Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
I was a clown. The radio station reported that I was stuck in a room.

I proved that I wasn't by flying to the radio station, peeing in a water balloon and throwing it at the host. I was disappointed that there wasn't even a shame message like when you get a butt stapled to your head! There should be *some* special effect or message when you get a piss balloon thrown at you.
I wanna see at least 1 complex Piano that lets you play whatever you want, saw one on one of those WW1 servers and am now fascinated by the idea of playing Benny Hill during Nuke Ops
Department specific id computers so that the head of a department can grant/remove access for that department.
(02-05-2018, 05:39 PM)Tombi Wrote: Department specific id computers so that the head of a department can grant/remove access for that department.

+1

Also give the MD a gun permit so that they don't get arrested by beepsky for having a tranq gun
Salt should rust borgs, making them move slower until they are oiled
(02-06-2018, 02:43 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 05:39 PM)Tombi Wrote: Department specific id computers so that the head of a department can grant/remove access for that department.

+1

Also give the MD a gun permit so that they don't get arrested by beepsky for having a tranq gun

Brought it up before and the discussion didn't really go anywhere for some reason?
(02-06-2018, 12:08 PM)Technature Wrote:

+1

Brought it up before and the discussion didn't really go anywhere for some reason?

Also the barman. Anyone who starts with access to a weapon should have this.
(02-06-2018, 01:12 PM)Firebarrage Wrote:

+1

Also the barman. Anyone who starts with access to a weapon should have this.
The only lore friendly explanation I can think of is that the HoP is a douche bag and that falls apart if the HoP that round is handing out med packs and muffins that are safe for human consumption
(02-06-2018, 01:12 PM)Firebarrage Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 05:39 PM)Tombi Wrote:
+1

The reasoning is that it'd give two civilian jobs unrestricted use of weapons. Flagrant disregard for weapons safety is a right only afforded to security.

Besides, it's funny. Cog1 is particularly hilarious as Ol' Harner's patrol takes him right passed the MD office just as the MD would usually be taking out their rifle. Glorious.
I do so enjoy watching my boss get cuffed at the start of a shift, makes their later insane antics easier to tolerate.

Couldn't find a thread on it so I'm opening one since the idea seems less questionable than I thought.
Department specific id computers thread
On the same vein of department specific ID computers and weapons permits, there could be a weapon permit computer somewhere at security or at least in the HoS office.

You can choose what weapons/types of weapon you authorize someone to wield on their ID, or you can just press pre-made weapon categories (the same way you can give access to a bunch of different rooms at once by pressing a pre-made job on the ID computer).

That way the barman starts with a permit for his riot shotgun, the MD a permit for his gun, you can give permits during nuke-ops (which would enable for better use of security bots during those rounds). You can ask for special permits at security when you find an interesting artifact weapon, or just want a mean of self-defense, while letting security know about it.

But perhaps that's something that should be restricted to heads. I'm thinking it would make sense roleplay-wise that only the Captain or HoS could use such a computer, while also thinking it would restrict its use too much.
(02-08-2018, 02:44 PM)Haprenti Wrote: On the same vein of department specific ID computers and weapons permits, there could be a weapon permit computer somewhere at security or at least in the HoS office.

You can choose what weapons/types of weapon you authorize someone to wield on their ID, or you can just press pre-made weapon categories (the same way you can give access to a bunch of different rooms at once by pressing a pre-made job on the ID computer).

That way the barman starts with a permit for his riot shotgun, the MD a permit for his gun, you can give permits during nuke-ops (which would enable for better use of security bots during those rounds). You can ask for special permits at security when you find an interesting artifact weapon, or just want a mean of self-defense, while letting security know about it.

But perhaps that's something that should be restricted to heads. I'm thinking it would make sense roleplay-wise that only the Captain or HoS could use such a computer, while also thinking it would restrict its use too much.

Sec could also use it, not enough access for them. Also buff Detective access, his current access sucks ass.

P.S. Make this new ID thingy it's own thread
Swear Jar: A trait that removes 5 points from your end round payment every time you utter common curse words. (1+)
(02-09-2018, 12:21 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Swear Jar: A trait that removes 5 points from your end round payment every time you utter common curse words. (1+)

Only if it smugly talks at you like Demolition Man.