Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
switch maps more often
(01-31-2017, 01:49 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: wasn't map rotation like nearly finished? I know for sure that the tools that inject new DMM files into a DMB are completely done and sort-of-working, it just needed some connection to the game and some buttons.

sounds right lol
Mushroom is complete, by the way. It's oldmap that turned out to be corrupted, IE the very first SS13 map.
(01-31-2017, 07:18 PM)WrongEnd Wrote: Mushroom is complete, by the way. It's oldmap that turned out to be corrupted, IE the very first SS13 map.

i actually salvaged it, someone also recreated it i think
(01-31-2017, 07:22 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 07:18 PM)WrongEnd Wrote: Mushroom is complete, by the way. It's oldmap that turned out to be corrupted, IE the very first SS13 map.

i actually salvaged it, someone also recreated it i think

You called?  I don't know

(at least I assume it's the Trunkmap in the code we're talking about)
You guys have me excited as hell for New Mushroom. Mushroom was and still is my favorite station.
All maps used should be visible on the wiki on at least the same size/scale as in-game, so that people can cross reference said map as to not end up constantly lost.
(02-01-2017, 01:15 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: All maps used should be visible on the wiki on at least the same size/scale as in-game, so that people can cross reference said map as to not end up constantly lost.

Agreed. Please do this when the time comes or sooner. Whatever works.
(02-01-2017, 01:22 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 01:15 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: All maps used should be visible on the wiki on at least the same size/scale as in-game, so that people can cross reference said map as to not end up constantly lost.

I'll re-map everything and put it all in the goonhub map viewer how about that.
(02-01-2017, 01:49 PM)Wire Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 01:22 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:

I'll re-map everything and put it all in the goonhub map viewer how about that.

This is pretty much exactly what I want to see.

Also maybe [Map title] Appended to the server name on the byond server list so I can check if a cool map is available.

I've never actually seen Clarion and would be open to exploring it as an assistant/ghost if I knew a server was hosting it.
The dream option would be the map button leads to the proper map, and that the map you are on is announced before a round starts - but I understand if coding challenges make that impossible.

"This round is using mushroom station, click here to see that map"
(02-01-2017, 10:50 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: The dream option would be the map button leads to the proper map

the map button does lead to the proper map though????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
(02-01-2017, 11:17 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 10:50 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: The dream option would be the map button leads to the proper map

the map button does lead to the proper map though????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

not always, i have had many problems before with things like donut/donut2 where they just lead to the cogmap map, also the full, zoomable maps for all the maps is good and exciting
(01-14-2017, 05:48 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Any chance shroom will ever undie?

Donut is amazing for yakety-sax moments. Also has the sing. Good for the odd occasion, but to awkward to be a mainstay - even with fancy diagonal movement.

Cog1 is cozy. One main hallway and a few staging areas.

Cog2 is amazing, but it was built with a higher pop in mind. Since I play on lowpop a lot it does seem spacious. It gives a bit too much agency to some antags.

Destiny/Clarion is interesting. I'd like to see them under lljk2's brand of ARRPEE.

You mean mushroom? https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6302 that's been done for over a year now, just need to get off my lazy ass to fix up some of the issues

I think they're saying that the map could be announced with a link to the map.

e.g

This server is running Cogmap2
(02-02-2017, 06:18 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:

I think they're saying that the map could be announced with a link to the map.

e.g

This server is running Cogmap2
that was in the part i did not quote

oh also the reason for maps that are not destiny, cogmap2, or cogmap is because they have not been 'mapped' on goonhub.com/maps