Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(02-01-2023, 12:45 PM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 11:15 AM)BatElite Wrote: Oh you'd need at least 30s for that to get interesting

Right, but randomly getting kicked out your body for 30 seconds at a time would absolutely warrant making the trait be +3 or more, that's a pretty serious downside.

Suggestion: Dabbing over a bible or a pocket bible is equivalent to farting on it, instantly gibbing you. If you are dabbing under the influence of one of the dabbing-related secret chems, you get sent to Hell, similar to farting on a bible with empowered high-pressure intestines. Atheists are not immune to the gibbing effects.

Dabbing on a bible already does something.
(02-02-2023, 04:47 AM)Mouse Wrote: Dabbing on a bible already does something.

POV: I have never had or used a Dabbing license.

Suggestion: Remove potassium as a plant tray nutrient. You cannot practically use it as a nutrient on any plant other than a weed, as adding water to the tray will cause the mixture to blow up, destroying the plant, sometimes destroying the tray, and rarely breaching the hull underneath the tray. I have only ever had to deal with someone doing this once, presumably because they read the Botany page on the wiki and didn't see that potassium reacts with water, and that was one time too many for my tastes. (That or they were an antag, in which case bravo.)
(02-02-2023, 05:18 AM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote: Suggestion: Remove potassium as a plant tray nutrient. You cannot practically use it as a nutrient on any plant other than a weed, as adding water to the tray will cause the mixture to blow up, destroying the plant, sometimes destroying the tray, and rarely breaching the hull underneath the tray. I have only ever had to deal with someone doing this once, presumably because they read the Botany page on the wiki and didn't see that potassium reacts with water, and that was one time too many for my tastes. (That or they were an antag, in which case bravo.)

I love that little thing in the wiki that straight up trolls people. Sadly, i never witnessed it, i would probably burst in laughter and then explain them whats happening. It's like seeing someone make crank or cfl3 for the first time by heating it in their hand.

Maybe i PR a mutation that require the plant to be growing in liquid potassium. Makes probably for some nice headache for botanists that want to pursue that path and don't want their plant be exploded by someone trying to water it.
(02-02-2023, 05:18 AM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote:

You don't need the lisence to dab. I seen people dab without the lisence before.
(02-02-2023, 06:08 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 05:18 AM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote:

You don't need the lisence to dab. I seen people dab without the lisence before.

But that is frankly, Illegal, and a crime.
(02-02-2023, 05:28 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I love that little thing in the wiki that straight up trolls people. Sadly, i never witnessed it, i would probably burst in laughter and then explain them whats happening. It's like seeing someone make crank or cfl3 for the first time by heating it in their hand.

Maybe i PR a mutation that require the plant to be growing in liquid potassium. Makes probably for some nice headache for botanists that want to pursue that path and don't want their plant be exploded by someone trying to water it.

I'll have you know that it was VERY confusing to me when I got flashbanged and exploded while trying to water my plants. I only put the dots together when I whipped out a Reagent Scanner and saw that my watering cans contained only water (and not some hellchem mix, as I initially assumed) and noticed all of the bananas growing on the other side of the room. On one hand, while it was really funny, I was more panicked about botany rapidly depressurizing and being near-crit from blowing up twice.

As for the liquid potassium thing, I'd be down if the mutation was REALLY strong. Like, increases all plant stats and stat increases/decreases by 50%, but you've gotta grow it with mostly potassium in the tray or it takes damage quickly. And, obviously, it wouldn't need water to grow. Put that in the gene pool of something that people don't normally grow (creepers, for instance) and you'd both get a cool thing to splice and more incentive for people to grow weird plants. You'd also probably have to wall off the trays so there wouldn't be any well-meaning morons that nuke all of your hard work. (There is a PR for creepers in the pipeline, though, so you could opt to put it in the gene pools of one of the new varieties of flowers instead.)

I'd petition for the name of the mutation to be "Alkaliphile," as in alkaline-loving, since potassium is an alkali metal. Bonus points if it also gets the growth bonus with lithium in the tray.
A +1/+2 trait that gives you light cyborg legs. However due to the fact that light cyborg legs can negate injury slowdown the legs could be slightly different such as rickety/other adjective light cyborg legs that don't negate injury slowdown. Would be nice to be able to spawn with full cyborg limbs if your going for a tech priest as chaplain or just for the flavour of having cyborg appendages
nerf the affect consuming spicy food has on you. getting stunned/dropping everything youre holding and stammering for 5+ minutes is annoying and has no basis in reality
(02-04-2023, 01:36 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: nerf the affect consuming spicy food has on you. getting stunned/dropping everything youre holding and stammering for 5+ minutes is annoying and has no basis in reality

Or atleast drinking milk will remove the effect
bee bites should not inflict histamine, Bee stings inflict histamine, bee stings kill the bee.
(02-04-2023, 09:54 PM)NOOT Wrote: bee bites should not inflict histamine, Bee stings inflict histamine, bee stings kill the bee.

Yes, but having all of your bees die because someone misclicked on harm intent and aggroed all of them is a bit of a bummer. If bees stinging people was a last-resort attack they do only when at low health and they bite people at all other times, I'd be for the change because it means accidentally aggroing bees is more forgiving.

Suggestion: Instead of bees throwing up honey as a final product, bees instead regurgitate honey into little wax baubles/honeycomb "cups." Heating these with a welder or any other heating tool (putting them in a food processor, oven on low, in a beaker on a hotplate, etc.) will separate them into beeswax and honey. Increase the sell price of both honey and wax to reflect this additional processing step, and make honey safe to eat as is (without getting food poisoning) because you've technically "cooked" it. Also, add a recipe for making candles with beeswax and paper or cotton, I really don't get why having more candles is restricted to QM orders.
(02-04-2023, 09:54 PM)NOOT Wrote: bee bites should not inflict histamine, Bee stings inflict histamine, bee stings kill the bee.

Yeah but these are genetically modified space bees, maybe their stingers are tougher like a wasps
Reduce the amount of roboticist slots, or expand robotics (the area). Every time I try to play roboticist I am pretty much immediately overwhelmed by the amount of people in the room, and it doesn't help that it's pretty much always being broken into. I don't really think you *need* 3 roboticists ever, I think 2 is a good sweet spot because it attracts a lot of new players and another roboticist to teach them is always good, but honestly I even think just 1 roboticist would be fine. I can't think of a scenario where a second roboticist absolutely needs to be on hand (aside from healing during surgery). Obviously this idea stems from personal frustration so that's why I'm putting it here instead of its own thread, I don't really think this is a critical change that needs to be made but it's the main reason why I never touch the role despite enjoying the basic mechanics.

Alternatively move cyborg spawns around. Rather than having every borg spawn in robotics, spread their spawns out around the various docking stations on board. Gives some more breathing room at roundstart and any changes that need to be make to the borgs can be done one at a time rather than everyone crowding around the manufacturers 1 minute in.
(02-05-2023, 09:18 AM)BadShot Wrote:

Yeah but these are genetically modified space bees, maybe their stingers are tougher like a wasps

pretty sure examining them mentions that their stings aren't barbed and consequently can be reused
(02-06-2023, 05:11 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 09:18 AM)BadShot Wrote:

pretty sure examining them mentions that their stings aren't barbed and consequently can be reused

For normal ones it mentions they're genetically modified and are popular, big ones mention the stinger is formed of keratin instead of being a modified ovipositor, so yeah pretty much