Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
!!!NEW IDEA!!!

trait - pay2win
as traitor gives access to all job specific traitoring goods to spend up all that tc
otherwise you spawn with a golden dans ticket
only available to gold level preorders, diamond rank vip donors, and $100+ kickstarter backers
(11-23-2018, 05:50 AM)drymelon Wrote: !!!NEW IDEA!!!

trait - pay2win
as traitor gives access to all job specific traitoring goods to spend up all that tc
otherwise you spawn with a golden dans ticket
only available to gold level preorders, diamond rank vip donors, and $100+ kickstarter backers

Pay2Win - Start with no money, but you always succeed in your objectives whether you do them or not.
It should also make the greentext be gold, so that everyone knows you have more money than skill!
Cannon: Take a disposal tube, add wheels to it, and fill it with a metal ball and black powder. Maybe destructiveness could be tied to one's chemistry and mining skills.

Unless you plan on blowing a hole in a wall/door this is very impractical, and is essentially a bomb turned into a gun.

For bonus questionableness mount it to a pod/sub.
At the end of each round, calculate the total value of spacebux purchases that were lost due to deaths or failure to escape, and divide it between the antagonists as reward money based on objective completion.
Sounds like a good way for antags to target lizard people, heh.
donald glabs dating simulator
(11-23-2018, 08:20 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: donald glabs dating simulator

Go to the diner, have a conversation with Donnie G, get different reactions to your responses. Will you find true love, or be shot to death and fed to Shitty Bill?
Firelocks never help and the station would actually be safer if they were removed.
(11-23-2018, 03:45 PM)locusts Wrote: At the end of each round, calculate the total value of spacebux purchases that were lost due to deaths or failure to escape, and divide it between the antagonists as reward money based on objective completion.

I am in favor of this. But it might be hard to calculate?
(11-25-2018, 12:14 AM)Firebarrage Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 03:45 PM)locusts Wrote: At the end of each round, calculate the total value of spacebux purchases that were lost due to deaths or failure to escape, and divide it between the antagonists as reward money based on objective completion.

I am in favor of this. But it might be hard to calculate?

The way I imagine it working is:

- Each antagonist continues to get their base pay as normal. (I think it's 500?)
- The total amount of expenditure lost at the end of each round is calculated, then split evenly between the antagonists. If it's 10,000 between four antagonists, then they each have a 2500 stake.
- Then the reward for objective completion is calculated. If an antag has 2/4 objectives complete, then they get 50% of their stake, so 1250 in our example. They lose it all for no complete objectives, and may get a bonus for all complete objectives.
- The bonus for all complete objectives is based on what is leftover from other players stakes and split between all successful antags, or if there is none leftover, another 500.

So to sum up the example I gave, we have four antags and a spacebux pot of 10,000.

- Antag 1 completed 2/4 objectives. They get 500 + (2500 * 1/2) = 1750 spacebux. 1250 is left over.
- Antag 2 completed 1/3 objectives. They get 500 + (2500 * 1/3) = 1333 spacebux. 1667 is left over.
- Antag 3 completed 6/6 objectives. They get 500 + 2500 = 3000, plus the bonus.
- Antag 4 completed 2/2 objectives. They get 500 + 2500 = 3000, plus the bonus.

The bonus is 1250 + 1667 = 2917. For the sake of fairness I'll round this up when split between two people, to make 1459. Therefore both Antag 3 and 4 get the full prize of 3000 + 1459 = 4459 spacebux for completing all their objectives!

Other notes:
- If no antag gets all their objectives, the bonus is lost.
- Objectives that aren't tracked are considered as successes for this.
If the above gets implemented, I'd like to suggest adding more objectives, especially unique ones (such as the be a super villian one for example) to help keep the idea that you don't have to do your objectives, so that unique gimmicks don't become rare, especially with newer players.
^absolutely yes, this is a must

Thread it!
(11-25-2018, 10:06 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: ^absolutely yes, this is a must

Thread it!

Yeah, adding in more gimmick traitor objectives would be really easy. Thread it!
A stackable building material, similar to cable coil, but just Atmos pipes. Lay them the same way