Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(03-06-2018, 12:33 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: The Swedish accent should not filter the word "bork" so Swedish chefs can bork bork bork all they want without it coming out like burk burk boork.

that's a bug report
(03-06-2018, 12:58 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 12:33 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: The Swedish accent should not filter the word "bork" so Swedish chefs can bork bork bork all they want without it coming out like burk burk boork.

that's a bug report

More of an oversight

A quick note, this thread is for bad/weird ideas, not tiny ideas you don't want to make a new thread for.
Okay yeah I cross-posted it in bug reports since it's sort of a bug and a trivial thing for a coder to fix.
Let Borgs have chainsaw arms, along with reinforced chainsaws that only work for Borgs, would take up one of their 3 item slots.
Throwing bee kibble at someone should make bees swarm them.
I just had a brainstorming session for pod items, here's a list:
  • [Utility] Anti-port Field - aoe wormhole deny
  • [Weapon] Mine Deploy - drop a mine, activates after 3 seconds, chases nearby targets exploding on impact
  • [Weapon] Flak Cannon - Scatter-shot low damage weapon
  • [Utility] After thrusters - engage for a temporary speed boost
  • [Weapon] Battering (Splattering) Ram - fly into objects/mobs with great force to deal damage
  • [Utility] Power Shield - protective shielding (slow recharge?) that mitigates damage, massive power drain
  • [Utility] Cloaking - turn (mostly) invisible, using any ability will deactivate cloak
  • [Weapon] Bio-Laser - continuous laser beam that ignites mobs
  • [Utility] Weigh Anchor/Space Harpoon - tether pod to a tile/pod, cannot move away from anchor point
  • [Utility] Upload Virus - Scramble target pod systems randomly
  • [Utility] Targeting Subsystem - shots will slightly 'curve' towards a selected target (on screen)
  • [Weapon] Telemine - teleports a mine to the target tile
  • [Utility] Nanomachines - heals target pod for 50 health/10 seconds
  • [Utility] Disable Engines/Statis Shot - slow/stop a target pod
  • [Weapon] Drone Swarm - release homing drones that latch onto a pod and deal damage over time
  • [Weapon] Hull-Laser - continuous laser designed for non-organic matter
  • [Weapon] DOOM CANNON - long charge time, slow cooldown, fast shot, EXTREME damage, may disable systems of the pod firing it
  • [Utility] Smoke Ejector - creates a smokescreen 
    I am certain at least some of those are not completely stupid.
I like it! There's a lot of power up stuff from the VR pod arena that could be worked into pod parts
A third changeling form: Dog Form.

Changeling transforms into a cute and adorable but frankly kinda creepy and off-putting husky. It loses all its gear and abilites save Absorb. It also gets four additional abilities:
  • Human Form: Revert back into human form 
  • Tendril: Like the cats' Pounce ability + shambler arm. Knocks someone to the ground and works as a first-stage grab.
  • Dog-Horror Form: A special version of the shambler with a unique sprite and multiple arm slots like a player bumblespider that all work like Tendril.
  • Perform Song Number. - Quotes one of several catchy lines.
You know... There are quite a lot of critters now that the changeling could potentially turn into. Why not just make Lesser Form let you pick from a whole list of different critters found on the station? Would be a lot more interesting to have a butterfly suddenly go horror form on you
That terrifies me, but also would cause the crew to kill all critters all the time, making dead critters kinda impossible to enjoy wouldn't it?
(03-09-2018, 06:46 AM)Eibel Wrote: That terrifies me, but also would cause the crew to kill all critters all the time, making dead critters kinda impossible to enjoy wouldn't it?

Ghost critters having slightly transparent sprites
(03-08-2018, 08:29 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: A third changeling form: Dog Form.

Changeling transforms into a cute and adorable but frankly kinda creepy and off-putting husky. It loses all its gear and abilites save Absorb. It also gets four additional abilities:
  • Human Form: Revert back into human form 
  • Tendril: Like the cats' Pounce ability + shambler arm. Knocks someone to the ground and works as a first-stage grab.
  • Dog-Horror Form: A special version of the shambler with a unique sprite and multiple arm slots like a player bumblespider all work like Tendril.
  • Perform Song Number. - Quotes one of several catchy lines.

A little inspired by "The Thing" eh?
(03-09-2018, 06:46 AM)Eibel Wrote: That terrifies me, but also would cause the crew to kill all critters all the time, making dead critters kinda impossible to enjoy wouldn't it?

Not ALL the time, but yeah you could bet they'd be jumpy when people knew a Ling was about
(03-11-2018, 07:47 AM)Readster Wrote: Seriously we don't have a tax on paragraphs stop writing stories like that it hurts my eeeeeeyes

I, with the inspiration of Readster, propose a tax on paragraphs. I propose a tax rate of $0.05/1 Paragraph based upon the users country. This would help to keep the poor down the servers up and allow for better reading of comments without all those pesky spaces allowing us to read them properly. Should this idea gain traction I may look into drafting a "taxation on spaces" proposal
(03-08-2018, 09:25 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: You know... There are quite a lot of critters now that the changeling could potentially turn into. Why not just make Lesser Form let you pick from a whole list of different critters found on the station? Would be a lot more interesting to have a butterfly suddenly go horror form on you

Those genetic puddle monsters that people gib into when they have no genetic stability. With the ability to move under doors like ghost critters.