Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(06-29-2018, 01:48 PM)locusts Wrote: Make portable reclaimers accept pretty much anything. Recycle everything into some form of basic material.

Recycle the implant cases to get back crystal.
Recycle the shitty battery.
Recycle the jumpsuit!
Recycle the wasps!
Recycle the bullet casings!
For the cryogenics unit on Destiny/Clarion, it would be interesting to be able to go visit it, and see who's jumped into cryo since the start of the shift.
(07-01-2018, 08:16 PM)Eibel Wrote: For the cryogenics unit on Destiny/Clarion, it would be interesting to be able to go visit it, and see who's jumped into cryo since the start of the shift.

hecka yeah, I've wished for this tons
Eh, would ruin my lie about my victim being in cryo though id be cool if you could hack into it and add names to the list. With it being in such a populated area the difficulty in hacking it without getting caught would probably even out the whole iffy-ness of saying someone is afk when they're dead.
As discussed in discord. Red Tape (HoP only).

Its a roll of tape that is red. You can tie people up in it to make them walk slowly or you can use it on an airlock to seal it shut. To remove the red tape you have to click it and fill out a randomly-generated and quite tedious form, get it stamped by a head, take it to a copy machine, and then submit it in triplicate by using all three on the red tape itself.

Example:

Quote:Form A1025-X15b: Request for removal of personal bindings and/or airlock functionality restoration

Please fill out the following fields, affix a stamp of approval from a head of staff, and submit this form in triplicate to the location of the requested change.

The current age of Adrian Clarke, Janitor: 
The blood type of the second-oldest Security Officer:
The model of left arm that Cyborg Xi-9 had installed at the start of the shift:
The age of the third-oldest crewmember on the station: 
The current X offset of your science department's teleporter:

Or at least that's the gist of it. Maybe we want more questions. maybe less. Maybe it should reset if you get one question wrong. Maybe this should have its own thread. Maybe I should do my actual job instead of posting questionable ideas. Discuss!
Dear god yes, I want to have babies with this idea
the red tape concept is worth a laff but sounds possibly more "id be better off dead" than cluwning for victims due to the complex removal process
Im assuming this is a 4-7 tc traitor item, would make HoP traitoring a lot more "unique" (Buy a mustache, some tape and put a victim in front of the space diner transport ship)
Allow AIs to get shells like these.
And maybe bords too.
I suppose it would be a pain to remove it from a person. Perhaps it should just function as an airlock sealer or an annoying wall. Whatever it takes to create bureaucratic hell for the crew.
You should only be able to cut red tape with a giant pair of scissors.
keep the red-tape as suggested but give it 2-3 uses
Shamelessly stolen from Kyle2143 when he mentioned it offhand in another thread

Idea - What if obesity, the genetic modifier, gave you the ability to click on your own naked body to use it as a storage container with folds of fat. A help action shake could maybe have a 50% chance of dislodging something you've stored. Id say a capacity of 3 small items? I dunno, how many fat folds are we talking here?

Edit: Example message on pulling an item out -"Sam Eagle fishes a flash out a fold of flesh, holy shit thats fucking disgusting!"
(07-06-2018, 05:17 AM)Recusor Wrote: Shamelessly stolen from Kyle2143 when he mentioned it offhand in another thread

Idea - What if obesity, the genetic modifier, gave you the ability to click on your own naked body to use it as a storage container with folds of fat. A help action shake could maybe have a 50% chance of dislodging something you've stored. Id say a capacity of 3 small items? I dunno, how many fat folds are we talking here?

Edit: Example message on pulling an item out -"Sam Eagle fishes a flash out a fold of flesh, holy shit thats fucking disgusting!"

that's revolting. 
fat foalds are for stoaring peperoany and notheing ealse.
Farting on someone's face should have a chance to give them pinkeye.