Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Sec objectives that involve people being arrested are bad and stupid
Those objectives should count someone as "brigged" if *any* part of theirs in the brig. A limb, a butt, their hair, their daughter's prized apple, anything. Even a piece of paper with their name scratched on in crayon.
A large phonebook should be added to security, for those interrogations where you dont want to leave a bruise. It would make a fun sound but do minimal to no brute damage.
Why not just beat them over the head with the SpaceLaw book that’s already in Sec?
(01-15-2020, 11:44 AM)Carbadox Wrote: Why not just beat them over the head with the SpaceLaw book that’s already in Sec?

It's been suggested before, possibly by myself I can't remember, that the spacelaw book should do some mild stamina/brute. Give it a big TWHACK noise and the flavortext "Sundance Feely hits Snudunce Cheeki with the full force of the LAW"
Add a multitude of different lines for when you thwack someone with SpaceLaw
When a killswitch is activated, the station (not just the affected silicon) should hear a random series of boops and bops and then a random adjective and noun, preferably in format of [literary reference] [synonym for machine], such as "Orwellian apparatus", "Villiers de l'Isle-Adam automaton" or "Laputan machine"
The station being made aware that the AI killswitch has been activated would be nice - usually the AI would scream non-stop about it anyways but, still, would be a genuinely nice function.
I hate the killswitch but anything that makes its implementation cooler and nicer is good
Why not just have unique verbal killswitches for each borg? See what they are at the killswitch console
I vaguely like the idea of traitors revealing themselves by shouting the kill codes over the radio or while locked in a room, reading off the computer like a sick and twisted roll call
(01-16-2020, 10:37 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I vaguely like the idea of traitors revealing themselves by shouting the kill codes over the radio or while locked in a room, reading off the computer like a sick and twisted roll call

That would be some really, really cool RP material.
Just make finding those killswitch phrases as difficult as engaging the actual killswitch
You should probably also have *multiple* Head Level IDs to actually see the list of killswitch commands.
Make the secret chem hints a bit more noticeable in the chat window. I won't lie, it took me a few of them to understand how they actually worked....
Regarding the killswitch stuff, imo killswitching is less impactful than uploading laws, since a law can be an 'instant killswitch' suicide law anyways. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯