Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(03-05-2023, 07:38 AM)BatElite Wrote: Antag spawn event that puts 4-6 headspiders on a pest spawn somewhere
The idea being that crew will probably hunt down most of them before they manage to take over a host, so it's a scramble on both sides

I actually like this idea... Can be announced like:
"An unknown container just been teleported into our station from an unknown location."

Can even become a "what's inside the box event"
Can be good treasures.
Can be evil head spider critters.

With the whole lore reason being: "Syndicate send some of their trash." "A station in trouble got rid of it's stuff." "An expensive order went into the wrong location."

So it can hold lots of credits, gold, armor, weapons.
But also death and despair or a bomb just in case.
Or a clown trap just to be lame.
module-specific borg upgrades

civilian - reservoir of chemicals that would help botanists grow better plants, includes chicken carriers

research - remote telesci computer access

brobot - unlimited supply of paper that allows them to roll blunts for themselves and other people, also an icecream dispenser

engineering - vacuum attachment to suck up gas, can catastrophically fail and damage the cyborg if it's superheated gas

medical - chicken soup reservoir that adds on to the cybernetic hydrospray

miner - remote rockbox access, cannot be used by the borg by themselves but by other miners/people looking to buy
plating a mechcomp button in soulsteel should let ghosts press it
(03-06-2023, 03:48 PM)Doop Wrote: plating a mechcomp button in soulsteel should let ghosts press it

...who's going to tell them.
(03-06-2023, 04:55 PM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote: ...who's going to tell them.

i had a feeling it might work... but i thought i'd suggest it anyway just in case.
(03-06-2023, 06:56 PM)Doop Wrote: i had a feeling it might work... but i thought i'd suggest it anyway just in case.

In your defense, it was a very recent addition - might've been added a week ago. So it's quite new as features go.

In a similar suggestion, if a wind-up bomb car is plated with soulsteel, ghosts should be able to drive it around like a regular car, as well as blow it up on command with whatever the payload is. (Assuming that isn't already the case, of course.)
What if mid round tators spawned with items in their backpacks like a surplus? Either they could get super powerful stuff they could use to make the rest of the round crazy as hell or, get meh stuff they can possibly use to cause a little chaos
Folks should be able to suicide with the ghost catcher somehow, which adds them to the ghostdrone queue
(03-08-2023, 01:55 AM)BatElite Wrote: Folks should be able to suicide with the ghost catcher somehow, which adds them to the ghostdrone queue

Suicide using the Ectoplasmic Rifle. You know the one that can shoot ghosts? If suicided with it..  your soul is killed inside, so you are DOUBLE DEAD!
Also makes you DNR right from the start...
(03-06-2023, 03:48 PM)Doop Wrote: plating a mechcomp button in soulsteel should let ghosts press it

as someone said, this is a thing now (i think i added it like a day or three before your post, heh, did you know we have a mechcomp thread atm that i've been posting in)

the main problem is that ghosts can still possess it, so your buttons might go flying away
(03-08-2023, 10:07 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: as someone said, this is a thing now (i think i added it like a day or three before your post, heh, did you know we have a mechcomp thread atm that i've been posting in)

the main problem is that ghosts can still possess it, so your buttons might go flying away

oh, somehow i completely missed that thread! i'm excited to try this out in game
(03-08-2023, 10:07 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: the main problem is that ghosts can still possess it, so your buttons might go flying away

Hmm. Maybe make it so that if you use a screwdriver/wrench/welder on the button, they get stuck to the floor, so they can't be moved. Ghosts could still possess them if they want to have exclusive/enhanced button-pressing access, but the buttons wouldn't fly away.
Secmate already shows whether people are unconscious or dead but i wish it would show it without having to go into a persons profile like cloning does with the colored boxes
What if security had their own fabricator that made things like handcuffs and flashes? It would also be really useful for repairing security since all fabs make metal plates
let cyborgs choose which scream sound they want to use