-hard botanist
That's a really good advantage, say a katana guy slices it off you can just slap it back on
or save yourself a trip to med due to your plant arms
(10-14-2021, 05:45 PM)aft2001 Wrote: glacial map built into an underwater ice mass - the water is cold enough to do burn damage and freeze you bad, but a lot of the station is physically tunneled into the blue faintly glowing ice

let players dig through the ice to expand their workspace maybe?????? or make it Special Ice that can't just be mined through with a simple pick swing

I like this. In general I'm really fond of the whole idea of stations being built into shit. A station built into a huge chunk of asteroid as another obvious one. Or, heck, maybe even like a research or salvage style station built into some enormous alien derelict or something.