Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vampire Overhaul (ver. 2, OP updated!)
Love all of it.
you should be able to sire another vampire at 2500 or 3000 blood

also this whole overhaul is great and sounds like it'd be fun to play as this rather than bootleg changeling
This is the best thing I've seen on the idea forums in months.
Good idea
i agree that vampire is yet one of the many things that needs to be reworked!
A couple of other power ideas:

1. Something that obscures the vampires appearance, name, and voice for a short period of time. Mainly to let a vampire feed on someone without killing them outright but also protects them from being ratted out on when the person comes to.

2. A short term hypnosis spell that works simliar to an AI's laws. While under the influence of the spell, the target has to follow these commands:
  1. Don't hurt yourself
  2. Don't hurt other people
  3. Do what the vampire commands without breaking the above rules
The length of the spell effect is determined by how much of the target's blood you've drank

3. The vampire transforms into cockroach, while simultaneously spawning a bunch of dummy cockroachs in the same area that move fairly quickly. In a short time they'll transform back, but stomping on them forces the transformation and deals some damage
Vampire siring is interesting but I'm also extremely wary of anything that turns others into full antagonists, out of concern that people might intentionally help and feed the vampire so that they turn them into one themselves. Even with a high blood cost, given that in this overhaul vampires can regenerate blood points it may cause issues.

The short term hypnosis I actually really like, as seduction is a major part of vampire myth. I didn't include it because of the sexual connotations, but a temporary mindslave effect might be good. There might be some difficulty there in the "how much you've drunk" thing. It would have to include a resistance to low blood pressure, and they should return to normal as soon as they naturally regenerate their blood. This provides immediate benefits to the vampire, the target does what the vampire wants, the target doesn't die which prevents bodies piling up and the vamp being discovered and the target can be later targeted again for even more blood. It of course has the big drawback of the target ratting out they were bitten as soon as the spell wears off, and it comes with a fun subtle discovery method: someone's wandering around, acting perfectly fine but my prodocs say that their blood pressure is critically hypotensive! What's going on?

Transformation as a distraction is another thing I like, but I would suggest that instead of cockroaches, the vampire summons two bats, a homunculus that looks exactly like themselves, and the vampire transforms into a bat. To someone on the outside, it simply looks like the vampire has summoned some bats.

Finally, I would like to suggest that if the vampire wins the round end music changes to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtLe2lDIdkw
I've gotta say, I really love the ideas behind, well, revamping the vampire. Consider this an another post of support.

I actually tried making a SS13 styled sprite of that beast picture. I don't have anything to show at the moment, or potentially ever, because I vastly underestimated the difficulty of doing so.
Another idea kicked around in the IRC was that summon bats could be upgraded when beasting out to summoning more powerful, thematically appropriate monsters such as wendigos, man eaters, lions etc.
(01-16-2017, 10:44 AM)locusts Wrote: Another idea kicked around in the IRC was that summon bats could be upgraded when beasting out to summoning more powerful, thematically appropriate monsters such as wendigos, man eaters, lions etc.

Mega-bats.
(01-16-2017, 09:19 PM)medsal15 Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 10:44 AM)locusts Wrote: Another idea kicked around in the IRC was that summon bats could be upgraded when beasting out to summoning more powerful, thematically appropriate monsters such as wendigos, man eaters, lions etc.

Mega-bats.

Bats with Baseball bats
(01-14-2017, 12:52 PM)The Worst Wrote: Yes please. All very good ideas that stop the vamp from just being a shitty ling.
(01-18-2017, 10:59 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 12:52 PM)The Worst Wrote: Yes please. All very good ideas that stop the vamp from just being a shitty ling.
I JUST GOT A SHITTY IDEA! If the chaplain gets a bar of silver he can create a chain and a spike tip if he attaches these to a stick or a baton then hits it with the bible he gets THE HOLY WHIP!
(01-18-2017, 12:13 PM)BBEG Wrote: I JUST GOT A SHITTY IDEA! If the chaplain gets a bar of silver he can create a chain and a spike tip if he attaches these to a stick or a baton then hits it with the bible he gets THE HOLY WHIP!

Better yet, add in the ability to put a bible on a baton.