Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Chaplain's Blessings
Chaplains could have a lot more to do other than just being an RP role that can sometimes very rarely heal people.

Maybe some 'blessings' to help crew achieve some things that may have some bit of luck involved, like botanists doing infusions which have a chance of changing a value by a number in a range of -5 to 5 for example, with chaplains blessing have it weight towards the positive.
Maybe have blessings that act similar to spatial interdictors but stay with you for a certain period regardless of where you are- with lesser effect of course.

As in, picture a ling or a vampire, crew already sometimes heads to the chapel for safety, why not get blessed for the upcoming fight?
good idea wyci
I like this idea a lot! I like chaplain as an RP focused role, but it does feel like it's pretty unpopular for those reasons and could use a fun lil extra something to contribute to other's projects that don't necessarily involve the paranormal antagonists.
Chaplains only have a strong role when: A vampire, wizard or wraith is around.

But wraiths can move freely against chaplains...
A vampire just can't drink or damage it with it's abillities.
Wizards just don't like em but can still kill em easily outside the chapel.

I think this is a good one. Blessing places will be more fun and give more RP chances.
Botanist: "Can you bless our weed farm?"
Chaplain: "YOU SHALL NOT GROW THE DEVILS WEED!"
It's a good idea, but not one that hasn't been discussed quite a bit. We're still in need of someone to code it though, but we can work out a design doc here eh weheh.

To add to the things mentioned here though, with how faith presently works we'd want stuff that can draw people to the chapel so that faith can generate. Some sort of unique benefit they can only get there.