Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Add gravity guns to departments with heavy crate/canister/artifact usage. The Zero-Point Energy Field Manipulator could be like the magtractor but able to pick up super heavy objects, holding the tool itself slightly reduces your move speed. The traitor version, for quartermasters and engineers, could come with a built in graviton accelerator!
(02-18-2017, 07:14 AM)misto Wrote: [spoilhas anything been done with that purple magic shit mineral from mining lately? maybe it could be a wizardbane material. conferring small% chances to block spells the way chaplaincy does as armor, and adding 5s to cooldowns of spells on hit when used as wepon. could also have anti wraith applications since wraiths are kind of magic too. ghost magic

I like that. I remember people making armor for the wizard made out of the koshwhatever stuff. Apparently it didn't hurt their casting or something. I always thought that was silly and dumb.

Also, bring back custom .22s; just weaken the material effects. People firing exploding or radioactive or teleporting or all of the above - bullets sounds crazy and fun. Especially when said rounds blow up in their face
Re-add Head Surgeon as a job of the day/gimmick job. Add an artistic toolbox skin for the faustian bargain briefcase as a medal reward.
the bloody mary and bloody scary should help normalize blood pressure if it is too high/produce more blood if your blood is low. because they have the word blood in them. and because bar drinks need more effects
remove coffee adiction and raise the threshold where diabetic sugar coma kicks in(or lower the sugar dosages of common drinks and snacks)
(02-21-2017, 10:36 PM)misto Wrote: remove coffee adiction and raise the threshold where diabetic sugar coma kicks in(or lower the sugar dosages of common drinks and snacks)

The diabetic sugar coma threshhold is 200u, i think lowering sugar dosages may be a better idea.

Of course you could just... not eat a metric fuck ton of sugary foods and put yourself into a coma.

That's an option too
(02-22-2017, 11:20 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 10:36 PM)misto Wrote: remove coffee adiction and raise the threshold where diabetic sugar coma kicks in(or lower the sugar dosages of common drinks and snacks)

The diabetic sugar coma threshhold is 200u, i think lowering sugar dosages may be a better idea.

Of course you could just... not eat a metric fuck ton of sugary foods and put yourself into a coma.

That's an option too

Maybe sugar ought to give you obesity before you have a coma, as a warning sign you should slow down?
Meh, I enjoyed the round where the botanist made peanuts with enough potency that one bite put you into sugar coma. Flash followed with one of those helped deal with that annoying miner that kept breaking into the cargo bay.
(02-22-2017, 11:20 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Of course you could just... not eat a metric fuck ton of sugary foods and put yourself into a coma
If you have slow metabolism, a single bottle of chocolate will eventually put you into a sugar coma.
I think spacesuits should come with a slot to put an air tank, and the space helmets should function as internals. Best if combined with the emergency tank tweak to make it only fit on the belt. That way, you can tromp around in those slow bastards without having to give up a backpack or belt slot.

Bonus points if you can swap out the air tank with something more hilarious, like plasma or helium. Might have to do some emagging to slot in plasma though, otherwise EVA would be 100% always a death trap.
good idea superlagg
shuttle should be unrecallable past the 50 minute mark on lljk2
Add an raven named Rick in the Crematorium so he and Morty can go on adventures across the galaxy with the chaplain.
Get rid of the run/walk intent dynamic and just have one speed that is somewhere in the middle of the two. Keep sprinting, make it a bit slower, but at a much lower stamina drain. Make alternative transport methods (carts, skateboards, pipe travel, teleporters, etc) much more prevalent
Have the lighting in some rooms be motion-activated. They're off by default, then they turn on moments after someone enters. They'd also work with old-fashioned IR motion detectors, so borgs would have a harder time tripping the lights, while cloaked players would trigger the switch just fine, and panes of glass would block the sensor. They could even turn back off if you don't move enough while you're still in there. They'd be mainly in maintainance and podbay areas, though it could also be available for all the lights if toggled on at the APC or lighting junction or whatever controls those things.

PS: Also make beakers and reagent holders have a setting to not dump or splash its contents all over the floor, and make that be the default setting. Maybe even make that setting attempt to place the glass on the tile clicked, with a chance to kick it over if trodden upon. So many times, I've accidentally clicked on a light or the floor with a beaker instead of a table or chemdispenser and sprayed a minute's worth of work all over the place.

And I want to be able to stack glasses into cup pyramids and knock them over.

And bullets to smash any bottles or cups they pass.

And the detective's hat to get a hole in it when shot.