Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Soulsteel rules/pop-up
It might be handy to have a pop-up similar to antagonist pop-ups or mindslave pop-ups for soulsteel items.  Basically a set standard of rules for soulsteel items, whether it be "You are allowed to kill those who killed you" or more of a ghost drone mentality of not really harming anything at all.

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.
Good idea, I support 100%. People don't seem to realise they don't get to be an antag as a soulsteel item.
Yes,
The first time i played soul steel i had no idea of the regulations
I've never seen this cause problems. Sure soulsteel items can be annoying, but they also die in just a few toolbox hits. I don't think we need to make rules if they aren't needed.
See "Soul steel spears with Plasma glass as the tip" For why people need to know about the rules with soul steel, or fight four of these suddenly really robust weapons to figure it out first hand.
I think that's more an issue of the guy making the spears than the ghosts piloting the spears.
One issue with soulsteel items isn't so much the damage that they do but the fact that they can drain your stamina and knock you down. I've seen several people get crushered by salty soulsteel items.
Are there any rules? I've only been one a couple of times. I've fallen into the habit of eating rotten bodies and body parts while lamenting my inability to flip.
I *think* there was some grumpiness about a soulsteel item (spear, I think it was) a while back that was killing random people, but I don't remember if it resulted in a ban, a talking-to, or what. Other than that, I don't know of anything that would lead to someone getting in trouble.
I have a good and extreme scenario for you. Soulsteel closets can grab critters. The X Drone counts as a critter. There has been more than one round that ended with a soulsteel closet popping open and dumping a murder drone into the shuttle.

There need to be rules. Becoming a soulsteel object should not be any different than being a cyborg or ghost drone.
(01-21-2017, 11:11 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Are there any rules? I've only been one a couple of times. I've fallen into the habit of eating rotten bodies and body parts while lamenting my inability to flip.

I got warned once for attacking people as soul steel, as i did not know the rules about it
Well, where do we want the laws to be? We might as well talk that out before we have the admins take a guess which results in 80% of the goonians screaming and angrily flapping their arms.
I'd say being in a soul steel item should be the same as just being alive again, so standard griefing rules if you were a non-antag?

Though, if there were some kind of way to bind soul steel items to the person that created them so you had to follow their orders I'd be okay with that
On my end, I go by an approach similar to ghost drone, but with a tiny bit more freedom. You can drag people and be annoying, tho, but no murder, and certainly not shit like dragging murder drones to the station.
I assumed you went by standard player rules. So if you wanted, you could kill a known antag, but otherwise no harm?