Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Gene traitor item- monkslave implant

So long as the target is a monkey they are mindslaved a la deluxe implant, but if their body type changes they instantly become unslaved.
Rename sperghetti and meatballs to spapeggy and meatballs
Here's an idea I had in my head for quite a while for a secondary antagonist, but hadn't really fleshed it out until recently.

The Computer Virus is a malicious program designed to multiply itself over and over. It doesn't have a physical form, nor it needs to.

It starts in a random computer in the station (most likely a personal computer) and can only spread to nearby computers. Considering that this is the future and that everything is online (probably) the virus can just click on a computer to slowly infect it. The virus doesn't really have an end-game goal, as it only exists to cause a ruckus.

If a computer the virus is inhabiting gets shut down or is destroyed, the virus is eradicated and the crew can actually worry about other things that are actually dangerous.

Viruses can infect fire alarms and randomly trip them, infect vending machines to launch their products, and break as many lights as possible. You could probably do DWAINE stuff as well. Maybe. Important systems such as communication, the power grid and the AI upload computer would be off limits to you. (And, obviously, the AI itself)
(07-07-2018, 10:05 PM)MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote: Here's an idea I had in my head for quite a while for a secondary antagonist, but hadn't really fleshed it out until recently. 

The Computer Virus is a malicious program designed to multiply itself over and over. It doesn't have a physical form, nor it needs to. 

It starts in a random computer in the station (most likely a personal computer) and can only spread to nearby computers. Considering that this is the future and that everything is online (probably) the virus can just click on a computer to slowly infect it. The virus doesn't really have an end-game goal, as it only exists to cause a ruckus. 

If a computer the virus is inhabiting gets shut down or is destroyed, the virus is eradicated and the crew can actually worry about other things that are actually dangerous.

Viruses can infect fire alarms and randomly trip them, infect vending machines to launch their products, and break as many lights as possible. You could probably do DWAINE stuff as well. Maybe. Important systems such as communication, the power grid and the AI upload computer would be off limits to you. (And, obviously, the AI itself)

It could travel through the packets. Like, it could craft itself into a PDA message by spoofing the identity of a legitimate message and then delete files to make backups of itself.

Then pass itself into door controls when people use ID slotted PDAs to unlock things.
(07-07-2018, 06:25 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Rename sperghetti and meatballs to spapeggy and meatballs

Rename it basghetti.

(07-08-2018, 02:04 AM)locusts Wrote:
(07-07-2018, 06:25 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Rename sperghetti and meatballs to spapeggy and meatballs

Rename it basghetti.

I think you mean that Vampires need a new power to turn sperghetti into basghetti.
(07-07-2018, 10:36 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-07-2018, 10:05 PM)MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote: Here's an idea I had in my head for quite a while for a secondary antagonist, but hadn't really fleshed it out until recently. 

It could travel through the packets. Like, it could craft itself into a PDA message by spoofing the identity of a legitimate message and then delete files to make backups of itself.

Then pass itself into door controls when people use ID slotted PDAs to unlock things.

Cargo needs to install space mcafee to remove it and it has a 10 percent chance per 2 minutes to delete a random file while removing the virus
you know, having another entity in the AI-net system would also really help solve the fact that rogue ais can hardly do anything without blowing their cover, this virus business would help give a slight layer of plausible deniability, good side effect
syndicate AI unit, roboticist item

it's like the syndicate cyborg frame, but it's a spare ai shell that always has syndie laws regardless of actual silicon laws, like the syndie robot frame does, and can't be killswitched

thought of this because i had an idea for a roboticist traitor round where you mindslave someone and have them stuff your brain in an ai unit, so then you can cause mayhem and laugh as the crew takes out the actual ai thinking its rogue, but then i realised silicon laws would just force you to be nice, or just get changed back if you preemptively changed them since silicon laws take precedence over traitordom
gonna post this here cause im pretty sure ive posted it before, but please is it possible to make AiEye / Standard Camera a toggleable option?
The ghost eye is so frustratingly slow when it comes to quickly surveying a hall.
(07-11-2018, 10:07 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: gonna post this here cause im pretty sure ive posted it before, but please is it possible to make AiEye / Standard Camera a toggleable option?
The ghost eye is so frustratingly slow when it comes to quickly surveying a hall.

How about a "tile jumping mode" where it just advances you a whole screens worth of tiles on presses of the movement key?
(07-11-2018, 12:39 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 10:07 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: gonna post this here cause im pretty sure ive posted it before, but please is it possible to make AiEye / Standard Camera a toggleable option?

How about a "tile jumping mode" where it just advances you a whole screens worth of tiles on presses of the movement key?

I think i've shared that exact request at least a hundred and twenty times, just have some sort of pseudo-sprint function along with the freeform eye.
i'd honestly use the old version of AI cams if I had the option. I like the AEye but I prefer the old one
(07-11-2018, 01:44 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I think i've shared that exact request at least a hundred and twenty times, just have some sort of pseudo-sprint function along with the freeform eye.

Id nominate Home, Delete, End and Pagedown as the default AI Sprint keys. I cant recall using those hotkeys in game so I dont know if they are bound by default to something else.

I really like Aeye, but yeah sometimes it can be painful to get around quickly if no one is talking on the radio near the area.

Derp edit: or just SHIFT+ WASD - derp derp
(07-12-2018, 12:05 PM)Recusor Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 01:44 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: I think i've shared that exact request at least a hundred and twenty times, just have some sort of pseudo-sprint function along with the freeform eye.

Id nominate Home, Delete, End and Pagedown as the default AI Sprint keys. I cant recall using those hotkeys in game so I dont know if they are bound by default to something else.

I really like Aeye, but yeah sometimes it can be painful to get around quickly if no one is talking on the radio near the area.

AI Sprint keys would be greatly appreciated. I can't count the number of times I've hit tried to hit the sprint hotkey while playing AI when trying to view the opposite end of the station.