Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(07-09-2017, 06:47 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 02:46 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Yes I gathered that. Hence why this is in the suggestion thread and not a bug report.

Not that it was particularly well thought out or explained, but my reason for suggesting that they be given access is that these are players who are generally trusted not to loot the entire armory at round start and use it to grief as non-antags etc, and if they do it as antags, well there's no real change there considering it's used almost exclusively by traitors emagging their way in anyway.

Captains aren't trusted to do shit! They are almost always new players or those dumbos who play with cap on favourite so they can grief with all access. Captains are just staff assistants with better IDs

Unless you meant captains that are whitelisted HoS' get armory access as captain as well? That'd still be dumb cause any time they get cap traitor they'd just loot the armory

Did you uh, read what I wrote?
I'd rather just see an second armory on the debris belt.

If you can break into that you can go nuts.

Alternatively maybe crates could be a networked entity, then you could just hack them open along with the armory doors.

If crates require ID access, it stands to reason that they should be interfaceable somehow.
packets can open all the armory crates easy. not the door though
(07-10-2017, 01:58 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: I'd rather just see an second armory on the debris belt.

If you can break into that you can go nuts.

Alternatively maybe crates could be a networked entity, then you could just hack them open along with the armory doors.

If crates require ID access, it stands to reason that they should be interfaceable somehow.

They are openable with packets, but require codes from the nuke disk to do so. Which the captain has.
(07-10-2017, 07:31 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: They are openable with packets, but require codes from the nuke disk to do so. Which the captain has.

Actually, there's other ways to get the head netpass through network-fu. Theoretically, anyone could break in if they're enough of a l33t h4ck3r.
Add a trait that makes it so you pawned your trinkets and start with some extra cash instead. I’m sick of throwing away prized bananas.
(07-10-2017, 11:02 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Add a trait that makes it so you pawned your trinkets and start with some extra cash instead. I’m sick of throwing away prized bananas.

Add a trait that automatically converts all your extra cash into prized bananas.
(07-10-2017, 02:47 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: packets can open all the armory crates easy. not the door though

You can hack the doors though which I find odd. it should be the other way around.
I feel like the HoS should start with a wave gun instead of a standard taser. He's the head after all.
(07-11-2017, 11:52 AM)Firepower Wrote: I feel like the HoS should start with a wave gun instead of a standard taser. He's the head after all.

But he has a energy gun, with kill and taze modes. As does captain.

I'd rather HOS get a cool side arm in addition to his energy gun.

For instance a classy sword. If HOS has to use a gentleman's weapon to fight off the crew, it's probably already too late. Also an Officer's Sword/Mameluke would be perfect for this, although I think TG already gave captain a sword so maybe not.

Or give HOS the option of painting his gun a different color. Inb4 clown steals it and paints the gun bright pink, or bright yellow and pretends it's a banana gun. Or HOS picks some variant of Camo for a redneck gimmick.

I guess my point is that if HOS should have a weapon change, it should be a weapon that screams HOS and not just something the HOS could already grab out of the armory or QM.

For instance Cap has that antique gun he can apparently fix.
(07-12-2017, 03:26 AM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 11:52 AM)Firepower Wrote: I feel like the HoS should start with a wave gun instead of a standard taser. He's the head after all.
Also an Officer's Sword/Mameluke would be perfect for this, although I think TG already gave captain a sword so maybe not.

Or give HOS the option of painting his gun a different color. Inb4 clown steals it and paints the gun bright pink, or bright yellow and pretends it's a banana gun.

yeah tg caps have swords, but its not like authority figures having swords is a unique concept. just ditch the sheath thing they have.

also if the painting thing became a thing, I would become a HoS, and then paint my own gun pink!
(07-12-2017, 03:26 AM)atomic1fire Wrote:

But he has a energy gun, with kill and taze modes. As does captain.

I'd rather HOS get a cool side arm in addition to his energy gun.

For instance a classy sword. If HOS has to use a gentleman's weapon to fight off the crew, it's probably already too late. Also an Officer's Sword/Mameluke would be perfect for this, although I think TG already gave captain a sword so maybe not.

Or give HOS the option of painting his gun a different color. Inb4 clown steals it and paints the gun bright pink, or bright yellow and pretends it's a banana gun. Or HOS picks some variant of Camo for a redneck gimmick.

I guess my point is that if HOS should have a weapon change, it should be a weapon that screams HOS and not just something the HOS could already grab out of the armory or QM.

For instance Cap has that antique gun he can apparently fix.

Judge Dredd gun
Idea for HOS-Exclusive weapon: a melee equivalent to the energy gun, something that can be swapped between a normal stun baton and a nerfed, energy-using version of the riot baton, dealing brute+stun on hit.
(07-12-2017, 09:46 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Idea for HOS-Exclusive weapon: a melee equivalent to the energy gun, something that can be swapped between a normal stun baton and a nerfed, energy-using version of the riot baton, dealing brute+stun on hit.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7055
I like the idea of a hammer more than an axe. Kinda invokes the sense of a gavel