Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
super that's such a simple yet great idea and i love it
add a hacking interface to security scanners so you can turn them off/give false positives or whatever with hacking tools. i don't get why they're so hard to disable and don't really seem to have any way to interact with them other than cutting the power. no one ever upgrades anyones access to have firearm permissions or whatever so the things sometimes are just going off constantly.

(disregard this if theres a way to mess with them that i couldn't figure out)
observing someone for long enough should give you control of their body
i love the idea of hacking security scanners, honestly

Maybe only let that be a thing if you emag them? Hell, emagging them could have hilarious results - namely having EVERYONE that walks through it be set to arrest due to a level 10 contraband threat, and having an even more obnoxious alarm sound.

I love it.
Make it so that when you have cyborg treads, your movement is the same as submarine pod movement
Make trucks/cars buildable, and make wheels/treads accessible on maps besides Oshan, but make them not work in space unless you modify them with a pod engine.
Holding onto someone with a grab when they teleport should take you with them
Reworking(?) how physics works.

Basically, items and mobs would have mass, so then they can have momentum. If something doesn't have a specified mass, then it just assumes a mass associated with the size of the item - the sizes of tiny, small, normal, large, and bulky would have masses assigned to them. Of course, these masses are just default so that not literally everything has to have some new value added to it in the code.

So, what this means is that, for example, a hotdog stand flying at you would do WAY more damage than a backpack - despite the both of them being considered 'bulky'.

More massive objects would take more energy to move them, too. A screwdriver would fly much further than a surgical tray when launched from a graviton accelerator. Their velocities aren't limited, of course, it's just that certain things would only impart so much force onto something. Of course, things like mass ejectors should be able to impart enough force to equally accelerate any object - so a crate filled with corpses is absolutely not going to stop after smashing into your face.

Also, if two objects collide, their momentums should equalize - conservation of momentum. A crate loaded with tons of metal shot from a mass ejector will have absurd momentum due to its high mass and velocity - so, when you get hit by it, the crate slows down a bit, but you speed up a lot (and take quite a bit of damage).

Oh and, yes, hitting a wall with enough kinetic energy should absolutely be able to knock it over - and this should absolutely include pods, because that would be hilarious. Imagine being a shit pod pilot and accidentally smashing into a wall at max speed in a gold miniputt, only to realize "oh heck my pod takes collision damage now" moments before exploding into a shower of gibs and scrap metal.
titan gel

add it to the game

you find it, you use it, and suddenly you're charged for all your money from your bank account, and are shocked to realize that it's actually just whipped cream dyed blue
Armless people should be able to put pressure on wounds with their feet.
(07-31-2019, 06:21 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Armless people should be able to put pressure on wounds with their feet.

but its only half as effective or less
(07-31-2019, 04:44 AM)aft2001 Wrote: titan gel

add it to the game

you find it, you use it, and suddenly you're charged for all your money from your bank account, and are shocked to realize that it's actually just whipped cream dyed blue

i am unmeasurably peeved that i've just googled that at work

Thank
what the fuck even is titan gel? I only saw it because of a spam bot that posted in here so I referred to it for the meemz
Chaos gamemode: Every antag is spawned at least once
The ability for the HoS to call for NT:SO (Not the same NT:SO as latejoin) Backup, this would alert any non-antag dead,along with anyone attempting to join for the next 5 minutes, with the option of respawning as a member of this NT:SO squad.

After 5 minutes everyone who was selected to join the squad spawns in a shuttle (Reskinned and edited nuke op shuttle?) and gets to collect the proper equipment before heading to the station via pod.