Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
Rolled Syndie Operative. 4 man team, I didn't check but the player count for previous round was 17 and this one was probably more like 25. GOOD ODDS.

Things immediately look pretty good. We do a quick "OK, how do you guys feel about this" and our Czar immediately hands leadership off. Also, our target is the engine control room. You guys might be aware- I spend a LOT of fucking time in that engine. smile

The guy who stepped in as leader proposes a plan involving breaking into EVA to get the RCD etc. etc. etc.... I shoot it down as politely as I can. For one thing, the CE has an RCD. I propose- one operative takes an RPG, fires it at Gas Storage to just cause a disturbing, confusing fire. While people are processing that, we Emag in through the Nano-Forge room between Engineering and QM, set up the nuke, and hold the fort. Simple plan, and I felt (still feel) that that is a VERY defensible room.

The guy who stepped up as leader is SUPER COOL about it and gets right on board, starts assigning roles. I am Emag man, and also buy a second revolver. Another guy goes saber/wrestling belt. I believe we had a shotgun/grenades guy... and I forget the last one, sorry man. I grab some grenades, a !breaching charge!, and after watching people walk past it a million times say fuck it and take the armored spacesuit, load the nuke into the big pod. It's about 8 minutes in, now. Station radio chatter is people bitching about the Captain, rogue AI, asking for reset... we get to 9, 10 minutes now and it's still going on on the radio. I ask the other ops to hurry up, the station is ripe for the taking. They get it done pretty quick (not before AI reset but oh well) and we wormhole to cargo.

Everything goes smoothly except I can't see the RPG guy. OK, that's why I brought the breaching charge, no biggy. I slap it on the wall.......... of the PTL room. Fuck. They look the same from space, guys! No biggy, though. We enter through nano-forge, I gun down an engineer who didn't react fast enouh, emag into the control room, gun down another engineer who wasn't ready for this shit. Set up the nuke. The other ops flood into the room PERFECTLY as backup. I put the nuke in the upper left corner of the room, the most upper-left-tile it can go on without disassembling tables. I wish I'd thought to table it in, in hindsight, but oh well!

Warning goes up, AI starts calling the troops to rally, people start showing up, I get hte first couple with dual revolvers. I start going through the process of reloading em both, and C-saber Wrestling Op moves into the engine access dual-airlock-hallway to hold the fort. Shotgun Syndie is ready to gundown anyone that rushed past Saber Wrestler. It is looking REALLY GOOD. We are inflicting WAY superior casualties, but Saber Wrestler is the first to go *POP*, also taking another crewman with him. Meanwhile, I took a couple seconds to grab a plasma can and open it in the engineering access hall. Now the easiest approach is a fiery inferno. YAY!

People keep coming, though, because hey why NOT suicide rush if you're all gonna die anyhow. Shotgun Syndie is the next to pop, valiantly emptying his shells into a crewmen, a borg, and the Captain. After he pops, I empty two revolvers into the borg and the captain and get them down, and have some time to catch my breath. I am also out of grenades at this point- I'm sure I used em, but shit was pretty high adrenaline, fucked if I know when. Probably after Saber Wrestler popped, into that hallway.

Now, at this point, you might have noticed I've only been talking about three Ops. I am working on assumptions, here, but we made room in our plan for one guy to go stir shit up elsewhere as a distraction and potential flanker. I assume, because of the staggered rate crew came to attack the nuke, that he did a good job of it! I also ASSUME he died because this is right around the time that Licorice rolls up to the right-side-door (through supply) of the control room... dressed in a red space suit.

If this were happening a month ago, I would've let em walk right up to me and stun me. But, it was now. I didn't go for the examine, I got a right click on their tile and immediately law Licorice and knew shit was real. Licorice, on their part, retreated quickly back towards QM or around the corner in the hallway... I didn't pursue. I moved back to the control room and got a position where I'd be able to empty my final two revolver clips into them as soon as they poked their head out. And it pretty much worked, I got a bunch of shots into em! But, being the wily and experienced player they were, it wasn't gonna be enough. I'm sure it was a fairly fatal wounding, but not INSTANTLY fatal. Licorice grabbed a baton off the floor, tagged me with it, and started stripping me.

At this point, the nuke timer MUST have been around 1 minute to go.

I'm spamming succumb like crazy, as I have bleed, I am lightly on fire, and am gonna go into crit any second with Licorice right next to me. I tag her with the microbomb, but it's still not enough. Licorice, I swear to god it must've been seconds to go, begins wailing on the nuke with a crowbar as I chant in deadchat that we're gonna win, we're gonna win... the AI shows up in it's frame with another crowbar and lays in... and IT IS JUST ENOUGH! THE NUKE FIZZLES! LICORICE LIES ON THE GROUND SMOLDERING NEXT TO AN AI FRAME! ENGINEERING IS ENGULFED IN PLASMA! HAUNTING HUMS ECHO THROUGH THE HALLS... but the station... is saved.

I am super stoked about it, and it seems like everyone, Syndie and crew alike, felt it was a damn good Syndie round.

Final props roll-call- Licorice and AI, you guys REALLY saved the day there. Holy shit, clutch.

PH7SSER- I think you were the Op that took over leadership, and mad respect for listening to my plan instead of forcing through on yours. It's hard to make a plan, it's hard to decide to ditch a plan and do something else, and I have mad respect. I think we both know that kinda maturity can be rare on the internet.

Everyone else- mad props for just enjoying that. It was one of the best, most pulse-pounding-fun rounds I've ever had. THANKS!

And THANK YOU for reading. smile
i was the saberwrestler and got fucking boned by a borg who broke laws and slowdown by electricity

rip me, right?
Photo 
Just a quiet regular shift.

[Image: OdgtdXt.png]

Nothing wrong at all.

[Image: vBEfRNB.png]

No siree.

[Image: IvLdo3E.png]

Nothing to see here at all.

[Image: FeYBjkI.png]
(09-29-2017, 10:55 PM)Zafhset Wrote: Just a quiet regular shift.

[Image: OdgtdXt.png]

Nothing wrong at all.

[Image: vBEfRNB.png]

No siree.

[Image: IvLdo3E.png]

Nothing to see here at all.

[Image: FeYBjkI.png]
Where the hell is that glass coming from
I was the janitor that round.
Got more involved with traitors than expected.
One stole my buffer and rigged it to set things on fire. I managed to eventually capture him, at which point he killed himself.
Another one disguised himself as an officer. We managed to capture him (on multiple occasions actually) but at one point the admin fuckery obscured everyone's vision and the traitor took advantage of it and got away.
Second time one of the AIs (I think there were five by this point) managed to trap him in the mini-brig. When I went to get hand-cuffs I started moving in random directions. It managed to distract me long enough for the traitor to say his mindslave wore off and convince one of the other AIs to let him out, JUST IN TIME FOR ME TO SEE IT HAPPEN!
The round was pretty amazing though.
Geneticist. Have absolutely nothing worthwhile in my potential, get bored. Go outside medbay to ask if anyone wants to be a test subject, when I see a gasmask-wearing botanist pipebomb cloning.

youdonefuckedupnow.jpg

With my workplace breached, I have only one thing on my mind: revenge. I go to tool storage to get a toolbelt and hacking supplies, a fire extinguisher, and a flash. On the way there, I see the traitor botanist among a few other folks. I immediately point-spam the botanist and shout "HIM!" causing him to pull out a .22 and try (and fail) to shoot me.

After I get my equipment, I hack into botany with the intention of avenging cloning. Once inside, I see the place is swarming with maneaters, and that the other botanist is also a traitor, wearing syndicate command armor and sunglasses. Not prepared to deal with someone wearing sunglasses, I make like Britan and exit while warning the crew that botany is growing maneaters.

I begin patrolling the station, hoping to catch one of them off guard. I see the botanist who originally bombed cloning shooting the detective with his own revolver. I immediately intervene and flash him. Turns out that he wasn't wearing sunglasses under that gasmask.  I then beat him to death with my fire extinguisher. He almost microbombs me, but I manage to get a few tiles away from the blast before it registers, preventing any major damage. Cloning has been avenged.

At this point, most of the northmost parts of the station are swarming with maneaters, and the other traitor is hiding among them. I was still injured by the microbomb blast, and for reasons not even I quite know, decided to try and get to the medical booth by the bar instead of going to medbay. I duck in and out of maintenance to avoid maneaters, and manage to make it to the booth. As I am healing myself, maneaters that had previously aggro'd on me begin to gather outside the door while the other traitor also appears outside the door, holding a gun. I promptly make like diarrhea and run for the morgue chute.

At this point, I decided that I would need better equipment to continue my vigilantism, and begin hacking my way into locations to acquire better hardware. By the end of it I was no longer recognizable as a geneticist, having a SWAT helmet, armored firesuit, magnetic boots, stun gloves, and a stun baton from some poor sod who got eaten trying to fight maneaters. I was ready to hunt.

I returned to botany, most of the maneaters having spread away from the area. Inside, I find the baseball bat, probably belonging to a different poor sod who tried to fight the maneaters. Shortly after leaving botany, I see to other traitor. I am not running this time. We confront eachother outside the detectives office. He narrowly misses me with a stun baton pie at close range (Seriously, why do these guys have terrible aim?), allowing me to stun him and beat him to death with the baseball bat. He almost fools me with a fake deathgasp, but I stay and make sure he dies. Both traitors are down. Justice has been served.

At that point most of the round's action shifted away from me, but there was still hilarity to go around. Borgs helped clean up the maneaters, admins that may or may not have been drunkmins changed all the scream/fart sounds to horrible, horrible noises, and when the shuttle reached centcom every tile of the shuttle was suddenly flooded with gibsharks. The end.
I swiped some poor dork's Lich Armor and put it on despite multiple warnings that it'd kill me.

Fool. Nothing can kill the Lich Queen.

I spent the rest of the round yelling at chairs in BROKEN YE OLDE ALLCAPS ENGRISH and super-low-pitched scream-chants trying to SUS out where their corpse was. Narrowed it down to being somewhere in some location, killed by someone who may or may not exist.

Then someone threw me off the shuttle for being obnoxious. Turns out the ghosts were foretelling me of my own death. Long live the Lich Queen.
A round from last night, I was a traitor chef.  I decided to make burgers and neurotoxin them to take advantage of the low population.  Sadly, no one was hungry.  However, the engine wasn't started and power went out after a while as expected.  

This gave me the idea to pop on a gas mask, the clothing of some irrelevant death or braindead people I found and killed, and get myself an agent card and the butcher's knife and do my best immitation of that guy from Diablo nobody liked to hear announce his catchphrase.  

I think I managed to get about seven people before the shuttle arrived?  But of particular note was when the radiation hit the station and an officer went into the same place I did after about 15 seconds of being hit by radiation.  Poor bastard didn't stand a chance.  Still flashbanged me though.

Once I got on the shuttle, there were three cyborgs and I think the Chaplain?  My only real goal was to escape alive, and I didn't feel like doing anything anymore, so I made a deal that I wouldn't kill the only other human on the shuttle if nobody tried any funny business.

The rest of the round was pretty uneventful.
An admin ran a round that was pretty sweet earlier, Syndicate breaching pods full of robots invaded along with other Syndicate drone pods blowing big holes in the station. I was the AI after the starting AI self-destructed. I was given the “anyone harming the station isn’t human” law. Then Dr. Floorpills gave me a “the station must pass inspection” law. How will it ever pass inspection with all this damage?

15 minutes into the round an admin made me a sleeper agent. I went HAL 9000 (interpreting the inspection law + damage law as “all humans are damaging the station, the station will not pass inspection, all humans are not human, they must die”) and set to blowing out all the lights, ignoring AI DOOR calls and being really subtle about it. It took until the shuttle was called before someone told me to state laws...
I just won a rev round as the captain with no other heads of staff, all rev heads dead, and no living revolutionaries. You just have to loyalty implant everyone you see, and only trust people who are implanted. If it says someone resists the implant, murder them on the spot.
Lord Birb is the hero the station needs. All praise the one who has done the impossible.
(10-08-2017, 06:39 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: I just won a rev round as the captain with no other heads of staff, all rev heads dead, and no living revolutionaries. You just have to loyalty implant everyone you see, and only trust people who are implanted. If it says someone resists the implant, murder them on the spot.

And the new meta emerges. Oh well.
One time I was a lone Nukeop. Go blow up Robotics. Yeah, sure. So I load up. Donks, MSG cigs, a second revolver, an emag, and the MPRT. Can't forget the command armor, flashbangs, and sarin! Grabed nuke and headed over to escape.

I waved to the HoP in the janitors closet, he waved back. Fumbled around outside of the airlock for an embarrassing amount of time trying to get me, the pod, and the bomb somewhere I could get inside. Emag into maint, then into robotics, but some chucklefuck already drained all the power! No crowbar, but I do have a rocket launcher!

Bang, Robotics is open and spaced, and I arm the bomb in a pile of crates. Used my other rocket on the front door and toss a sarin down the hall. Area: denied.

Bang bang, shot some folks, didn't bother finishing them off cus I ain't letting that bomb out of my sight. Then a monkey comes in and steals my gun. Fuck! I whip a flashbang at him so at least he can't use it on me. There's so much debris that I can't find it. Good thing I had another-- and it's gone. Damn monkey.

By now, someone RCDed to the bomb and some dorks were toolboxing​ it. Flashbang away! And maybe a sarin for good measure. Eat piss, dorks.

Fights running long, pop another Donk. Lotta people near the bomb, looking bad! Then some ween jumps out of the doorway and blows himself up with a TTV. Takes out everyone hitting the bomb, but leaves me in shallow crit. Thanks armor! And then I'm at fill health again. Thanks Donks!

Still got time left and jerks to jerky, but all my guns are gone and my grenades exploded. Can't go wrong with an extinguisher! And I didn't, I hit dying idiots until the bomb exploded.

Wasn't even lowpop either. Maybe. Might've been, there were a lot of people. They were surprised there was only one Nukeop. The end.
solo stealth nukeop is best nukeop. although solo fight isn't bad either. bombing nuke ops is always a stupid idea, loser ween
So this happened last round:

I spawned as a borg, and went medborg. A ways into the round, some guy started randomly giving the AI a bunch of gimmick laws. He didn't give us much time to act out any of them, constantly changing them. But ultimately, we got stuck on a law to ridicule and insult the clown as much as possible. I didn't have the heart for it, so I limited my insults, while literally every other borg and AI went full ham and ridiculed him really, really hard. The clown 'sad boy' proceeded to disappear... until later in the round.

Turns out, the clown managed to roll a random event antag, and proceeded to return to the station as wizard's apprentice 'sad boy but magic' to wreak bloody revenge on those who wronged him, blowing up borgs and anyone trying to stop him left and right. He eventually died on the shuttle, but not without taking down a few borgs in the process, including me. RIP.