Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suiciding when brigged
So, I was looking at the Security thread here and I remembered that people tend to suicide when brigged. There really should be rules against this, since it kinda just ruins the fun of Security. I mean, if the clown is going to commit suicide for being brigged for a minute, might as well outright murder him (don't actually do that)

I'm thinking that there should be warnings given to people who do this. Like, a 3-strike system, where if you suicide when brigged 3 times you get banned for a day or something. 4th time it's a week, 5th time is two weeks, etc. 

Though, the punishments should be harsher on the Destiny, since that's WAAAY out of RP. 

Thoughts?
No for the banning.
But I agree with the fact that suiciding in brig is dumb.
Good lord, no.

People will suicide for absolutely any reason, sometimes to annoy people, sometimes to just hand out in deadchat, etc. The only notable suicides rule-wise are when the AI leaves without contacting anyone or when someone repeatedly suicides at roundstart unless they get an antag round. It's probably best to keep it that way.

If the only fun you derive from playing sec is seeing people sit in the brig unhappily for their allotted brig time, sec is probably not the job for you.

Besides, what is this going to change? If someone suicides in the brig, that's them going 'okay, interacting with you isn't fun anymore, I'm out'. If they get banned from doing that, then chances are they'd just go braindead instead, and if they get banned for that too, then they'd probably just not play at all, and I can't say I'd blame them.
Fair enough, didn't think the punishment through. Though, if anyone reads this and does that, stop it. Please.

And I usually keep an eye on people in the brig (unless I'm on LLJK2 and things are pure chaos), and I'd chat with them if they wanted to.
Most definitely not, yeah.
Like already said, there's many reasons why someone would suicide. Saltiness. Sometimes they just had no plan B and decide to call it a day.

There's also some who, under the illusion that because you are brigging them and not killing them, think that you're nice and going to clone them. In which case fuck them, gib their body. Don't be surpised however if you get yelled at in OOC after. One occasion I recall is where this happened, and instead of bringing them to a cloner, I dressed them up as a sec guard and strapped them in at the front desk.

..That or clone them, then immedietely arrest them after. That always gets a good laugh.
I would yell at anyone who suicided outside exceptional circumstances on the RP server, yeah.

Players who go along with being brigged are great, IMO, whether or not an antag. When you get one of those treat them nice. Even if they betray you in the future and suck your lifeforce out, you had a fun time, and that's what the game's about.