Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot ghost whilst in a sleeper
In a round I was just in on Gibbed #4 I was put into a sleeper and ended up suiciding. Whilst in the sleeper I wasn't able to ghost. Eventually someone had ejected me and I was able to ghost then.

Not sure if it's a significant bug, but I thought I'd report it anyways.
Did you try cancel camera view on the Commands?
Or reconnecting?
If the answer is no to either, try that next time, that seems to solve most issues of unable to ghost.
I had tried both of those with no success. As I said, I wasn't able to ghost until I was removed from the sleeper.
I'm pretty sure that sleepers are over glorified floor crates, which also trap ghosts
From my minor experience working with BYOND I'll guess that it's because your mob is in the sleeper's container, and your ghost is placed wherever your mob is, so if the mob is inside the sleeper, so will the ghost, and when you're inside something's container, you're unable to move.

This could probably be fixed by checking if the mob is in an obj and if so, placing the ghost at that obj's position instead of at the mob's position.
Are you able to ghost, but not escape the sleeper? Or completely unable to escape your body as a ghost?

If you CAN ghost, you should get the option to teleport, which could work.
As might be expected, I could not ghost while dead in a pod, either. Being removed from the pod allowed me to use the ghost verb.
to fix this type ghost then when your ghost is out cancel camera view
I was told to try that on deadchat when it happened; typing ghost gave me the "Unrecognized or inaccessible verb: ghost" error message.
Typically, though it's an obnoxious work-around, if you close byond after you die, then reopen byond and click Cancel Camera View you can ghost normally. This is also true with crates, lockers, and disposal chutes.