Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Wraiths should have abilities that can only be used while corporeal to incentivize wraiths into going corporeal and therefore hopefully make fighting them a bit less obnoxious.
Make the sledge attack at normal speed, possibly reducing damage and stamina damage a bit to compensate. There's a niche for a lethal melee weapon in the armory I feel, and the sledge is just so damn cool.
Clicking the trays in the medical bay operating rooms should lock them in place.
(09-03-2020, 03:29 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 07:37 AM)Katzen Wrote: The chaplain fights vampires, wraiths and wizards so the janitor should fight the blob.

...go on

I was actually writing up a post for this separate to this thread but I was struggling to make it come together.

The simplest starting point would be for the janitor to be highly resistant to blob abilities, in the same way the chaplain is basically immune to vampires. They don't get impeded by regular blob tiles (possibly just slowed movement?).

The problem I ran into is expanding this further without items. The chaplain has a gun, melee weapon (bible) and holy water and is fighting individual NPCs. You could add something extra to the mop or spray bottle but I don't think it would be better than what chemistry could do at the moment.

I was thinking about a bio hazard cleaning crate (janitor id locked) that contained a Fludd style backpack device with special chems (special as in useless outside blob to prevent abuse) that could give the janitor a set of abilities. No-one else can use it because you need Janitor training, a job perk like Chaplain training limiting who can draw Faith. You could almost make them an RTS style opponent building up their own fortress against the blob, Creeper World style.

Blob resistant barriers (basically Thick Membrane equivalent)
Anti blob floor coating (paints floor tile, slows spread)
Anti blob turrets
AOE combat attacks
Copied from Discord:

Reposting this idea from Huldra
Clown traitor should have shoes that you can activate for a huge speed boost and makes one of these sounds at random
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOC1vhYWZNQ
Too many clown traitor items, how about making it so that whenever a clown gets adrenaline rush instead?
Make the QM console a standalone object, and make it hackable. start some objects not in the console, which you need to hack to order. also an ID scan wire that when cut, allows anyone to use it.
(09-07-2020, 02:57 AM)Katzen Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:29 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 07:37 AM)Katzen Wrote: The chaplain fights vampires, wraiths and wizards so the janitor should fight the blob.

...go on

I was actually writing up a post for this separate to this thread but I was struggling to make it come together.

The simplest starting point would be for the janitor to be highly resistant to blob abilities, in the same way the chaplain is basically immune to vampires. They don't get impeded by regular blob tiles (possibly just slowed movement?).

The problem I ran into is expanding this further without items. The chaplain has a gun, melee weapon (bible) and holy water and is fighting individual NPCs. You could add something extra to the mop or spray bottle but I don't think it would be better than what chemistry could do at the moment.

It doesn't have to be better than chemistry, it just has to give janitors something extra to do. Keep in mind that there are multiple janitors. I say, give janitors "custodial training" which makes their mops super effective at punching tiles, makes them take less damage from getting blob punched, and makes their mop deflect all projectiles from blob turrets. Janitors also could move through all blob tiles no problem that aren't a LoS-blocking wall.
A miscreant who starts with the highly illegal dog and has to somehow escape with it. Will show your name on it "X's highly illegal dog". I love the idea of a staff assistant smuggling their pet dog all round and diving into the shuttle clutching it.

The problem is starting the round without it being narced right away. Dog summoning whistle with a time limit like how donk pockets work?
(09-10-2020, 12:56 PM)Katzen Wrote: A miscreant who starts with the highly illegal dog and has to somehow escape with it. Will show your name on it "X's highly illegal dog". I love the idea of a staff assistant smuggling their pet dog all round and diving into the shuttle clutching it.

The problem is starting the round without it being narced right away. Dog summoning whistle with a time limit like how donk pockets work?

Starts in your bag. It can hide in there, but it will ruffle around and make noises
Replace the burrito on the Cairngorm with a Syndicate Tactical Burrito because I still think of that sometimes and laugh.
(09-10-2020, 03:07 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 12:56 PM)Katzen Wrote: A miscreant who starts with the highly illegal dog and has to somehow escape with it. Will show your name on it "X's highly illegal dog". I love the idea of a staff assistant smuggling their pet dog all round and diving into the shuttle clutching it.

Starts in your bag. It can hide in there, but it will ruffle around and make noises

The captain walks past

*wuff*

The captain pauses, then slowly turns to the staff assistant who farts and sprints down the corridor
Quote:give janitors "custodial training" which makes their mops super effective

honestly now i've imagined a jedi janitor, the fact janitors can't use mops as powerful weapons in any scenario is a disappointment and needs to be rectified somehow
You'll like my new traitor item...
Boost people's melee abilities when they are in walk intent. Less stamina used in attacking, less taken on hit.

Make it so slowing down to brawl makes it easier to fight longer.