Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
switch maps more often
I'm going to throw this out here (feel free to disagree with me, but you're wrong wink ), but if map rotation is going in, many maps would need to be.. modernified/ beautified.

That to me would be adding in the new perspective walls and doors, but also adding in stuff that may be missing from previous maps. Such as a podbay on Donut. And other stuff like decorations.

Otherwise, moving between maps is going to feel jarring and occassionally regressive.
As far as I'm aware, Haine's working on prettifying Donut. So the plan is in action!
I'd love to see LLJK1 alternate between Clarion and Destiny, they're both really fun maps.
(01-14-2017, 06:34 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 03:54 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'd love to see more Clarion. It has some good pathing

yeah clarion is A++++ good jobe dions and whoever else who made it

A sad old frog
Am I the only person who thinks this is a terrible, terrible idea.

Likely so. Either way we could mitigate this by letting players know what map the round is using. There are some maps I utterly hate, and don't want to spend time downloading, waiting in the lobby, getting excited to play, only for the map to load and find out it's one of the shit maps I have no desire playing on.
(01-18-2017, 12:38 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: Am I the only person who thinks this is a terrible, terrible idea.

Likely so. Either way we could mitigate this by letting players know what map the round is using. There are some maps I utterly hate, and don't want to spend time downloading, waiting in the lobby, getting excited to play, only for the map to load and find out it's one of the shit maps I have no desire playing on.

I don't think it's terrible, but I do agree there should be a method of knowing the map ahead of time.

I think a weekly scheduled rotation would be nice, so certain people aren't screwed if they have a limited play schedule.

Map voting wouldn't be bad either but there should be  a degree of predictablity to it
AS long as the maps are updated to meet the standards of modern goon I'll be happy. I just want off of cogmap2 for a few weeks.
(01-16-2017, 03:21 PM)69andahalf Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 03:54 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'd love to see more Clarion. It has some good pathing

A sad old frog

a69 did like 90% of the actual work lol. I designed it, he made it. Give him a big hug. I am glad that people react so positively to it!
(01-22-2017, 04:42 PM)Dions Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 03:21 PM)69andahalf Wrote:

A sad old frog

a69 did like 90% of the actual work lol. I designed it, he made it. Give him a big hug. I am glad that people react so positively to it!

okay. drink up.

[Image: JiTTg4T.jpg]
(01-14-2017, 05:48 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Any chance shroom will ever undie?

A long while ago in IRC we were chatting about past maps, iirc someone WAS working on Shroom at the time.

It'd probably have to be remade from the ground up if not.
Re add the spooky Halloween version of donut until the new pretty one is completed imo
I like the current map and the other maps and love variety. Let's do it
i would prefer voting for a map so the rotation isnt forced
(01-26-2017, 09:06 PM)quiltyquilty Wrote: i would prefer voting for a map so the rotation isnt forced

Maybe a setting in "Character" pre round where you select your map preference order? And the maps cycle based on the preferences of the crowd. Probably not just whatever is most wanted, but a weight system.
wasn't map rotation like nearly finished? I know for sure that the tools that inject new DMM files into a DMB are completely done and sort-of-working, it just needed some connection to the game and some buttons.