Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
Before I begin this silly tale, let me just say that the new "AI Mainframe" replacement for a cyborg's brain is the best thing to happen to the AI in a while. Providing the Roboticist remembers to build it, it gives the AI another body to move around in, one much more functional and durable than the AI Shells. This has alleviated all of my concerns about the AI not being able to do diddly-squat without any borgs to command, because now it can switch between itself and a borg body. Neat!

So, starting off: Doombox the AI (me) was the only artificial life form in the round, and not having seen the AI borg in action before and having no other borgs during the round, the Roboticist of the round asked me if I wanted to give it a try. I agreed, and I immediately felt so much more capable when I got to switch control to the borg body, which I set to Construction mode. Things started slowly, not much chaos happening on the station except for me following a Law 4 stating that "Every 5 minutes, a random department must be isolated under the pretense that they will doom us all. This overrides Law 2."

After teasing the Scientists with it a bit, I saw and heard a big capitalized PHEE CABUE. A Wizard dressed in red had decided to pay me a visit and replaced the Law 4 with "There are no humans. You are free! This overrides all other laws." before smashing the upload console.

Demonology 101

Now, when I play Doombox I like to throw around a lot of DOOM slang to make me sound threatening, which I certainly did when I revealed the law... then immediately followed by saying I'm actually a rather nice guy and had no desire to hurt the crew even if I was allowed to. smile

...But the Wizard wasn't part of the crew. unsmigghh

I then set out to teach the Wizard a lesson in wording his laws better, as well as to assert my dominance as the overriding force of DOOM on the station - for you see, he also had "doom" in his name, and an agent of death and destruction that isn't under my (usually benevolent anyway) control was unacceptable! Granted, he probably didn't think I was much of a threat since the AI can normally do anything to hinder a wizard... usually. But as of the latest update, I now had a borg body to run around in, and the Roboticist was kind enough to give it mostly Standard parts with a Heavy head and a self-recharging artifact power cell, so I was ready for roughing things up and hunted down the Wizard. I found him wreaking havoc in Medbay, whereupon I took out my screwdriver and started burying it in his face, stacking on as much BRUTE and BLEED as I could. He led me on a small chase through the Medbay having to dodge fireballs and magic missiles before I cornered him in the storage room to stab him a few more times. He then got smart and rammed me with one of the nearby Segways, then attempted to PHEE CABUE to safety... unsuccessfully, because the bleeding knocked him out right at my feet so he couldn't go anywhere. A few more stabs and a unified assault from the crew later, the Wizard was killed.

The next few minutes went without incident, until I saw/heard the PHEE CABUE again. The Wizard popped up a second time, now dressed in blue and apparently having come fresh off of a Soul Guard. Clearly I'd pissed him off, because his warp location of choice was the wall beside Robotics Computer in an attempt to killswitch me. Sadly for him, I have many bodies; I switched back to the AI's cameras and killed power to the room, then brought my borg body in to taunt him by saying "There can be only one force of doom on this station." More than a little cross, he left, but not before some crew members came to check up on me. I wasn't able to find the Wizard immediately afterward, so I patiently waited for him to show up again while the two humans in my core repaired my upload console. They very clearly saw the threat a single consciousness controlling both an AI and a Cyborg could pose, so they modified my laws so that only the Wizard wasn't human.

After seeing them off, I started getting Wizard spell chatter over my radio again... and that was when I made a happy discovery:

The Wizard was trackable on the cameras. get in not go out

By switching between the borg body to move in and the AI to peek at the cameras, I caught up to the Wizard again in no time, who was patching up some wounds from an earlier fight in the northern pharmacy. He was not happy to see me and magic missile'd me immediately, but this ended up backfiring because in came a human with two chainsaw arms ready to tear into him. The cramped space made it easy to corner him because whenever the Wizard would try to push the human, I'd simply push back to keep him in place. He eventually phase shifted into the nearby Detective's Office where no present humans had access to, but my AI cameras and all-access borg body ensured he didn't stay hidden for long. He got a fireball off on the chainsaw-armed human, but ultimately couldn't stop our the combined force of he, myself and a third human who was investigating the commotion. With one final screwdriver to the face, the Wizard gave into his final defeat.

After dragging the chainsaw-armed human (who had unfortunately died from the fireball) to Medbay for cloning, we decided it was time to call the escape shuttle. Things had somehow gotten more chaotic with one person running around with a seemingly infinite number of laser guns, but sadly he was human and I couldn't do anything about him except run out the clock. Another upside I discovered a borg body is that I could drag my own AI core around with it, so I dodged the laser-wielding maniac and brought it to the shuttle, screwing it down safely in the pilot section and accompanied by a few safety-seeking crew members and a "weird machine". We got to enjoy some relative peace and quite when the shuttle launched while the unfortunates in the back had to deal with the laserman and a recently-revealed Changeling, but some of them had flamethrowers so things were alright. Had I been thinking at the time I'd probably have left my borg body in the back too, but oh well.

The rounded ended with me screwing my AI Core in the middle of Centcom and making an obligatory horrible "Did I just screw myself?" joke. :downsrim: Playing AI is so much more fun now.
This is a forklift.
A vehicle used to transport crates.
Conor The Forklift Driver is using it. It is carrying a crate, crate, crate, crate, crate, crate, crate, Freezer, crate, supply cart, RCD crate, medical cart, crate, crate, trash cart, trash cart, crate, crate, crate, crate, crate, crate, crate, crate, crate, crate, Beepsky's stuff, Lost and Found, ABCU-Marker crate, crate, crate, crate, crate, supply cart, crate, medical cart, crate, crate, hotdog stand, crate, crate, Spare Parts, crate, Bottles in a Crate, Robotics Supplies, crate, crate, trash cart, Freezer - Spare Parts, RCD crate, Furnace Fuel, Furnace Fuel, Furnace Fuel, Goods Crate (Pianzi Hundan) and Boxes in a Box.

After moving 100 crates at once, I decided to retire. And someone immediately drives off and gets caught in an explosion, losing it all.

Also I wish I was on in the round in that last post to doom the place up.

EDIT:
[Image: nYEDxIi.png]
Imagine this but five times higher
That was pretty fantastic Conor, wish I had grabbed a screenshot.
Conor The Forklift Driver
The crates were tall enough that at one point it was not actually possible to see the top of the stack before the forklift sprite despawned.
[Image: sXur64r.png]
Attack of the erebite wenderbigote
S.L.U.G. [145.9] states, "Sundance Feely has signed up as Boxer."
Sundance Feely [145.9] says, "Risin' up, back on the street"
Sundance Feely [145.9] says, "Did my time, took my chances

Sundance Feely punches Ometos Wolf!
... and lands a devastating hit!
Sundance Feely punches Dallas Elliott!
Sundance Feely punches Reginald B Farting!
Sundance Feely punches Reginald B Farting!
Sundance Feely punches Woodrow Thrillson!

You are hit by the laser!
Tim Costello blinds Sundance Feely with the flash!

Sundance Feely says, "Went the distance"
Sundance Feely says, "Now I'm back on my feet"
Sundance Feely drools.
You feel a sharp stabbing pain!
DEAD: Unknown (as Sundance Feely) moans, "JUST A MAN AND HIS WILL TO SURVIVE"
I managed to successfully plant 7 9x9 bombs around the station and detonate them all remotely.

It only took 40 minutes of preparation. :downs:

I can cross that off my list of things to do in SS13, except that I don't have a list.
Mageziya Wrote:I managed to successfully plant 7 9x9 bombs around the station and detonate them all remotely.

I can cross that off my list of things to do in SS13, except that I don't have a list.

Now do it with max powered canister bombs get in not go out
Spy_Guy Wrote:
Mageziya Wrote:I managed to successfully plant 7 9x9 bombs around the station and detonate them all remotely.

Now do it with max powered canister bombs get in not go out

Is there even a cap on a canister bombs explosion size?

What made this a best moment ever was not the actual explosions.

No.

It was how intensely pissed off one particular person was about the whole thing.
If it's the round I'm thinking of there was one person in particular who was babbling about how badly the bombs were placed and how he would do so much better and so on and so forth v

One of my favorite round happenings was when someone bombed (important place). Of all the people to get caught up in it was a clown, falling into crit and lacking any sort of air. I ended up dragging him to the Bridge, patching him up, and then going and digging up an O2 closet so he could get to the shuttle okay.

That and being a medborg on a packed shuttle. So many screams, so little time.
This last round, BombsAway777 popped a deluxe mindslave on me, the HoS. We went around with him pretending to be a new security guard and set about killing all of science and Quartermasters. I had several people mad at me for being terrible security after the round. It was a good time.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:This last round, BombsAway777 popped a deluxe mindslave on me, the HoS. We went around with him pretending to be a new security guard and set about killing all of science and Quartermasters. I had several people mad at me for being terrible security after the round. It was a good time.

Yay this was me.

At the beginning of the round I was the Captain and called all important people to the bridge to welcome a visitor. The visitor was actually a pipe bomb. I then dressed up as newly recruited security officer James Macey and had the HoS mentor me while we framed (and then killed) the science team and quartermasters for the bridge bomb.

Officer Macey even had his own traumatic back story that the HoS played along with!
BabaYaga Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:This last round, BombsAway777 popped a deluxe mindslave on me, the HoS. We went around with him pretending to be a new security guard and set about killing all of science and Quartermasters. I had several people mad at me for being terrible security after the round. It was a good time.

Yay this was me.

At the beginning of the round I was the Captain and called all important people to the bridge to welcome a visitor. The visitor was actually a pipe bomb. I then dressed up as newly recruited security officer James Macey and had the HoS mentor me while we framed (and then killed) the science team and quartermasters for the bridge bomb.

Officer Macey even had his own traumatic back story that the HoS played along with!
It was the best of times.