Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FEATURE] Scots Trait & Speech
Description
Bring the speech of the mighty glens to space! Och aye! This patch adds a Scots (more accurately, Scotched English/barely comprehensible gobbledygook) filter to text, substituting many English words with Scots counterparts. It also adds a free language trait to pick in order to be granted this strange new language, not quite English, not quite Scots, but something a wee bit atween!

Admin/coder notes: This includes a bioeffect ("accent_scots") and is enabled as a discoverable mutation much like other speech filters.

Integration Notes/Warnings
  • All the various disconnected bits and pieces of speech filter bothered me so much I ended up gathering them in accents.dm, so that might be a bit of a breaking change.
  • I've probably missed a few bits there too so CONSISTENCY
  • Modifies traits and mutations, so if there's any format to either of those those parts will need to be updated. In particular I am reasonably sure in the modern codebase accent-based traits add their accents in a way that mutadone doesn't remove them, but I could be wrong?
  • The scots word filter stuff is defined in strings/language/scots.txt, so feel free to modify the list!
Code
Thumbs Up 
Yes!

AYE LADDIE. LET THE BAGPIPES ROAR AS OUR SHEEP ROAM THE STATION! PROUDLY WEAR THE KILT OF YER ANCESTORS AND EAT HAGGIS!
I just wanted to say Haggis.