Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
This occurred on LLJK5 (Destiny)

I was the RD that round, and I was running around telescience like normal. Suddenly, the long range teleporter activated. A 'disturbed scientist' popped out and started muttering things about an outpost 31 and how there was an infection outbreak. He started to say he needed medical help, and I rushed him to medbay.

After arriving, the MD took him into the surgery room and I accompanied him. He screamed and said something was in his stomach.
Suddenly, he turned into a mutant and the medical team punched it to death. I transported the corpse to research for studying.

I became a ling after a conversation with the admins, and my mission was to sew chaos and distrust throughout the station. This was helped with emergency messages from centcomm of course. I then proceeded to sting random people and leave husks in the main hallways. During this time, the security force was enforcing a strict quarantine around the ship and shooting down people trying to escape.

After that, me and the MD framed the captain for being a ling and brought it on the shuttle. Mission accomplished.
We're leaving together, but still it's farewell... [Image: bkQhRiz.png]
I managed to get to the end of a round an escape alive as a wizard.

I also spent the entire wizard round saying "Yee Haw" in various different ways to my victims the crew.

Yee Haw.
Quote:Bridge Announcement Computer [145.9] broadcasts, "Lilly Prendergast has signed up as Cluwne."
Bridge Announcement Computer [145.9] broadcasts, "Mr. Yoam has signed up as Cluwne."
Bridge Announcement Computer [145.9] broadcasts, "Dickson Ormus has signed up as Cluwne."
Bridge Announcement Computer [145.9] broadcasts, "Anastasia Frost has signed up as Cluwne."
Bridge Announcement Computer [145.9] broadcasts, "Jamar Rogers has signed up as Cluwne."
Mr. Yoam exclaims, "HONK HONK HONK HONK!"
Santa Claus slurs, "UUUUUuuuhh"
Nathan Oslowe [145.9] says, "Oh god launch the shuttle."

They didn't get to launch the shuttle before the Cluwnes dogpiled it.

And then a quark-gluon-plasma grenade went off and gibbed everything in it.

Except for a traitor, the sole escapee, who wisely hid from the Cluwne mob in the sleeper.

Cluwne mobs will never not be funny.
[Image: 8WSUZ2C.png]

The engine got so hot, it creeped trough space tiles to melt the hot loop combustion chamber canisters, and cause half the station to burn up.
You wouldn't mind sharing what set-up you used, would you? Or is that classified under the Space Geneva Convention, as the heat radiated from that thing should depopulate the station and a PTL made by it should instantly vaporize anything that walks through it.
It was a very-late-night Destiny RP Secret round, where me and Carl pulled off an intense heist involving forced eye-removal surgery, joining a cult, framing a head of staff, gunfights, breaking and entering, and some cheeky RP banter.

It wasn't a big round to anyone else, but I haven't enjoyed myself in SS13 like that in years. Was like reliving my 17-year-old D&D days.

and then i might have accidentally ruined it all by posting a very bad imgur link in ooc instead of my objective, i am not clever
and then I fucked up my own quotes in a triple post nightmare because we dont have fucking edit buttons kill me.
Font sizing "protips:" Setting font-size to tiny has a value of 50, which is a giant lie for some reason and creates huge text. However, if you adjust it from 50 to 49, then you get appropriately small text.

Also, there's a preview button. In a forum without editing, it is godly.
Mageziya Wrote:Font sizing "protips:" Setting font-size to tiny has a value of 50, which is a giant lie for some reason and creates huge text. However, if you adjust it from 50 to 49, then you get appropriately small text.

Also, there's a preview button. In a forum without editing, it is godly.

One of the admins hated it when people use the TINY size too much. Marqueas If IIRC
I had a feeling that it was intentional.
Weavel's story is a cautionary tale, and here's the moral: Don't stay up too late playing 2d spaceman games - sleep is important!
So the RD apparently starts with a telescope now and it's actually pretty damn cool.

Automatically uploads coords to the the experimental long-range teleporter if you find something. Also, some of the non-warpable things you find are pretty cool for setting the atmosphere of how eerie and dangerous space is.
(I must note that this photo was inspired by Carlarc's)
[Image: wXdtgQs.png]
Last night we played a round of Space D&D on Destiny.
It was set in the space wild west, in the land of Space Texas.
We measured stats in: Strength, Smarts, and Slicks.

The three members of the party:
Gun Totin' Tony, a rootin tootin space cowboy from space texas, tony doesn't take a no from any man and fights to the death. (4/5/6)
Eddie "Beepin' Bartender" McGrath, a space cyborg cowboy who turned in his life of guns and crime for a quieter life as a robot barkeep. (2/7/6)
Vivian, a dark-blue haired girl that plays the violin and has lots of connections in the underground market. (5/2/8)

They started out in Eddie's bar. There was a bit of hubbub in the air about the Syndicate stealing space cows.
The party met each other and then approached a fat man sitting in the corner, who was staring intently at a screen.
It turns out his name was Bob Dastardly, and his cows were stolen by the Syndicate. The want Bob to pay a ransom. Eventually, he gave the party a ride to his space ranch to look for clues.
At his space ranch, they see a large space silo and a spherical space cow pen. They entered the space cow pen, and found a pair of black boots with a hair on them.
After rolling horribly, they dropped the hair and it fell into space. They then had to go into the space silo.
They found Bob's pickup truck, and fueled it up with: "Space tractor fuel. Do NOT use for space pickup trucks."

Suddenly, a space rat jumped at them. They quickly killed it with music from the violin, but the music woke up the rat's family.
They kill two baby ratlings, which could not do damage in the first place. It's parents weeped for a turn.
After that, they kill the parent rats cruelly while they lost their attack. The entire rat family died.

They found a syndicate agent business card for Donald Hopkins in the rat nest, and it had an address in Space Detroit.
On the highway, they pass by a dingy space motel, which they enter to look for clues.
They find a syndicate killbot inside, trying to make them check a room. They fail a slick check and get booted out, running for their lives.
The party has no choice but to continue on the road, but then their engine starts to sputter.
The engine compartment catched on fire! It appeared to them to be a PLASMA FIRE caused by the use of the tractor fuel!
They jump out, take damage, and fall unconscious.

A Space Hobo Cop finds them, and they quickly subdue him and steal his car and leave him bleeding on the ground.
The Cops' car makes it to Space Detroit, and they decide to go to Bob's apartment.
They try to arrest Bob, but he makes it out because absolutely horrible rolls.
[At this point, Tony went out for smokes and did not come back.]
They get on Bob's computer, and find out he is employed by the Nanotransen Security Division.
They then guess his bank account's password through a convoluted process involving a fish, a living log, and foreign space languages.
While Eddie and Vivian steal his money, they notice that he is actually employed by the Syndicate, who have disguised themselves as Nanotrasen.
They buy a big tank, armor, and guns to prepare for the final assault.

They crash into the capital building of Space Detroit, and surprise everyone inside.
Due to a bad roll on a breaching charge, the tank falls into the basement.
They learn that soon, the tank will fall into a cave below. They must make a choice to either stay in the tank or go to the top floor.
Vivian stupidly sets a bomb in the tank, and they take the elevator up. When the tank crashes into the cave below, it blows up and the foundations start to rumble and shake.
They meet a pair of guards who they slick-talk into running into the toilets. They then proceed to hack the door leading to Donald's office.
A fat man is sitting in the corner of a large desk. He is staring intently at a screen.
Vivian points a gun at him, and Eddie prepares to tackle him.
Eddie misses, and Vivian shoots the chair. It rolls around so the fat man is facing them. He has a mask on.

Shitty Bill Jr. asks, "Do you take the mask off?"
Vi Forgrave says, "Yeah"
Shitty Bill Jr. says, "One moment. I must grab something."

They take the mask of successfully.
It is Bob. Apparently Bob was the head of the syndicate the entire time.
Bob gets sucked into the screen he is looking at, and he leaves a sack in the chair.

Shitty Bill Jr. asks, "Do you open the sack?"
Vi Forgrave says, "I open it"
Shitty Bill Jr. says, "It appears to be an armed..."
Shitty Bill Jr. says, "PIPE BOMB"
You activate the pipe bomb! 5 seconds!
Your armor blocks the shrapnel!
Shitty Bill Jr. [145.9] says, "A pipe bomb has detonated on the bridge."
Alert: Due to crew shortages and fatalities, the emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 9 minutes.

Scrubbed Chatlog
zewaka Wrote:amazing Space Cowboys D&D post

Shit got too reel for me.
I was Sam in this, thank you for the fun man. Also absolutely my bad for vanishing forever, but it was 4AM
But overall excellent conclusion 10/10 artwork 100/100 for fully scrubbed chatlog, would definitely roleplay-while-roleplaying again!

Oh and I thought the Strength-Smarts-Slicks system turned out to be super versatile and simple too, will use IRL when I'm dorking.