Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(08-31-2022, 12:40 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: filling an empty sword sheath with chems allows you to take a sip out of the sheath when there isn't a sword in it, like the world's most ostentatious hip flask

I think that is actually doable

EDIT: oh god, code scary
Here's a questionable one.. New Server (Heavier rules)
Based off the removing miscreant role.

In this case employees have to obey the rules more strictly.
Staff Assistants are used to staff assist other sections to clear their objectives.
Clowns actually have to entertain not disrupt.
Botany CANNOT GROW weed.
Security has to actively keep miscreants/antags in line. And may have to ticket staff that spend too much time in the bar.
You know.. a cohesive shift where no one is allowed to do dumb gimmicks.

I love my gimmicks, but it would be interresting change of flavor to see a server where players have to actually do their jobs.
Insted of just "condoning" things, cause it's the norm.

It also means Antags and Miscreants stand out more cause other players aren't allowed to do that stuff and if they do... well let's say they get politely told not to go on this server.

Questionable idea no?
(09-03-2022, 03:25 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Here's a questionable one.. New Server (Heavier rules)

Staff Assistants are used to staff assist other sections to clear their objectives.
Botany CANNOT GROW weed.
Security has to actively keep miscreants/antags in line. And may have to ticket staff that spend too much time in the bar.

I love my gimmicks, but it would be interresting change of flavor to see a server where players have to actually do their jobs.

It also means Antags and Miscreants stand out more cause other players aren't allowed to do that stuff and if they do... well let's say they get politely told not to go on this server.

Questionable idea no?

Ah yes the extended round  for over a month that we went through on RP around this time last year. Brings back terrible memories.
(09-03-2022, 04:55 PM)DioChasek Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 03:25 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Here's a questionable one.. New Server (Heavier rules)

Botany CANNOT GROW weed.

Questionable idea no?

Ah yes the extended round  for over a month that we went through on RP around this time last year. Brings back terrible memories.

Well that was terrible cause it got boring with no antags trying to kill or blow up the station. People were still doing miscreant things, infact it kinda got bigger and bigger over time.

This was more "There are still miscreants/antags around" but any things you aren't suppose to do on the job is DENIED.
Also security now will have to ticket more and be the "bullies" they are imagined to be.
And the heads act like managers...

Then again... it's not super fun, but a fun twist on things.
mimes should be able to commit suicide via *fingerguns

the d20 should have a suicide distinct from the other dice suicides where you roll a natural 1

Botany CANNOT GROW weed.

Questionable idea no?

Might be fun for a round, maybe two. But after doing it a few times it'd get pretty boring to do your job.
When you look at the jobs, they are all rather shallow without being able to screw around, you get maybe 20 minutes of work until you've completed any goal you set (See; Botany, Sci, Mining, Ect)
Don't get me started on how mind-numbingly boring security is with nothing to do
Give the Chef the ability to quickly butcher corpses/people on a table with the knife, removing organs quickly atthe cost of more damage to the corpse/person due to not having any delicacy at all for keeping the person intact. "Chef Bjork rips out Pubbies intestines and tosses it aside!"
That's what the butcher knife is for ;3

End of round event where instead of a shuttle docking at escape, the crew has to evacuate with the mining shuttle
Since that can seat 5 or so people, let it do a couple trips back and forth :P
A syndicate deconstruction device that comes twinned with the syndicate device analyser. Can be used to deconstruct any syndicate scannable objects, as well as some that should be deconstructable by rogue agents only (IE, armory doors, law racks, ai turrets). When used on any normally scannable item (IE non syndicate scanner) can be used to deconstruct without the precursor steps (wirecutters, wrench, etc)
A Gravity generator in any space based ships, located in the engine.
Can be wound up to (gradually) give people slowdown and, eventually, brute damage if not corrected.
Can be wound down to make people more likely to slip, and eventually weightless without a jetpack or magboots, if left uncorrected.

Emagging it would cause these values to shift wildly from say -50% to +150%, loss of gravity and brute damage values would happen around the 25% and 175% ranges.

Explosions on station may cause the gravity to shift (based on where tehy were on the station), which would need to be corrected.
If deconstructed, gravity would remain at the value it was deconstructed at, but cause on station explosives to have wilder effects on the gravity until it is repaired.
(09-09-2022, 10:08 PM)NOOT Wrote: A Gravity generator in any space based ships, located in the engine.
Can be wound up to (gradually) give people slowdown and, eventually, brute damage if not corrected.
Can be wound down to make people more likely to slip, and eventually weightless without a jetpack or magboots, if left uncorrected.

Emagging it would cause these values to shift wildly from say -50% to +150%, loss of gravity and brute damage values would happen around the 25% and 175% ranges.

Explosions on station may cause the gravity to shift (based on where tehy were on the station), which would need to be corrected.
If deconstructed, gravity would remain at the value it was deconstructed at, but cause on station explosives to have wilder effects on the gravity until it is repaired.

I seen other codebases have this.. when the gravity is off you float around and need a jetpack to move around or stick near walls.
From what I know.. it becomes very common for the gravity to go off on a station...
On Goon however since the stations are very different... I don't think this will work.
Some stations this can work but in others with larger areas it just gets ANNOYING!
after playing an rp round where instead of space, it was all desert.

a desert-based map would be pretty interesting, since instead of freezing your ass off and suffocating in space, you'd be at risk of overheating, heat-stroke, dehydration, etc. the debris field/trench equivalent could be a twisting network of caves, where one wrong step could result in you getting trapped and stuck. think of the nutty putty cave incident (don't look this up if you are claustrophobic or faint of heart. not gory or anything but it's very frightening to think about). there could also be the burial ground of a long-dead alien race deeper within the caverns that if unearthed could have repercussions for the miners and crew. i like nature and since ss13 is a video game, i can appreciate the idea of nature being twisted and perverted into something horrible by a corporation like nanotrasen.
Add a reverse Y junction pipe to the pipe dispensers. At the moment we have two of the three y pipe variations but the third one isnt possible to produce (Unless I am sorely mistaken)
(09-10-2022, 06:06 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: after playing an rp round where instead of space, it was all desert.

a desert-based map would be pretty interesting, since instead of freezing your ass off and suffocating in space, you'd be at risk of overheating, heat-stroke, dehydration, etc.  the debris field/trench equivalent could be a twisting network of caves, where one wrong step could result in you getting trapped and stuck. think of the nutty putty cave incident (don't look this up if you are claustrophobic or faint of heart. not gory or anything but it's very frightening to think about).  there could also be the burial ground of a long-dead alien race deeper within the caverns that if unearthed could have repercussions for the miners and crew.  i like nature and since ss13 is a video game, i can appreciate the idea of nature being twisted and perverted into something horrible by a corporation like nanotrasen.

Maybe add sandworms and have it be set on an all desert planet.

The spice must flow....
(09-10-2022, 06:12 PM)NOOT Wrote: Add a reverse Y junction pipe to the pipe dispensers. At the moment we have two of the three y pipe variations but the third one isnt possible to produce (Unless I am sorely mistaken)

Clicking the regular junction item reverses it

lets add the biofilters and shit though