Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What makes a good station/ship?
If it was called a owlery instead would it still be a aviary?
(05-18-2017, 04:40 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: If it was called a owlery instead would it still be a aviary?

Yes.

You can't just through other birds in the mix with the owls!
Personally I believe the PTL should cut through Genetics.

[Image: LlQzynp.png]
Oh god I can only imagine
good proximity of frequently co-operating departments with each other, windows to look thru into depts to see if mischief is happening.
the entire station not snitching on you with its snitch echos
Some degree of security for departments. I hate playing QM on cog2 largely because the whole area is pretty much open to anyone who knows the "slide under flaps" trick.
Airbridges that can completely cut off a section of the ship for people without access to spacesuits and Maintenance that can not be blocked by leaving a crate in there (looking at you destiny).
merged the exact same thread because y'all r dum

also read my post on the first page
maegor did u know about crate scooting. clickdrag yourself onto a crate to scoot onto it
A good ship  should have obvious differences from a station. I don't like how the Destiny's bridge in smack-bang in the middle of the ship, and I feel like some of the job names and uniforms could be changed to reflect that you're on a space vessel, not a station.
(05-19-2017, 08:57 AM)misto Wrote: maegor did u know about crate scooting. clickdrag yourself onto a crate to scoot onto it

The crate the first thing to come to my mind, artifacts, a piece of the engine or whatever can completely block the hallway
I dunno, I kinda like cramped tunnels. Helps get across the idea that they are inherently dangerous shortcuts to take. Maybe two wide should be the standard, but bits here and there that are only one tile wide are good for choke points for ambushes
maybe scooting could be applied to other objects rather than just crates. something 2 think about
Neat shortcuts and secrets, and ways to get about like cog1 has. Cog2 is a great map but I think the lack of shotcuts, and restricting access to the catwalks and the center of the station to those with maintenance and airlock access really hurts it. imo it would be better if the maintenance around robotics, mechanics, the pool and crew quarters were hallways and the catwalks accessible to anyone.