Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(11-27-2018, 02:21 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: A stackable building material, similar to cable coil, but just Atmos pipes. Lay them the same way

this is questionable ideas not good ideas loser
(11-27-2018, 02:22 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 02:21 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: A stackable building material, similar to cable coil, but just Atmos pipes. Lay them the same way

Think about what the engine nerds and toxins nerds and clowngineers would do with this technology. 

AFAIK atmos pipes are non-constructible at all in current code, you can only repair existing pipe. Also they might need to be present at compile time to work, i don't actually know at all. Anything atmos is questionable anyway. 

Also if this was doable i'm sure it would have been done like in 2012 or something

Edit: wait i think pipes work with the ABC-U & probably worked in construction mode. Am i having a stroke or?
(11-27-2018, 02:25 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 02:22 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:

Think about what the engine nerds and toxins nerds and clowngineers would do with this technology. 

AFAIK atmos pipes are non-constructible at all in current code, you can only repair existing pipe. Also they might need to be present at compile time to work, i don't actually know at all. Anything atmos is questionable anyway. 

Also if this was doable i'm sure it would have been done like in 2012 or something

Edit: wait i think pipes work with the ABC-U & probably worked in construction mode. Am i having a stroke or?
I'll do some playtesting on this soonish hopefully
if pipes work with the ABC-U then you have just opened up a whole world of nerd possibilities

please report back ASAP
Suicide Vest + Tank Transfer Butt please
merchant gimmick job should have you spawn at centcomm

you go around exploiting the buy/sell of traders and haggle for the best prices on reselling copious amounts of the same good, moving on to more expensive items to increase returns

once you feel you have amassed a fortune to then move onto the station via one way pod, you hock wares such as gold ids, hos berets, buckshot and plutonium cores
i like that idea

or just having a warehouse filled with randomly generated goodies for you to dig through and hope you find something good

no really it'd be fucking massive, with possibly several dozen crates scattered around with stacks of dozens and dozens of random shit, from sunglasses to plutonium cores to BFGs to bananas to what-the-fuck-ever. but you have to go through a fuckton of crates and you're not guaranteed to find anything gamebreaking, and you can't realistically look through everything.
In line with the previous 2:

add a QM to Centcomm for that merchant, with a Centcomm budget, and let them send things to and from the station.

They oughta just hitch a ride on the merchant vessels & not be allowed back when they do
Central Command jobs would actually be really neat to have. What other jobs could there be?

The QM is a nice idea, perhaps sending emergency funds to the station as well? Oh and managing the payroll and balancing the budgets and stuff, too. More money and math work for nerds who like that (((like me))).

Also NT-SO (NanoTrasen Special Operatives) officers who, when spawned in by admins, respond to crises on the station, such as nukeops and stuff, and are somewhat armed (about as armed as an HoS would be).
In:re ABCus and pipes, they do not replicate pipes. Also wires end up all messed up.
well checkmate, athesits.
(11-29-2018, 03:45 AM)drymelon Wrote: merchant gimmick job should have you spawn at centcomm

you go around exploiting the buy/sell of traders and haggle for the best prices on reselling copious amounts of the same good, moving on to more expensive items to increase returns

once you feel you have amassed a fortune to then move onto the station via one way pod, you hock wares such as gold ids, hos berets, buckshot and plutonium cores

(11-29-2018, 04:33 AM)aft2001 Wrote: i like that idea

or just having a warehouse filled with randomly generated goodies for you to dig through and hope you find something good

no really it'd be fucking massive, with possibly several dozen crates scattered around with stacks of dozens and dozens of random shit, from sunglasses to plutonium cores to BFGs to bananas to what-the-fuck-ever. but you have to go through a fuckton of crates and you're not guaranteed to find anything gamebreaking, and you can't realistically look through everything.

these seem like really fun concepts. it sort of reminds me of vgstation's Vox Trader, who hangs out on an asteroid offstation and sells weird shit to visitors
drains should pump any liquids into disposal pipes (if there's none under it they won't work). disposals should have some form of fluid handling, probably in the form of another drain on the belt which has its own disposal pipeline which sprays the liquids out of the station

so yes you'd be able to drown in disposals pipes (but mail pipes remain safe so don't worry)
(11-30-2018, 04:46 AM)aft2001 Wrote: drains should pump any liquids into disposal pipes (if there's none under it they won't work). disposals should have some form of fluid handling, probably in the form of another drain on the belt which has its own disposal pipeline which sprays the liquids out of the station

so yes you'd be able to drown in disposals pipes (but mail pipes remain safe so don't worry)
Add a scorpion critter that crawls into peoples backpacks unnoticed. When you try to access your bag you'd get stung with 10-20 units of neurotoxin.
(perhaps a botanist traitor item idk)