Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Okay so this is a stupid antag idea based on my liking of avatar and the interesting genetic ability known as Cryokinesis. Now if you do some research, cryokinesis is an ability thats grouped with other kinetic abilities as Psychokinesis. Now my idea here is:
New antag, Psychokinetic Master. This antag would be a watered down version of wizard, but they have control over elements.
Moves: Pyrokinesis blast: Creates fire and allows you to shoot it as a fireball, this does not allow you to stop it though, so if it touches you RIP. (unless your robust and learn how to use hydrokinesis to stop it and save yourself in such an occasion.
Aerokinetic Shockwave: Knocks down all within a 3 tile range, front back east west, good for a place where youre caught and pushed to a corner and need a quick get away.
Hydrokinetic Slip: Become water, this gets rid of fire, just a slip move.
Telekinesis: does exactly what telekinesis would do, can pull objects to you within a certain range, or can push objects.
Now with this idea I would like to possibly make it like the blob, where you can upgrade a certain kinesis and train it, you get points by practicing your kinesis. (this is challenging because the abilities are quite obvious) You can only master one, and the one that you master will be your strongest, maybe even an additional move or two for the kinesis. Thats pretty much all. Please add to this if you think its interesting.
(12-05-2017, 06:30 PM)SoniTeh1 Wrote: Okay so this is a stupid antag idea based on my liking of avatar and the interesting genetic ability known as Cryokinesis. Now if you do some research, cryokinesis is an ability thats grouped with other kinetic abilities as Psychokinesis. Now my idea here is:
New antag, Psychokinetic Master. This antag would be a watered down version of wizard, but they have control over elements.
Moves: Pyrokinesis blast: Creates fire and allows you to shoot it as a fireball, this does not allow you to stop it though, so if it touches you RIP. (unless your robust and learn how to use hydrokinesis to stop it and save yourself in such an occasion.
Aerokinetic Shockwave: Knocks down all within a 3 tile range, front back east west, good for a place where youre caught and pushed to a corner and need a quick get away.
Hydrokinetic Slip: Become water, this gets rid of fire, just a slip move.
Telekinesis: does exactly what telekinesis would do, can pull objects to you within a certain range, or can push objects.
Now with this idea I would like to possibly make it like the blob, where you can upgrade a certain kinesis and train it, you get points by practicing your kinesis. (this is challenging because the abilities are quite obvious) You can only master one, and the one that you master will be your strongest, maybe even an additional move or two for the kinesis. Thats pretty much all. Please add to this if you think its interesting.

So basically a weak version of "most competent geneticists after 30 minutes assuming they're not bombed too much"?
Add a typewriter that only cockroaches can use, but they can only use procedurally-generated e.e. cummings lines, Oujia board style.
(12-05-2017, 09:00 PM)Mordent Wrote: So basically a weak version of "most competent geneticists after 30 minutes assuming they're not bombed too much"?

they can never be bombed too much
(12-06-2017, 01:41 AM)Mordent Wrote: So basically a weak version of "most competent geneticists after 30 minutes assuming they're not bombed too much"?

seems more like 'basically wizard but with upgrading of skills?' to me
(12-06-2017, 01:55 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:41 AM)Mordent Wrote: So basically a weak version of "most competent geneticists after 30 minutes assuming they're not bombed too much"?

seems more like 'basically wizard but with upgrading of skills?' to me

Pyrokinesis: fire breath
Aerokinetic shockwave: superfart
Hydrokinetic slip: little unclear on the intended details here, seems to basically combat fire + let you slip people? Some combination of heat/thermal resistance + cryokinesis (for slipping ice blasts) covers this.
Telekinesis: Telekinesis

Tack on hulk, SMES, and a few utility ones (e.g. chameleon, sync'd spatial destabilization) and the above can be surpassed pretty quickly with mutations. Sure, you could have the cooldowns be lower, but eh.
What could be fun, a mutant antag that has constantly shifting mutant powers and reduced cooldowns on em
that would actually be cool. and mordent when are genetecists every competent xD? I think the mutant antag should get better mutations as they do their objectives, possibly to maybe create unstable mutagen and drink it for like one objective, another maybe like inject someone with mutagen or irradiate yourself and have a chance of dying.
Loaves whove claimed the lives of crewmembers should come alive when splashed with strange reagent. The loafed people would pilot the loaf and go on a disgusting rampage.
(12-06-2017, 01:24 AM)Studenterhue Wrote: Add a typewriter that only cockroaches can use, but they can only use procedurally-generated e.e. cummings lines, Oujia board style.

This except selected lines from the works of Franz Kafka.
I would like to see a slingshot weapon that uses metal ball berrings as ammo. Creates stuns and brain damage and has reusable ammo but requires you pick up the ammo after you fire it. Maybe as a syndie stealth weapon since you could stun someone then strangle or whatever.
blobs, that upon eating a certain amount of people are able to adapt and evolve and spawn player controlled blob-humanoids to help defend
The ability to wear a fanny pack or belt while not wearing clothing.
(12-07-2017, 10:42 PM)robsnow Wrote: The ability to wear a fanny pack or belt while not wearing clothing.
I agree. Belts hold things to your body. If it can't hold itself to your body then they're not much of a belt.

It's just so ingrained in me that "belt goes into jumpsuit's belt slot" that I forget.
Allow critters to bite or gnaw exposed door and APC wires that people don't take the time to seal back up again.

Edit: apparently I'm dumb and they can already do this