Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
I was playing as a changeling on LLJK1. Things were going pretty well until late in the round when I smashed a light unfortunately positioned over a fuel tank. I blew off both my arms and dropped my fire extinguisher and burned to death before they regrew. Rip me, or so I thought.

While I was being salty in dead chat about dying so poorly, someone was working. Eristheslackwyrm that scheming devil. He was a modest handspider. He found my body and dragged my HEADspider all over until it jumped on someone. Muahaha, Daddy's home.

Imagine my surprise when I suddenly pop back to life. Eristheslackwyrm showed me how valuable a handspider can really be.  Damn you did good

Edit: holy cow he was my owl buddy that day too. What a guy
I was playing Mordent's prison break event on LLJK1, as the convict's man on the inside. As a roboticist, I had everything I needed to stage a breakout. A full toolbelt, maintenance access and proximity to sec from the medbay.

My first plan (Thermite through the walls directly into the cell) failed miserably, as the reinforced walls surrounding the cell block managed to hold. Time was ticking, and the MD was getting suspicious of my presence in the pharmacy. However, luck was on my side, as my employers revealed they had managed to secure another inside man. Tony Holmes, the detective!

We quickly came up with another breakout plan. I would welderbomb the sec lobby from maintenance; creating a distraction that would allow us to swoop in through from the sec podbay, release the prisoners and make a quick getaway to Hemera in a secpod. Unfortunately, it didn't quite go as planned.

When I arrived in sec on the tail of the detective, it was in complete chaos. A pretty large portion of the sec officers were on fire, either from my welderbomb or the fire the prisoners had started inside their cell using cash. The detective was shooting up the place with stun rounds, and I charged in with a medkit claiming to be there to treat the prisoners. As soon as someone opened the cell door, the prisoners bolted- in entirely the wrong direction.

The prisoners bolted in the direction of the sec main entrance, not towards the podbay as was planned. I had managed to grab a stun baton, and managed to knock down a secoff chasing them down. I then ran off in the direction they had fled in.

I found the prisoners hiding in a bush on the other side of the ship, where I greeted them and opened a nearby maint airlock for them to duck into. They responded by grabbing me by the throat and choking me into crit, not knowing I was their inside man. An appeal to the admins got them to release me for a second- but then a welderbomb set by the other prisoner went off and killed me.

The prisoners later managed to escape in the cargo pod, and most of the crew were then killed by a NT deathsquad. A good round, all in all, with a pretty funny ending. Probably should've set the bomb right next to the cell, really.
For what it's worth, most of the credit for this round needs to go to Dions. I had to duck out pre-deathsquad.

But yes, a lot more fun with LLJK1 over the weekend, hope you all enjoyed and look forward to many more.
I actually have two moments that qualify as Best moments ever from yesterday´s rounds:

Number one: I late joined as mayor and expected nothing but a quick death as most of the times I play gimmick jobs. Grabbed a toolbelt with tools and a welding mask and built myself a little Mayor´s Lounge around the chess board at the bar. Then I got yelled at by an inspector or something, for building without a construction license, but I was the mayor, so who cares? Later on an union rep joined me in my lounge and we spent the entire shift discussing Nanotrasen politics, monkey and bee rights and if Nanotrasen should replace their crazy employees with borgs and bees...

All that while the station around us went to shit, but we just sat there and talked - absolutely unharmed - and stayed alive till round end, even when we not could catch the shuttle in time. This was on LLJK2, mind you. Never had such fun without fighting for my life.  hell yeah man

Number two started as my usual Detective round as Mister Harkness. Got killed in a boxing match in the first minutes of the shift by a traitor and spent some time observing him as he effectively stole my identity and went around as me. Nobody seemed to care that he wore normal detective clothing instead of my inspector ones, and nobody seemed to care that he had a fake moustache and much longer hair and beard than me, but whatever... 

After a while I got blob and started out in the bridge area - firstly unnoticed by the crew due traitor shenanigans and power outages - and managed to grow and spread enough to get a second nucleus in the maintenance tunnels just in time for a mini putt destroying my first one through the bridge window. Then people started to fight me, atleast one guy with a flamethrower came in. I could withstand him until he ran out of fuel and then I think I killed him. I could not absorb him because the flamethrower seemed to be that hot, everytime I tried to engulf the corpse my blob tile died. 

The best part anyways was as two crewmembers came in with plasma tanks and tried to plasma-burn me away, but at this time I had 3 nuclei on different spots and a perimeter of fire-resistant tiles that blocked the fire out long enough to empty the plasma tanks. I could effectively wait out until the fire was gone and then no more attacks came. 

It was the first blob round I grew that big and survived until round end, even if I consumed just one braindead person on my way and had only 360 or so tiles instead of 500. But hey, I survived putt, flamer and plasma fire.  smile
Just had an interesting round earlier today as a chef.

A noticeable number of people were comitting suicide outside my kitchen, so I decided to capitalize on it by making brain burgers (I had on at least two occasions pointed out that the people comitted suicide and thus lost their right to be not food).  It must have really gotten to me though, cause I eventually got a nasty case of SPACE MADNESS.  

As usual, I decided to be as in character with this as I could be without actually breaking rules.  The detective had suicided earlier, and not only did I yoink his gun, but he had a large amount of ammo as well, so I decided I'd shoot stun bullets at the dragons annoying me and "accidentally" down several civilians.  I successfully got the crew to notice my insanity in the process.

Now here's where it got rather odd.  I got inflicted with crazy person roughly 30 minutes in, and I went on a non-lethal rampage for another twenty minutes.  I found what I assumed to be a hallucination and grabbed onto it, where I proceeded to drag it to the crusher, claiming "I'm going to save us all from the dragon menace!".

Then I got a message saying the crew successfully stopped a nuke.

Apparently, that wasn't Space Madness Fuckery.
Technature, you are the modern day Don Quijote. But instead of fighting against wind mills you think of as giants, you fighting against nuclear bombs you believe they are dragons.  smile smilie with a protruding tongue
I messed around in genetics after breaking in and used it entirely for pranks.

[Image: 0Z0Oher.png]

Also Gregory Weeter was a fuckin' cat.
(09-04-2017, 07:32 PM)Prichard Wrote: I was playing as a changeling on LLJK1. Things were going pretty well until late in the round when I smashed a light unfortunately positioned over a fuel tank. I blew off both my arms and dropped my fire extinguisher and burned to death before they regrew. Rip me, or so I thought.

While I was being salty in dead chat about dying so poorly, someone was working. Eristheslackwyrm that scheming devil. He was a modest handspider. He found my body and dragged my HEADspider all over until it jumped on someone. Muahaha, Daddy's home.

Imagine my surprise when I suddenly pop back to life. Eristheslackwyrm showed me how valuable a handspider can really be.  Damn you did good

Edit: holy cow he was my owl buddy that day too. What a guy

That Owl round was amazing aswell. 2 Owls fighting over a human lady of who gets to "Ruffle feathers in the nest". Said human and the other owl exploding into new baby owls that call me daddy. Both my children exploding. My owl character becoming a wrestler who takes down the crew, but gets killed. THen I respawn as a new baby owl without its daddy and we seek vengense but in the end I learn about forgiveness.
Shotgunbill just had a three-minute long round where the shuttle arrived immediately and cartoon bombs were constantly spawning under our feet. Very entertaining.
(09-10-2017, 06:36 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Shotgunbill just had a three-minute long round where the shuttle arrived immediately and cartoon bombs were constantly spawning under our feet. Very entertaining.

BOMBERMAN!
Shotgunbill hosted two more awesome rounds in quick succession yesterday. First he had a half-life themed round where Centcom messed with our teleporter and triggered a resonance cascade, followed by them sending in a deathsquad to clean up (I was one of the deathsquad operatives, but I wasn't paying attention when we received orders and actually tried to save people). Next was an extended round where 3 minutes in Centcom sold the station to the space WWE and everyone was made a wrestler, followed by a Macho Man Holding a wrestling league where my gimmick was hiding in a closet.
I've got two recent ones. Recently was playing as HoS when someone named Dr Evil decided to be the most stereotypical evil mastermind ever. He kidnapped a crewmember and began making ridiculous demands over the radio. I eventually decided to run over to the mining station to ambush him and catch him fairly quickly. However I'm not one to deny an evil mastermind the chance to give a long dramatic monologue explaining their evil plans before having a good old fashioned shootout to see who wins. So I uncuff him and hand him his gun back and we walk over to the main room to give him a dramatic setting. He then reveals his evil plan to use random money to buy a nuke and make the station even more irradiated than it usually is. After a few more gasps and dramatic pauses he shoots at me and misses a few times before hopping in a pod and making a dramatic getaway. I rescued the hostage and we head back to the station to thwart his plans. The next 5 minutes were a typical amount of yackety saxxing around before I catch him. Now of course a dramatic supervillain needs a dramatic trial, and boy did he get one. As we are discussing what will happen he pulls out a hidden gun and shot me a few times point blank, and then some other random person ran in and exploded the entire trial. And so Dr Evil and I died together, both riddled with bullets and laser holes while on fire and suffocating in space. The end.

Also yesterday Dions decided to go into "Deep cover" as a security officer, but managed to go so deep undercover that I didnt believe he was still him and so I unceremoniously threw him out of security. Oops.
Had a pretty proud moment on LLJK1 last night:

Round starts, things are going alright. Roboticist is offering free synth-upgrades, Captain agrees. Shortly thereafter, a chair starts spinning in my lab (Mechanics). Head to the Ouija board, it says "Medbay". Hmmm... pretty suspect. Roboticist claims everything is alright. AI informs me the Captain is dead. Captain gets cloned. Roboticist steals all his shit. Captain and I meet up in the Captain's office to get his access back, gear up and get ready to take on the Roboticist. During this time the AI is hacked and gets a classic one-human law. AI starts to hunt us down.

Fortunately I had a ton of tools and even a hand-tele. AI kills the other 2 crew members (Janitor and something else) which triggers the shuttle. The old Captain and I manage to teleport to the mining station and grab power picks, then teleport to the shuttle hallway. The Roboticist and a borg are on the shuttle already. We quickly dispatch of the borg. The Roboticist has locked himself in the security room of the shuttle. The old Captain and I heal up, then I break into the security room and we take down the Roboticist with ~10 seconds to go before the shuttle lands at Centcomm.

It was a really proud moment, especially because the Roboticist just bee-lined for one-human and the AI begrudgingly had to cooperate.
Stunbatonned a clown, farted on him, then dropped the bible in my other hand and biblegibbed. The clown farted on the bible too and then cursed a blue streak in deadchat; he would randomly fart all the time when playing a clown and just did it out of habit.

Led to death by his own instincts Laugh
(09-16-2017, 07:11 PM)Berrik Wrote: Stunbatonned a clown, farted on him, then dropped the bible in my other hand and biblegibbed. The clown farted on the bible too and then cursed a blue streak in deadchat; he would randomly fart all the time when playing a clown and just did it out of habit.

Led to death by his own instincts Laugh
fun fact: a clown's sprite when lying down and orientated a certain way can cover the bible sprite pretty much perfectly (dont ask me how i know this lol)