Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(01-29-2018, 10:13 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Clowns (and only clowns) should be able to put a breath mask in their clown mask, like fitting a voice changer into a gas mask.

Advantages:
- breathe in space while still looking like a stupid clown

Disadvantages:
- ?

Get out of here.
I don't want to make life for clowns easier, I want to be able to look like a clown in all situations.
(01-29-2018, 12:06 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: I don't want to make life for clowns easier, I want to be able to look like a clown in all situations.

This

Here's an idea that actually belongs in this thread: Miscreant tokens. You can get them through easier means than Antag tokens (Space Bux, Playing a round well, I don't care) and possibly choosing your objective from a given list. People get Antag Tokens when their Antag round is ruined, what about the Miscreants who were trying to make a castle out of the clown's office?
(01-29-2018, 12:06 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: I don't want to make life for clowns easier, I want to be able to look like a clown in all situations.

Your corpse can look like a clown or you can carry a hypo of perfluorodecalin .
My suggestion for clowns? Slow metabolism and chocolate. It's stupidly easy, makes you look like a dork, and in the very least you won't die from a small dip into crit. I have to do this due to the constant lack of air on station (could be unlucky I guess?) and my general allergy towards having anything other than smokes in my mouth.

I kinda wish we had the other model of mini etanks where you could just take 'sips' of air which would remove some oxy and losebreath when used. That or my drink machine milk+egg+salbutamol Dairy-Air meme suggestion. Or that oxytree botany suggestion.

Actually I guess I just miss the times when breaches were trivial things that didn't slow you down or even hurt all that much. Naturally that also includes the old cartoony version of space. Could be more of a nostalgia thing I guess. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm just typing because I'm bored.

Yeah, disregard my waxing. Also disregard my usage of 'wax' as that one gets grammar nazis in a tizzy.
(01-30-2018, 04:13 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Here's an idea that actually belongs in this thread: Miscreant tokens. You can get them through easier means than Antag tokens (Space Bux, Playing a round well, I don't care) and possibly choosing your objective from a given list. People get Antag Tokens when their Antag round is ruined, what about the Miscreants who were trying to make a castle out of the clown's office?
Your idea intrigues me...
People have suggested that Antag-tokens should be 'acquirable' through various means, and that idea is stupid, as Antag-tokens are too valuable and should not be subject to inflation or targeted acquisition.

But being a miscreant is something fun, and since nobody really cares about doing their job, it's not significantly different than being a normal crew-member. So Miscreant tokens are not that impact-full. But then are they also not very valuable as a reward for something. But then they might become so because people think they have value and therefor treat their Miscreant rounds as something to be savored, and so not something to do on 'normal' rounds...?
Miscreant tokens are essentially the same as googling something fun you can do during the round. Miscreants are normal crew with useless flavour text that encourages you to do dumb stuff
For clarity: miscreants are not special in any way. The game will pick a number of miscreants, with the expectation that if you get a miscreant status you'll probably be more inclined to be one (so gives a base level of chaos), but normal crew can do everything they do, and vice versa.

If doing the thing would get you yelled at as normal crew, don't do it as a miscreant.
More bad ideas then! Miscreants get a bit of leeway when doing their shenanigans, if normally you'd get yelled at for setting up a fake wall at the bar/ security hallway on Cog1 (For obvious reasons) Miscreants would get a tad of leeway so long as it doesn't force people to go through space or something. If that's a bit much then how about allowing them to commit minor crimes (up to 5 in the brig) without Admin interference (Though Security might not be too happy to find you sneaking into the Bridge for a free cup of Tea)
Regular users can commit minor crimes... see here
Seeing as Mordent keeps making it harder to post an unbalanced, horrible idea ill have to get back to the drawing board and ill be back with a miscreant so groanworthy, so absolutely horrible that the coders would have no choice but to add it in!!! Mark my words!!!
[Image: latest?cb=20151129123510]
I mean, this thread is "Ideas of Questionable Quality", so...
Idea: to make the status of miscreant actually mean something mechanically, give them a PDA Uplink with Homeopathic Telecrystals, which are just like normal TC except all you can get is useless gimmick shit.

Things like unpeeled bananas, hats, bee eggs, cans of paint, crayons, hand labelers, stickers, and (please please please add this) the Syndicate Balloon.
I really like john's idea since it would promote fun and creativity
(01-31-2018, 12:46 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Idea: to make the status of miscreant actually mean something mechanically, give them a PDA Uplink with Homeopathic Telecrystals, which are just like normal TC except all you can get is useless gimmick shit.

Things like unpeeled bananas, hats, bee eggs, cans of paint, crayons, hand labelers, stickers, and (please please please add this) the Syndicate Balloon.

I support this product and/or service. Homeopathic TC that give you useless/gimmick items.

The Homeopathic Surplus Crate should be poison bottles full of simethicone and mustache grenades and junk.