Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
you should be able to break arms, so they are useless but still there. you can still be cuffed with a broken arm, but otherwise not much actual use
(05-06-2018, 11:44 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: you should be able to break arms, so they are useless but still there. you can still be cuffed with a broken arm, but otherwise not much actual use

Add splints, slings (using bandage on a broken arm),  and crutches to help heal broken limbs. Get crutch stolen by clown.
Or just add crutches so I can beat people over the head with them like a wrestler.
General manufacturer's Single Shot rifle

A .22 rifle printed via general manufacturer, only capable of single shot before reload.

Might be a terrible idea, but would be a plausible reason for general manufacturers to print .22 shells.

Perhaps it's also a bit too bulky to carry in a backpack.

Alternatively make the .22 rifle an Armory thing, but make it possible to break into pieces for convenient storage.
Add iced coffee to the coffee vending machines. Ingredients: coffee, ice
it'd be pretty neat if you had the option to use your in-game mugshot as a forum avatar
Wonder if its possible to have the player's sprite rapidly switch back and forth to show their skeleton like in oldie cartoons when they're being electrified but stop once they're dead.
"Gamey-er" hallucinations. I like how 'shroomz use the player's metaknowledge of the game to fuck with them, like how it tries to trick the player that game mechanics are happening.

The other hallucinogens could work in similar ways to mess more with the player than the spaceman. Something like randomizing the appearance of mobs and objects, changing the descriptions of things and actions, generally making it even harder to figure out what's going on.

Also those hallucination critters that pop out of you? They could actually affect your spaceman! They could do minor brain damage, knock you over, hurt your stamina, block your path, stuff that'd make those phantom cats and dragons slapping you less utterly ignorable. They could spawn a ways away from you and close in a bit more slowly. And with that, you could fight back against them! They'd be killable by anything lethal, including gunfire, even if it's someone else shooting!
(05-08-2018, 06:30 AM)Superlagg Wrote: "Gamey-er" hallucinations. I like how 'shroomz use the player's metaknowledge of the game to fuck with them, like how it tries to trick the player that game mechanics are happening.

The other hallucinogens could work in similar ways to mess more with the player than the spaceman. Something like randomizing the appearance of mobs and objects, changing the descriptions of things and actions, generally making it even harder to figure out what's going on.

Also those hallucination critters that pop out of you? They could actually affect your spaceman! They could do minor brain damage, knock you over, hurt your stamina, block your path, stuff that'd make those phantom cats and dragons slapping you less utterly ignorable. They could spawn a ways away from you and close in a bit more slowly. And with that, you could fight back against them! They'd be killable by anything lethal, including gunfire, even if it's someone else shooting!

If wearing prodocs: people's health doesn't display correctly, if you scan with an analyzer the results randomize

People show up as monsters, like a man eater

Limbs temporarily act like they don't exist

Traitor weapons (csaber or spacker for example) play off in the near distance

Structures disappear as if it were a spy round

PDAs display win various fonts

Random teleporters appear in places that are purely hallucinations

Hallucinations can cause harm, too scary may have a small chance to cause cardiac failure

Your character may react correctly to some affects (getting hit by magic missile causes the character to fall for a shorter period than if it actually hit you)

Players look like monkeys or bees

Hallucinations of players gibbing around you but no blood appears

Soft laughter heard when near maint

People's sprites just don't show up

Unable to move for a short period of time

Character will stop freaking out if you hold a weapon
Character will panic more if you stand still

Random tiles look like theyre breaches to space when they're not

That idea sounds fun!
I gotta say, I love ingame that there's already a hallucination where it gives the "Emergency shuttle arrived" message.

Adding to hallucinations ideas:

In addition to hearing voices in your head and spoken from the illusions, hearing fake things from players on comms. (";HELP MAINT")

Bright flashes similar to when somebody nearby you is flashed.

Hallucinations of another player but, instead of that hallucination attacking you, it makes them say something like "Hold still, I've got what you need" and then gives an "injecting" message

Motives, stamina, temperature, and health visuals randomly segue to a different value, higher or lower.

A few more difficult, possibly requiring reworks to make work:

Scrambled text on computers

The fake quotes from other players, instead of just things like "I'm the traitor", have things that player actually said earlier in the round, to seem more authentic
Make a thread for this, id love if certain in-hand sprites got swapped with other ones (Doctor comes to give you Charcoal and you see them holding a katana)
fun idea for a genetics mutation: Probability manipulation (Positive or Negative)

For someone with Positive PM, things that involve RNG (or luck) tend to weigh in their favor a little.

For someone with negative PM, things that involve RNG (or Luck) tend to weigh against them a little.

The "I'm a genetics nerd who knows how to do things" upgrade could probably be giving people good or bad luck temporarily.

Clown could naturally have positive or negative PM enabled by chance because it's the universe giving the clown the rule of funny.
Beepsky should really get the flippin lead out when he's summoned. Currently he does his typical "take two steps then rest and ponder law" which isn't exactly the swift backup we need out of him.

Same with firebots and medbots, but I'm more alright with those (cept firebots, they're useless at any speed) especially since they're really robust when emagged.
(05-10-2018, 05:59 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Beepsky should really get the flippin lead out when he's summoned. Currently he does his typical "take two steps then rest and ponder law" which isn't exactly the swift backup we need out of him.

Same with firebots and medbots, but I'm more alright with those (cept firebots, they're useless at any speed) especially since they're really robust when emagged.

Very much this. It's better to just drag beepsky around with you all the time than rely on summoning
(05-10-2018, 05:59 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Beepsky should really get the flippin lead out when he's summoned. Currently he does his typical "take two steps then rest and ponder law" which isn't exactly the swift backup we need out of him.

The more irritating case of "no matter how fast a robot moves, the tile recalculation makes all crew want to space themselves" is MULEbots. Not sure if that ever got fixed for them considering they presumably use similar pathing code.