Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
(04-28-2017, 01:10 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 08:17 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Gamemode idea: Territory paint. A random number of people are given a bunch of random color paint cans. Their goal is to paint as much of the station as they can of their color. No need to refill.
Yes! Certainly needs a punnier name but I'm half asleep so later. The station will fall to my pink paint. Painting another player should count as two tiles or something.

game mode: you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid
(04-28-2017, 01:29 AM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 08:17 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Gamemode idea: Territory paint. A random number of people are given a bunch of random color paint cans. Their goal is to paint as much of the station as they can of their color. No need to refill.
Yes! Certainly needs a punnier name but I'm half asleep so later. The station will fall to my pink paint. Painting another player should count as two tiles or something.

game mode: you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid you're a kid you're a squid

It's my time to shine.
(04-28-2017, 01:49 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 01:29 AM)Vitatroll Wrote:

It's my time to shine.

i predict that red team will win
Instead of making a chance to straight up block radio chat, comms-jamming events should scramble whatever is said. Depending on the severity, it would replace letters and words with symbols and static, as well as drop or change the name of the speaker.
neato ideo superlagg
ghost drones get an option to change modules at charging docks

The current one could be the Repair module. 

Also available...

the Janitorial module which gives you space cleaner sponges and a mop along with maybe a mini trash compactor for small items and a horrifingly spooky device that repairs smashed light tubes

The BeepBox module that comes complete with all the instruments to entertain 

The Clown module that lets you make balloon animals draw with crayons and honk
(04-28-2017, 04:56 PM)Sov Wrote: The BeepBox module that comes complete with all the instruments to entertain 

isn't law one "don't communicate with the humans at all" seems like these two break that pretty hard
just give drones janitor closet access if you want to cleen. you have pickup magnet right
(04-28-2017, 07:38 PM)misto Wrote: just give drones janitor closet access if you want to cleen. you have pickup magnet right

Cue the crew running around with labelers labeling every ghost drone "ROOMBA"
(04-28-2017, 07:30 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 04:56 PM)Sov Wrote: The BeepBox module that comes complete with all the instruments to entertain 

isn't law one "don't communicate with the humans at all" seems like these two break that pretty hard
the Beepbox would have no way to contact humans besides the universal language of music... and who doesn't like a Jazz Drone?

the Clown would have to be limited to nonletters while writing with the crayons outside of assday.
Asteroid XenoPaleontology:

Adds a new rock "fossil" that can be scanned by miners using a genetics scanner (which can write to genetics disks, which probably already exist in the game code but sit unused) Alternatively just borrow a geneticist's pda, which can scan fossils for some reason (unless a coder wants to create a fossil version of the genetics scanner)

This wouldn't be a new job or anything, just an extension of mining and genetics.

Mobs could get pulled from critters already in the game, plus any critters the coders and spriters feel like adding later.

This also uses biomass, so you can't really sit and mass print ducks all round.

Also mobs get pre-appended with "Ancient", "Prehistoric" etc so that people know they were cloned. e.g "This is an ancient owl". Also because it would be funny wondering how a clown spider is prehistoric.

This idea exists on other servers in some form, but I'm suggesting a low effort version (or at least sounds low effort) that involves questioning how bees got stuck inside an asteroid.

reasons for: Miners can now bargain with genetics for superpowers in exchange for cute animals.

Traitors can now use the mining magnet to try and see if they can find the dna for deadly things.

reasons against: It's not really logical, plus it requires at least two sprites.
I want an ancient wendigo king now
the ancient ice spider encased in space amber was quite a find... but the fluids in its belly were the true treasure. the scientists were so wrapped up in the question of whether they could, they didnt stop to wonder if they should
Give braindead players monkey AI.