Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Vampire/werewolf serum equivalents for lings, wizards, and wrestlers.
Admin event that lets them turn the ocean to blood.

Or, you know, any other reagent.
A traitor sci item (for a few TC) that is a suicide vest made compatible with oxygen and plasma tanks.

In other words, a TTV suicide vest.

(08-31-2018, 04:26 PM)Icedude Wrote: Admin event that lets them turn the ocean to blood.

They were already able to do this in space: I don't know if it would be a different concept in the actual ocean?
A traitor-spawned/hidden injector that contains a non-contagious pathogen that will turn the injected person into a Blob

(09-04-2018, 05:07 AM)MrMagolor Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 04:26 PM)Icedude Wrote: Admin event that lets them turn the ocean to blood.

They were already able to do this in space: I don't know if it would be a different concept in the actual ocean?

I only just picked up SS13 again after a few years away, I knew they were able to change what space looked like back then (such as the times when space got changed to blood, cat gifs, or clowns), but I have no idea if that can now also change the reagent that floods areas exposed to 'space' too.
A traitor item for like 10-12TC which lets you do lesser versions of neurosting and hallucinogenic sting, and also a special inverse DNA sting where you get someone's DNA for DNA sting without absorbing them, in addition to Mimic Voice and Regenerative Stasis.

Also, "Medicine Bottles" which are like poison bottles that can be filled with various useful chems like Enriched MSG or Energy Drink, or, if you're very very lucky, vampire/werewolf serum. These should cost same or more as poison bottles. (On a related note, possibly add Robusttec implanters to surplus crates.)

Lastly, an "Artificer's Crate" for Scientists/RD, which would contain some artifacts: prosthetic surgery, or most handhelds (save instrument or mining). Maybe they should be pre-activated, but that would depend on the price of the crate.
I'd like to point out for anyone that doesn't know what robusttec is: an implant that steadily injects 10-ish units on omnizine, which gives you a robust passive heal.  If you hit crit while it's in you, it will 'burn itself out' by dumping an OD of 30+ units in you, restoring you but it's supposed to stop working afterwards.

I say supposed to because I stopped using it myself so I haven't had a chance to check.

There are only two injectors of this implant ever per round, where/how to get them is up to you to find out however, I'm not going to spoil your fun in discovering it.
Idea - Null field.

With some issues being discussed in the Oshan forum about difficulties for toxins to reach high temperatures due to venting problems and gas mechanics that previously relied on Space tiles, what about a field idea very similar in look and function to the Liquid/gas forcefields we have on Oshan that would simulate a space tile in eating ambient gases and cooling things down. These could be put at specific locations (Toxin burn chambers).

In my mind we could say "LASER COOLING" as the reason :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_cooling

Thoughts?
(09-05-2018, 07:31 AM)Recusor Wrote: Idea - Null field.

With some issues being discussed in the Oshan forum about difficulties for toxins to reach high temperatures due to venting problems and gas mechanics that previously relied on Space tiles, what about a field idea very similar in look and function to the Liquid/gas forcefields we have on Oshan that would simulate a space tile in eating ambient gases and cooling things down. These could be put at specific locations (Toxin burn chambers).

In my mind we could say "LASER COOLING" as the reason :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_cooling

Thoughts?

Can they be emagged / hacked to be moved around?
Maybe? These could be station breaking so I see a strong argument against no, but maybe with a traitor mechanic scanner?
A Tattoo Gun

Functionally the same as a handlabeler, only unremovable. Or maybe only removable by being shot with a laser.
emagged pods should have a "safety disengage" option, making them a moderate-sized kamikaze weapon.
maybe a 5x5 explosion the first time they hit something on "unsafe" mode.
guaranteed to improve and increase any hole in the hull
Whacking an occupied locker all should be really loud, and also cause hearing damage to the occupant. Louder if hit with a toolbox.
Remove the 6 bounty limit for spy thieves and double the amount of spies that spawn in spy thief. Instead of three spies who can get five traitor items each you get six spies who can get infinity traitor items. Imagine how much stealing would happen.
(09-07-2018, 06:54 PM)Flaborized Wrote: Remove the 6 bounty limit for spy thieves and double the amount of spies that spawn in spy thief. Instead of three spies who can get five traitor items each you get six spies who can get infinity traitor items. Imagine how much stealing would happen.

Make everyone a spy except for, like, 3 people. Unlimited bounties, go until there's nothing left to steal.
I want this, someone make it a thread