Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
I think that round qualified as my most enjoyed Syndicate-Nukie-Team round yet.
How did you guys pull that off? I've never seen the crew go so lenient on the nukies
A few days ago I had round on Donut 3 playing Hos and Studenterhue had opened up extra job slots due to increased server pop.

So we had 2 captains. One of them came into sec and gave all their belongings to me and said they had to go, so I decided to hold an auction for this captain's stuff, including an e-gun, set of armor, and authentification disk.

In the auction I get the bids of 50K credits from the clown, cheese from an admin mouse, and an MPRT-7 and nerve agent grenades through the phone from a nukie commander.

I go ahead and take the nukie commander's bid as the winning bid and meet them at the diner after arming myself with some of the armory. They're there with one other nukie and only give two sarin grenades, so I push aside the missing MPRT-7 and take the grenades in trade for the captain's stuff.

Now about 35 minutes in, the nuke finally gets planted in the Chapel with the auth disk used, a bunch of the crew get down there as well as myself and we start taking on the nukies, fighting goes on for a few minutes and the nuke gets unbolted and moved into the hallway, then out comes the nukie commader dressed as a captain to gun down the crew, and then with just about 2 or 3 seconds left, the nuke gets destroyed to everyone's amazement.

TL;DR: Auctioned off a captain's set of gear to nukies then nuke gets destroyed in the bare nick of time. Good round and I enjoyed making that deal as an Hos.
my GOD drago, that's actually fucking amazing, oh my god
"Local asshole sells Authentication Disk to the one group of people he's specifically told to never give it to, saves everyone's lives."
Marc Shoenice says, "yo check this out"
Announcement Computer [145.9] broadcasts, "Justin Falklin has signed up as Mime."
Jay Bennett asks, "i take it you have the two artys?"
Marc Shoenice says, "i learned this in cabo on spring back last year"
Marc Shoenice sticks his head into Firelock and closes it!
Jay Bennett says, "uh"
Marc Shoenice farts in Jay Bennett's face!
You have died!
Become a Ghost
You can also use the "Ghost" command to observe.

You may be revived if someone clones you.
Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the next round.

There's still plenty to do, even while dead!
Visit the Afterlife BarEnter Virtual Reality
Become a Ghost DroneBecome a Critter

This is a steel plating.
It is made of steel.
Goodwin Judge says, "Uh"
This is an office chair.
Hey, you remember spinning around on one of these things as a kid!
Hugh Mungus says, "nice"
Hugh Mungus says, "nice"
Test-debut round of Ozymandias.

First half of the round was quiet. About a hundred people were on, but the station was so big that it balanced out. I spent much of that time wandering around, asking the mapmaker where the nuke was, field stripping wizards, typical staffie things.

Radstorm struck, leaving behind artifacts. Lots of them. Big station means plenty of space to spawn em.

AI spent every moment afterwards filling research with the artifacts. More than a dozen of them made it to the artlab. As did I.

Me and the nerds went about rubbing things up against the fleshy instruments and lurid steles, trying to get them to turn on. Nothing but prisons and guff attractors.

Then I found an activator.

And I activated them all.

One of them turned out to be a bomb. One of the nerds told me it was a bomb, but I thought he was full of shit, artifacts make awful noises all the time, keep your pants on. Also there's like 20 of these things in here, what do you even want me to do?

I forgot about the bomb, then it went off and killed me. Cool, I blew up the artlab, so I thought.

Those artifacts the AI dragged to Artlab? Just a small fraction of the ones that spawned. Ozymandias is just that big.

The artbomb's blast set off another artbomb. While the first was pretty big, enough to take out Cog1's medbay, the next one had an explosive force of around 91000. For reference, a canbomb is something like 7000.

The blast wave inched out from Research, breaking windows and popping lights and people, and with about 13 times the explosiveness of a maxcap, it had a ways to go.

Then it set off another artbomb, this one with a force somewhere in the upper hundred thousands.

The shuttle had been called in the middle of the blast and arrived shortly after the second started. It managed to leave just as the second blast wave reached it. A few dozen people escaped alive, the rest escaping as ghosts.

Kind of a fitting name, Ozymandias.
[Image: cm4VRAd.png]
[Image: nDFFnZ1.png]
We just had a great nukie round. Well, great in one way. I'm the HoS, we've got a near full security team, and we get the nukie call out. We open the armory, distribute weapons to people, tell them to arm up, et cetera, and the crew responds. Like, everyone. Mechanics prints laser guns, staffies arm up, the crew is coordinated, responsive, and wait why is there no plant message?

It was fluke ops. Best crew response imaginable wasted on nukeops who broke into science on Donut3 when their plant target was the bar. Nukie crew manages to get split up, and it's like a horror movie for the nuke ops as they get mobbed and picked off one by one. I'm having a protracted gunfight with a nuke op in the corridors (and frankly losing) when two miners jump him and beat him with power hammers. I'm running around the station and I see breaches and nukie gibs everywhere. Apparently one of the nukies ended up getting used as a human shield by a crew member until they died.

Eventually someone finds the nuke and we break it. At that point, six out of eight nukeops are dead. There are 17 casualties among the crew per goonhub, and at least one of those appears to be a roundstart biblefart. (goonhub is missing the secoff who thought it would be a good idea to wear looted nukie armor and got killed by the crew, so there might have been more)

I have never been prouder of the crew. Pity it happened on a round when it wasn't needed.
Maybe not super wild, but one round I think about a lot:
I don't go to prison super often; I've been 4 times to this point, and just went for my fourth so I was thinking a little about the last time before that.

I rolled normal traitor on one of the side servers. My objectives were to: build a ton of obstructive things, and escape alive. I love construction, and escaping alive is pretty neat, so those were easy enough. I was in medical but went and grabbed the glass and the metal and began my devious work building very annoying girders and walls. I finally got caught by a sec officer on the Cog1 airbridge from med while blocking off one side of it, and he warned me not to build "another wall". I said "ok", walked over to the other side of the bridge as he dismantled the wall, and I built a window parallel to it. I explained I didn't build another wall, and anyways, yeah I got my butt kicked and was arrested. 

The officer did a full search and a PDA check, and I being not-a-frequent traitor didn't close out of my traitor items list but also didn't redeem my tokens yet. He gave me the PDA back and let me keep my headset, but put me in the brig for 4 minutes for building obstructive walls. When I said something on the radio, he went ahead and yelled that I had a traitor PDA on the radio.

I spent about 5 seconds in the brig before I went over to the window where the officer was, spawned in an emag, opened the brig door, then opened the two security doors and walked out past the two officers there.
I really liked a Gang Round I had a few days ago. Got gang Leader on Cog 2 after we had just had a Gang Round. All around good gang squad, highlight for me was convincing a vice officer to go into maintenance where we ambushed them, stunned and cuffed, took their ID, and shoved them into a locker we dropped off with some staff assistants chilling in crew quarters.

Clown (Gibby the Ganger, I think) was the MVP, somehow getting like, 16 phasers I believe which they brought to escape in an attempt to hijack the shuttle.
So today I learned that you can get a BFG 9000 out of Spacemas stockings.

I also learned that the BFG 9000 is scannable with a regular old device analyzer.
One of my first SS13 rounds where i gave a guy a burrito arm so he could have a portable snack. he ended up dying.
this is back when Franziska Jackson was known as "Kenneth Cheddar" before the renaming to Flap Jackson and the genderswap.