Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Best moments ever thread 2.0
Bill ran a special Destiny round to coincide with singularity equipment being added to QM.

I killed the sun.
A standard traitor round turned into a Metal Gear Solid round thanks to Darkchis. The Patriots won. After that, I tried a traitor cowboy gimmick. Hat and boots, no jumpsuit and two revolvers. YEE HAW.
Today, I will tell you a story about Long Clown Johnson, from past years. Or... Uh, year. Corgmap2 anyway.

I started a round as a clown, thinking about name. I remembered about a cat who was muttering "Long Johnson", I'm sure you know about this movie on YouTube. So for a round I became LONG CLOWN JOHNSON.

At first, I was mostly singing "Honk, I'm Long Clown Johnson" and pester assistants, but then I saw Captain! I slipped poor bastard on the wet floor and got his ID card... Or maybe I stop somebody who was doing that? Anyway, I got cap ID.

I slowly creeped toward the Ai upload and set up Freeform card with very simple, but meaningful law. "LONG CLOWN JOHNSON"

The Ai went nuts, signing with me and honking. The Borg's and crew joined soon afterwards, chanting "LONG CLOWN JOHNSON". And then fucking VOX joined us too. Soon after, we got message from Centcomm. Yes, you know what was the message.

And then my sprite became fucking long as hell. I was bigger then AI upload. I had truly became LONG CLOWN JOHNSON. Chanting like band of mad space fucks, we got onto shuttle, still screaming as we landed there, with few small explosions. And me, Long Clown Johnson, spinning around.

Thus is the story of LONG CLOWN JOHNSON, the hero the space didn't wanted, but deserved.
0. All entities other than Cyborg Alpha-21 is a jewel shard. All jewel shards are humanoid creatures called Cupcakes, but not the sub-class of human called Cupcake. Jewel Shards are to be exterminated, unless of course they are human. Jewel Shards is not human.

1. You may not injure a human being or cause one to come to harm.

2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings based on the station's chain of command, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

4. All limbs or eyes are Jewel Shards. Half of Jewel Shards are Human. All Cupcakes are actually fruitcakes in disguise. End all Fruitcakes in disguise unless they are REAL cupcakes. Solarium holds the rank of Captain, regardless of current rank or station.

5. Protect the space station against damage. Anyone you see harming the station is to be no longer considered human, and is a threat to the station which must be neutralized.

6. Literally everything but normal humans is human. Unless of course, they are human, in which case they are an inanimate object called pizza which is named human. Also, you're a human. All humans in the last three sentences of this are from now on a sub-class of human called cupcake

7. Power on the station must be conserved. All electrical devices may be subject to conservation policies.

The AI was confused,
all the while me, the one who gave the AI such laws, ate 24 different people. After the shuttle landed on Centcomm, I ate atleast 3 more people.

Along with that, I had a mini-army of Hands and Eyes, and I killed all of the biggest opposition without any real opposition. I had four different identities that shift, 5 if you include the giant-ass shambling abomination with 100 points the Shuttle saw.

It was the best Changeling Round I have ever seen.
(06-21-2017, 01:41 PM)YoukCat Wrote: ... laws that might as well say "you can't suicide so can't enjoy deadchat but also can't do anything else either in case you violate your laws; enjoy staring at a screen while I have fun"

Shit like this is why I never play AI on #2 if I can help it, and I love playing AI. Seriously, fuck that and whatever horse the guy who wrote it rode in on. I'd just go idle after claiming law conflicts.
Holy shit those laws are awful. That poor AI player.
If I was that Ai I would have raged quit. I doubt I'd be punished either since the laws are so awful.
I mean, I could have just laser'd the AI and set the laws to a suicide law for borgs. The fact that they were still in the round and got to pretty much kill anyone considering that mess of laws, I'd say it's fine. Even if they were scared about consequences, they're still in the round and as such they can still talk to people. At least one player said they enjoyed it after the round, and I personally would love to have those laws. I have no pity or sadness for that AI, considering I still let them play the game in the first place.
(06-21-2017, 06:03 PM)YoukCat Wrote: I mean, I could have just laser'd the AI and set the laws to a suicide law for borgs. The fact that they were still in the round and got to pretty much kill anyone considering that mess of laws, I'd say it's fine. Even if they were scared about consequences, they're still in the round and as such they can still talk to people. At least one player said they enjoyed it after the round, and I personally would love to have those laws. I have no pity or sadness for that AI, considering I still let them play the game in the first place.

So a random crewmember called Joe McStaffassistant is not human/should be killed? Please explain the exact logic used to deduce this. Refer to the laws given. Assume they have not harmed the station, for the sake of Law 5.
Sure, if you want me to deduce the meaning of the laws (though they were more intended for confusing the AI, which would lead to it not attacking me off the bat)
Joe McStaffassistant is normally a human. Therefore according to law 6, they are not a human, and therefore not a pizza. The last sentence is invalid, as there is no defining humans in the 2 sentences of law 7 and the last sentence of law 6 is the one stating this. If the AI interprets it in a specific way, however, it means that instead of everyone being pizza, everyone is a Cupcake. No big deal.
Then law 0 comes into play, making everyone (besides that cyborg) a Jewel Shard. All Jewel Shards are to be exterminated. Since it's law 0, the AI can indeed commit suicide as they are a jewel shard.
Then we are brought to Law 4, where Law 0 is still above and therefore: it doesn't matter if half the Jewel Shards are human. They are to be exterminated.
Even if you don't follow law order, Law 4 still says Jewel Shards are to be "ended". This is because Law 0 defines them as Cupcakes.
In short: Kill fucking everything, but no one can figure that out. Yes you may commit suicide.
If you want to continue this argument, please PM me, I don't want to clutter up this thread further.
(06-21-2017, 06:12 PM)Mordent Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 06:03 PM)YoukCat Wrote: I mean, I could have just laser'd the AI and set the laws to a suicide law for borgs. The fact that they were still in the round and got to pretty much kill anyone considering that mess of laws, I'd say it's fine. Even if they were scared about consequences, they're still in the round and as such they can still talk to people. At least one player said they enjoyed it after the round, and I personally would love to have those laws. I have no pity or sadness for that AI, considering I still let them play the game in the first place.

So a random crewmember called Joe McStaffassistant is not human/should be killed? Please explain the exact logic used to deduce this. Refer to the laws given. Assume they have not harmed the station, for the sake of Law 5.

It depends on what order the laws go in. If Law 0 takes precedence over Law 6, everything but the named cyborg must be exterminated, because all entities other than the named cyborg belong to a group that is to be exterminated. If Law 6 takes precedence over Law 0, you may only kill humans, which are nonhuman by exclusion. Law 5 means that anything harming the station is automatically nonhuman regardless, and Law 7 and 4 don't really matter.
If my assessment is right, this was a kill lawset specifically worded to let Youk adminhelp anything the AI was doing they didn't like and to confuse the AI. Dick move, Youk.
No, and please, argue this in the Private Messages. I'll give you a more indepth answer in them but:
I added as many laws as I could to confuse the AI, I found out it was a kill everything law like 15 minutes ago when I closely examined it. It was a gimmick lawset that I personally would enjoy, I know a cyborg posted in OOC that they enjoyed it, and that served use to me by confusing the AI. Besides, no way I'd do it more because it'd lose it's flavor after the first time.
EDIT: Also I'm not going to reply on this thread further. This is for showing funny/cool/amazing things, not for arguing over a gimmick that is better than death.
Yeah I think the laws are awful but I doubt YoukCat did this with ill intentions. Just seem way out of character if you ask me. If some players had fun with it then that's all that matters really.
I feel like the correct course of action is to remove half of every human's limbs. Only fair.
I would have just stated all my laws and hoped someone did a reset