Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Doomcloset
DOOM CLOSETS

they have been our friends and companions for as long as spacemen can remember.  occasionally trapping us in their cold steel embrace, closets have been with us the whole way.

BUT WHAT IF THEY TURNED ON US??

I present to you this idea.  This Idea I am having....is doom closets.

But what are doom closets?

dddoomm. 

So the doom closet is a closet that eats people.  It's sort of like the artistic toolbox combined with the maneater!!!

here is how it works: it eats people but not the traitor that summons/creates/whatevers it.  So anyone that isn't the traitor goes in there, HOMF MUNCH GULP the person is devoured.  Might have time delay or traitor control or something BUT it will eat them.   It grows MORE POWERFUL and HUNGRY as it eats and eventually will be able to act as a VERY TOUGH mob on its own.  Maybe with camoflage powers (to become different closets) or other weird gimmicky things. 

Also when you get in it you can't get back out without a lot of help so you might be able to call for help but without anyone around it's gonna eat you.  

I want people to FEAR more of the station and second guess whether they really want to duck in that closet for cover.  Maybe this would be a good traitor item for whoever's currently got the worst/most boring traitor item lineup
(01-23-2017, 08:21 PM)poland spring Wrote: It's sort of like the artistic toolbox combined with the maneater!!!

NOPE
...so a syndicate trashcart?

I like the idea of making normal things like closets be something sinister, maybe there could be a way to turn something into an "X"-mimic?
yeah this is mostly about making people more suspicious of everyday objects that normally wouldn't attack them
Easiest way to make people fear lockers is to start using prox-beakers again.

I like the idea of a closet iron maiden that makes for messy murders, but I'm not so sure about the mob mimic type thing with growing powers.
(01-23-2017, 08:21 PM)poland spring Wrote: DOOM CLOSETS
-snipped-

did you know that these are already in the game?!

not implemented as a traitor item though, just closets that eat people alive slowly till they die of being munched
Strikes me more as a wraith or wizard power if it was an antag thing

I assume the real ones are a solarium thing?
(01-14-2017, 05:38 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: The whole 'are they human' thing is a bit moot anyways. Anybody who goes around killing inhuman sentients (that aren't cluwnes/antags/violent) because 'lol validkill' is going to have a good (robust) chunk of the station do horrible things to them.

My only problems are with what happened last time with lizards; there were too many of 'em and some of em' got obsessive. Even after it died down. The novelty dies real quick.

I'd be in for a 0 point trait that gave you the possibility to spawn you as one of the other (randomly chosen) species. The total of which would naturally be capped vs the total station pop.

(01-23-2017, 11:40 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 08:21 PM)poland spring Wrote: DOOM CLOSETS
-snipped-

did you know that these are already in the game?!

not implemented as a traitor item though, just closets that eat people alive slowly till they die of being munched

I had no idea and a way to infect closets/airlocks/etc with meat would be great now that I think about it
Soulsteel locker?
There's an admin button, typically enabled during disaster rounds where lockers are being abused, that gives lockers a chance to crusher their contents when closed with a person inside.

It's pretty great.