Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(08-03-2018, 12:07 AM)locusts Wrote: Add special handcuffs that allow you to arrest wraiths, forcing them to stay corporeal, so that they can be detained and brought to Centcom.

rock salt charm bracelet
Bring back old style janitor cleaning. As in the "mopping floors leaves them wet and slick but not using fluids" way. I really miss being able to clean a hallway and point to wet floor signs when people slip. Will make this its own thread if others agree.
(08-03-2018, 08:26 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: Bring back old style janitor cleaning. As in the "mopping floors leaves them wet and slick but not using fluids" way. I really miss being able to clean a hallway and point to wet floor signs when people slip. Will make this its own thread if others agree.
I had an older thread about mopping that was basically like, you just drag the mop on the floor as you move and it either spreads fluids around or dries them up, depending on how saturated the mop is.
Throwing contraband items through a security checkpoint should make them go off, but not tag you as if you were holding them.

(YES I TRIED IT ONCE AS A TRAITOR AND PROMPTLY WAS CAUGHT)
(08-03-2018, 10:43 AM)Alphaeus Wrote: Throwing contraband items through a security checkpoint should make them go off, but not tag you as if you were holding them.

Both of these actually are already in the game, though the message for the latter weirdly formatted. When I tried this stun batons, I got a PDA message along the lines of "The item stun baton failed the Security Checkpoint at Bridge."
(08-03-2018, 11:59 AM)Studenterhue Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 10:43 AM)Alphaeus Wrote: Throwing contraband items through a security checkpoint should make them go off, but not tag you as if you were holding them.

Both of these actually are already in the game, though the message for the latter weirdly formatted. When I tried this stun batons, I got a PDA message along the lines of "The item stun baton failed the Security Checkpoint at Bridge."

How do those work anyway? Does it just read the name of the ID you're wearing when you pass through? Your face?

I think we could probably tweak those a little bit. Personally, I don't think it should give you a name, but instead take a snapshot of what set it off and you can look at those on your PDA. 

But maybe if someone is set to arrest it gives you an update each time they pass through one.
It should react when dangerous stuff goes through, but only give a name if it went through the checkpoint at the same time (or almort, a delay could be added if no ID was instantly caught) as an ID, in which case it should report that ID (Or multiple IDs if you happen to wear a bunch of them for whatever reason).
That, or Frank_Stein's snapshot idea which is nice too, a small square one centered on the checkpoint, so that you can still go through it "safely" by throwing for farther away, making it more obvious if someone is around.
(08-03-2018, 12:07 AM)locusts Wrote: Add special handcuffs that allow you to arrest wraiths, forcing them to stay corporeal, so that they can be detained and brought to Centcom.

I like it
Give the Janitor closet a utility belt. Most of the janitor's tools fit on a belt and no I'm not biased.

Maybe making nanofab handcuffs, and make those out of soulsteel to be able to arrest wraith?

(08-03-2018, 11:59 AM)Studenterhue Wrote:

Really, having parole check the sec checkpoints too would make sense.
(08-05-2018, 09:29 AM)CandleCandleCandles Wrote: Give the Janitor closet a utility belt. Most of the janitor's tools fit on a belt and no I'm not biased.

I agree. That's one of the few jobs I'll load up with tools and do general repairs as I see them
(08-03-2018, 03:57 PM)Haprenti Wrote: It should react when dangerous stuff goes through, but only give a name if it went through the checkpoint at the same time (or almort, a delay could be added if no ID was instantly caught) as an ID, in which case it should report that ID (Or multiple IDs if you happen to wear a bunch of them for whatever reason).
That, or Frank_Stein's snapshot idea which is nice too, a small square one centered on the checkpoint, so that you can still go through it "safely" by throwing for farther away, making it more obvious if someone is around.

This. sop babys

(08-05-2018, 09:29 AM)CandleCandleCandles Wrote: Give the Janitor closet a utility belt. Most of the janitor's tools fit on a belt and no I'm not biased.

Oh, and give the detective a security belt? Or a utility belt. Whatever.
(08-05-2018, 10:15 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

I agree. That's one of the few jobs I'll load up with tools and do general repairs as I see them
Gasping while submerged in liquid or in the deep fryer should make a bubbling sound instead