Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(06-02-2017, 06:19 AM)Sundance Wrote: The giant pod that is admin spawned and has a section within for 3 players to control it should actually spawn in a bridge hangar. However it should come at a caveat at two balancing suggestions:

- The captain's disk is required to power the ship, essentially it being the keys to the ship
- It should start not completely repaired, requiring material and do-dads to fix it, meaning it can't be taken out at round start.

Honestly, this big ol' ship would be difficult to use nefariously. You'd have to mindslave 2 other players including the cap (unless you are him). That's if you're going down the road of space terrorism, but it would be fun to have players come and fight you. Even using it for good would be difficult; you'd need 3 willing people. It would essentially be the big gun against space threats. And if it's too strong, then just lower its health or weaken its weaponry, it wouldn't be too tough to balance with the two caveats above.
It's just too fun to leave unused, even if its kind of buggy.

last i heard, cruisers (the big ships) are still very buggy. Like, in the public release, the cruisers will glitch so you get stuck in them forever if you get in the weapon part, it's annoying.
(06-02-2017, 12:48 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 06:19 AM)Sundance Wrote: The giant pod that is admin spawned and has a section within for 3 players to control it should actually spawn in a bridge hangar. However it should come at a caveat at two balancing suggestions:

- The captain's disk is required to power the ship, essentially it being the keys to the ship
- It should start not completely repaired, requiring material and do-dads to fix it, meaning it can't be taken out at round start.

Honestly, this big ol' ship would be difficult to use nefariously. You'd have to mindslave 2 other players including the cap (unless you are him). That's if you're going down the road of space terrorism, but it would be fun to have players come and fight you. Even using it for good would be difficult; you'd need 3 willing people. It would essentially be the big gun against space threats. And if it's too strong, then just lower its health or weaken its weaponry, it wouldn't be too tough to balance with the two caveats above.
It's just too fun to leave unused, even if its kind of buggy.

last i heard, cruisers (the big ships) are still very buggy. Like, in the public release, the cruisers will glitch so you get stuck in them forever if you get in the weapon part, it's annoying.

Mageziya has made an (incomplete) sprite for an NT version of the cruiser I believe. The original was, I think, intended to be gear for nuke ops.
The medical director shouldn't be arrested by beepsky/securitrons for holding the tranquiliser rifle.
Same thing that the guy above me said but for the barman.
Add Fidget Spinners

I'm not seriously advocating this.

Also I just noticed I can't do really tiny text.

Also for a less stupid but still sorta impractical suggestion, how about a mobile forum and/or wiki theme for the nerds who occasionally check the site from a smartphone or tablet.
Add a gas mask nearby the bar storage in COG2 so that the barman doesn't suffocate on chems, COG1 makes them readily available, but I can only find them in engineering storage on COG2.

Breaking and entering is frowned upon, sometimes time consuming as well. Barman leaving the bar unattended for long to travel cross station for a bit of B&E makes some space men angry, the wine-o(s) want their beverages.
(function (){ try{ if(jQuery && jQuery.fx){ jQuery.fx.off=true; } }catch(e){} })();
(06-04-2017, 02:46 PM)BeardedElectron Wrote: (function (){ try{ if(jQuery && jQuery.fx){ jQuery.fx.off=true; } }catch(e){} })();

Dude what.
(06-05-2017, 05:28 AM)Wire Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 02:46 PM)BeardedElectron Wrote: (function (){ try{ if(jQuery && jQuery.fx){ jQuery.fx.off=true; } }catch(e){} })();

Dude what.

Woops, forgot to edit this one, I use a userscript which tries to speedup browsing by disabling content animations that use jquery, unfortunately, a recent update introduced some sort of bug, it's not supposed to put that in chatboxes, so I have to disable it when I make comments. Nothing to worry about.

Sorry about that. Oh... heh, I was just...

On the other hand, you confirmed my idea was read. Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re
if a wizard touches (ie. deliberately picks up) a gun they should lose all of their magic powers. it's one or the other magic boy
(06-05-2017, 09:07 AM)locusts Wrote: if a wizard touches (ie. deliberately picks up) a gun they should lose all of their magic powers. it's one or the other magic boy

thats a solid idea and has basis in a lot of fantasy lore. 
the other way this can go is if they try to fire a gun, they have a 50% ( or greater) chance of it blowing up and knocking an arm off. 
personally leaning toward the latter, but either way works.
Give clowns a way to remove something they are juggling.
(06-05-2017, 09:19 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 09:07 AM)locusts Wrote: if a wizard touches (ie. deliberately picks up) a gun they should lose all of their magic powers. it's one or the other magic boy

the other way this can go is if they try to fire a gun, they have a 50% ( or greater) chance of it blowing up and knocking an arm off. 

Use of any technology by a wizard should end with things either blowing up, or harming the wizard.

Granted this now makes it harder for wizard to give themselves captain level access outside of just stealing caps ID or bribing the hop with a meth golem.

On a side note, perhaps wizard should be able to command golems like pets. e.g "Sit, sic em, guard" etc. Petting golems is ill advised.
(06-05-2017, 10:00 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 09:19 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

Use of any technology by a wizard should end with things either blowing up, or harming the wizard.

Granted this now makes it harder for wizard to give themselves captain level access outside of just stealing caps ID or bribing the hop with a meth golem.

On a side note, perhaps wizard should be able to command golems like pets. e.g "Sit, sic em, guard" etc. Petting golems is ill advised.

I think a fairly low-ish chance of blowing out electricals would be sufficient for most things, like how lightbulbs blow from heat. Just have maybe 10% chance of blowing out any appliance he uses, but significantly higher for weapons.
With your uplink, you should be able to buy a button. When that button is pressed, it should play that dramatic song Bill always plays during events, and then turn into ash. 7 telecrystals.
Pod racing Module:

Opens up a list of tracks in the Debris field and station map that a pod can navigate through using AR based checkpoints. Players can sync pods to join a race by broadcasting a race location. Each Pod gets armed with nonlethal weapons designed to shut a pod down. (although if you want to go destruction derby, emag the pod racing modules)

First dork to reach the end wins.

Players could record their own checkpoints and finish line and then share them with a text export.

I came up with this idea when someone suggested removing the VR gokart map in general discussion.

Funfact: fairly certain pods can already drift.