Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
I just won as a spy without stealing anything and personally killing only one other spy. To get the other spies, I just encouraged security to validhunt and kill spies even though they had not done anything yet, while staying out of trouble and keeping my PDA locked. This managed to work for a while until an admin showed up in OOC to tell them that validhunting is very rude, causing them to spare the spy clown, forcing me to take matters into my own hands. I waited until he tripped over his own shoes while he was alone, than killed him with dual laser guns. Spy victory with no items stolen and only one direct kill on my part.
(10-18-2017, 06:02 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
I just won as a spy without stealing anything and personally killing only one other spy. To get the other spies, I just encouraged security to validhunt and kill spies even though they had not done anything yet, while staying out of trouble and keeping my PDA locked. This managed to work for a while until an admin showed up in OOC to tell them that validhunting is very rude, causing them to spare the spy clown, forcing me to take matters into my own hands. I waited until he tripped over his own shoes while he was alone, than killed him with dual laser guns. Spy victory with no items stolen and only one direct kill on my part.

I just wanted to chime in here that I didn't say shit until the shuttle was almost at Centcom, so not sure where you got that part of your story from. Validhunting is hella rude, though.
Honest question: Why do you hang out in rounds and watch them if all they do is upset you? You rarely seem to say anything in chat that isn’t along the lines of ‘people aren’t playing the way I would like them to, and that makes me very unhappy’, which tends to set everyone on edge when that comes from an admin.
Backseat gaming is just as rude imo. Even more so when it influences players and gets in the way of a antag's plan and manipulation.
It's part of what we do - to hang out in rounds and check in occasionally to make sure that they're going alright. I know that at least for me, I've ended up observing way more than I actually play.
Conversation for a different topic, so if you'd like to continue it further elsewhere please do feel free to do so and I'll move the few posts above there, but general answer:

Oftentimes I'm doing something else and, because I'm an admin, I'm able to still be involved in the game and helping make the whole thing better for everyone just by observing and occasionally interjecting, so I do. When people adminhelp I'm able to hop right over, assuming I'm not already watching, which gives me a lot more information than having to glean what I can via IRC and/or joining the server some 30 seconds later.

Because I'm doing other things I tend to only step in when I need to, which probably comes across as "the big bad admin is always grumpy". I'm not grumpy, it's just that if an admin needs to be involved it's generally because someone's being a bit shit and, because I'm trying to do something else, my messages are likely rather terse.

Outside of that, I enjoy watching you silly twerps getting into all kinds of shenanigans, it's kind of like having the television on in the background. Trust me, I wouldn't do this if I didn't enjoy it.

Regarding the perception of  "people aren’t playing the way I would like them to", my general goal is for everyone to be enjoying themselves. While antagonists can be massive nerds and just rampage on LLJK2, it doesn't tend to make for a good round. Similarly, killing an antagonist just for being one takes one of them out of the game, so it's no longer any fun for them and there's now one less person making things more interesting for everyone else. Most of the time, this is a Bad Thing. It's not against the rules (on LLJK2) though, but just because you can doesn't mean you should. if I can steer things towards being more fun for most people, so much the better.

Of course, most of you are murderous little shits who will look for any opportunity to kill someone within the confines of the rules, either as an antagonist or someone hunting them. I don't get that mentality and I'm sorry that you were hurt so deeply during your formative years. I guess I just don't get so emotionally involved in a farting spaceman game as some people do.
(10-19-2017, 09:42 AM)Mordent Wrote: Conversation for a different topic, so if you'd like to continue it further elsewhere please do feel free to do so and I'll move the few posts above there, but general answer:

Oftentimes I'm doing something else and, because I'm an admin, I'm able to still be involved in the game and helping make the whole thing better for everyone just by observing and occasionally interjecting, so I do. When people adminhelp I'm able to hop right over, assuming I'm not already watching, which gives me a lot more information than having to glean what I can via IRC and/or joining the server some 30 seconds later.

Because I'm doing other things I tend to only step in when I need to, which probably comes across as "the big bad admin is always grumpy". I'm not grumpy, it's just that if an admin needs to be involved it's generally because someone's being a bit shit and, because I'm trying to do something else, my messages are likely rather terse.

Outside of that, I enjoy watching you silly twerps getting into all kinds of shenanigans, it's kind of like having the television on in the background. Trust me, I wouldn't do this if I didn't enjoy it.

Regarding the perception of  "people aren’t playing the way I would like them to", my general goal is for everyone to be enjoying themselves. While antagonists can be massive nerds and just rampage on LLJK2, it doesn't tend to make for a good round. Similarly, killing an antagonist just for being one takes one of them out of the game, so it's no longer any fun for them and there's now one less person making things more interesting for everyone else. Most of the time, this is a Bad Thing. It's not against the rules (on LLJK2) though, but just because you can doesn't mean you should. if I can steer things towards being more fun for most people, so much the better.

Of course, most of you are murderous little shits who will look for any opportunity to kill someone within the confines of the rules, either as an antagonist or someone hunting them. I don't get that mentality and I'm sorry that you were hurt so deeply during your formative years. I guess I just don't get so emotionally involved in a farting spaceman game as some people do.

Their point was most decidedly not that you were wrong about validkilling.
Yeah both seem to miss the point of what I and Roomba was saying. I say drop it for now. Sooner or later Mordent will go too far and someone will make a complaint and we can really talk about it then. But we were asked to not talk about it in here. I don't care enough to make a thread out of this yet but what Roomba pointed out it is something I've seen lots of times from Mordent. Even replying to you on this is risking punishment at this point. RIP me.
Since the point apparently requires clarification (even though a couple of other players seem to grasp it without issue), I suppose I should elaborate. Feel free to other thread this if you like, but until that other thread is a thing I’ll continue the conversation here.

Mordent, it’s visibly clear to all that you thoroughly detest the...easygoing, low-RP playstyle of LLJK2 and would prefer if it played more like server #1. This is fine, to each their own. However, this perspective tends to color your every interaction with the playerbase. Just scroll up a little - even your ‘no, really, I like this game, you guys’ post ends with ‘I just happen to hate every last one of you shitheads playing it’.

This in itself is fine, to each their own. However, when you carry this attitude over into the game, you’re not speaking as a regular player, you’re speaking as an admin, a dude who can drop gibsharks on people whenever they feel like it. At that point, you’ve switched from policing actual rules to policing unspoken ones, and that makes people unhappy because in addition to the fact that that’s just trouble in and of itself, everyone knows that our standard unspoken rules tend to differ from your ideal ones.

Do you really think that going ‘Ugh, I hate you all and I hate the way you play’ is going to make people go ‘hmm, that Mordent guy makes some good points, I should probably re-evaluate my playstyle’? It just creates bad feelings all round.

That’s what my honest question was trying to get at. You don’t have to like the players, you don’t have to like the server. Just refrain from going ‘as an admin, I hate all of you’, and if that’s something you can’t do because watching rounds go by physically enrages you to the point where you’re unable to refrain from commentary, then it might be time to take a little break. It’s something I’d advise any player who was visibly not enjoying this game as much as you, and something I’ve often had to carry out myself to prevent myself from doing something I’d regret in game.
the combat in this game is the best part so of course i'm gonna rampage as a traitor/seek out confirmed antags

there is no greater thrill for me in this 2d spaceman simulator

and it's good to show contempt for your audience
(10-20-2017, 11:23 AM)Roomba Wrote: stuff

Hi, as requested above please make a separate thread about this. Make an admin complaint one, even.

I'm leaving the above posts here for context, any further unrelated ones will be deleted.
agh

So, with the magnetic field random event on, I ran into a blue guy while I was red, figuring we'd both get knocked down as usual. What a jape!

Except there was a pile of about 50 explosive tomatos near me, and I got hit by all of them in rapid succession.

https://imgur.com/a/UQFy4
Last night we were visited by 'Randolph P. Checkers' aka BlackPantsLegion on Youtube. The highlight of the round was a monkey crusher (no pictures).
Randolph Checkers Wrote:"Holy shit is this a piece of equipment"
"This thing is amazing"
"I could sleep to this noise"
"its magic"

I'm not sure how the community feels about celebrity endorsement, but I think this was a good way to garner some interest in our server.

(10-19-2017, 09:42 AM)Mordent Wrote: Regarding the perception of  "people aren’t playing the way I would like them to", my general goal is for everyone to be enjoying themselves. While antagonists can be massive nerds and just rampage on LLJK2, it doesn't tend to make for a good round. Similarly, killing an antagonist just for being one takes one of them out of the game, so it's no longer any fun for them and there's now one less person making things more interesting for everyone else. Most of the time, this is a Bad Thing. It's not against the rules (on LLJK2) though, but just because you can doesn't mean you should. if I can steer things towards being more fun for most people, so much the better.
For what it is worth (and since we're not gonna get that separate thread), I agree with this sentiment 100%.
[Image: YmRapHG.png]

When space science goes too far.
Ah yes, that round I had the pleasure of being the AI during. Darkchis was messing around with admin powers, repeatedly shrinking a grody clown, stepping on him, and respawning him. This resulted in grody clown being alive while also having two spare brains. He decided to !!SCIENCE!! this by putting one of the brains into a borg, but the brain was not suitable for borging. Darkchis then possessed the brain and started flying around like a sentient loaf, smashing anything it ran into, eventually going into engineering and destroying the engine, the PTL, several plasma tanks, and killing Grody again. Reset tried to contain it by catching the brain and feeding it to grody's body, but it only resulted in grody's body being possessed and slamming into Reset Neywalk repeatedly, causing the post you see above, where they took so much brute damage that they couldn't be revived with admin magic because they would instantly die again. Shortly afterward a massive fireball exploded from engineering, setting basically the entire southern half of the station on fire and detonating several fuel tanks. And then darkchis accidentally caused a second fireball somehow. At this point I called the shuttle, and a few minutes before it arrived suddenly zombies happened. After that, not much.