Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1 Average
add skeleton/martian/bugman/fishman/lizardman to character customization
(01-13-2017, 07:52 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(01-13-2017, 03:33 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: i think that could be smoothed over by having "all nanotrasen employees (read: the crew, including jimmy the martian janitor or skeleton sam) are to be considered human included in law 1

If that were the case, than it would mean that changelings and vampires would be considered human, removing one of their largest weaknesses. Hell no.

how exactly? someone spotted drinking blood drinking someone else's blood or someone sucking out someones dna through a mouth-straw would betray their humanity all the same
Hell no, you can become one of those quite easily anyways with genetics and I do not want this server ending up with those dumb bugman or skeleton cliques that happened on other servers when they implemented other races in selection.
eeeeeeeeeh

half the crew was lizards when this was a trait, but at the same time it feels like if literally anyone could be a RANDOM weird race it would be fine

diplomats are not special, nor are geneticists. your lives aren't ruined by letting someone be a cockroach without motionlessly pressing buttons on a console and not interacting with anyone for thirty minutes. diplomats don't lose their novelty because the point is that they're diplomats, which doesn't go away if there's more weird races slinking around, it just might give them more martians to conspire for the death of the captain with

bugman/skeleton cliques????? you mean like the solarium clique? or the chem nerd clique? or... you know, i get your point, but why is that even an issue
I think there should be a round limit. Like, not more than 5% of the crew can be a non-human.

Maybe players that start off this way are given some kind of Visa or certificate that certifies them as 100% human in the eyes of the AI? If the AI or the borgs are bothering you just present it. Just don't lose it or let it get stolen
Do mutated geneticist still count as human? I've been geneticist a few times in the past, giving myself the body changing mutations and was still treated like a human.
(01-13-2017, 08:35 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Do mutated geneticist still count as human? I've been geneticist a few times in the past, giving myself the body changing mutations and was still treated like a human.

we need this confirmed as a general vote from the admins. also the wiki page for humans needs to be updated then, cause it says lizards are non-human, yet a bunch of admins have said that like, skeletons and stuff like that from genetics are human? makes no sense
(01-13-2017, 12:18 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(01-13-2017, 03:33 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: i think that could be smoothed over by having "all nanotrasen employees (read: the crew, including jimmy the martian janitor or skeleton sam) are to be considered human included in law 1

If that were the case, than it would mean that changelings and vampires would be considered human, removing one of their largest weaknesses. Hell no.

how exactly? someone spotted drinking blood drinking someone else's blood or someone sucking out someones dna through a mouth-straw would betray their humanity all the same

They'd still be nanotrasen employees though, which according to that law is the only criteria for being human
Personally, I'm gonna give this a big ole no. I can't see a way to make an AI law that accompanies this addition that doesn't have any loopholes for antags or the AI. For example, if we have it where all nanotrasen employees are human, which applies as the only requirement, therefore, vampires and changlings, who start out as NT employees, would have an easy advantage, as the AI won't touch them. Additionally, wizards will have the disadvantage of being not considered human, due to not being employees.
They could be added and say they are horribly mutated humans from a nuclear catastrophe or something, but they are still humans. This way you avoid problems with the AI.

I think martians should be reserved for the diplomat job only, as they are the most exotic one
Additionally, it kind of ruins the point of a few gameplay mechanics and could possibly give players an unfair advantage depending on the race.
I think we're against the crew being a bunch of aliens as part of server policy. I can't see this idea gaining any traction.
If you really wanna be a fishman or cockroach or whatever just yell at the geneticist and hope they're nice, I don't think it'd be cool to have them all at round start running around. Maybe as an admin gimmick, but as a thing you can pick eh.
Per the AI 'human' argument, I would personally count them as non-human. Therefore, the AI has a choice if they want to be a huge dick and murder your or just treat you like a human.
(01-14-2017, 07:53 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(01-13-2017, 12:18 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:

They'd still be nanotrasen employees though, which according to that law is the only criteria for being human
then how about having so observed acts of vampirism/changelings would be grounds for immediate firing 

as for how this would impact wizards, people almost always take off like a bat out of hell to the ai upload to upload a law to make them non-human 

i actually think maegor has a good idea for how this could work. the implication would be that they're human, albeit a mutated human and would certainly serve to cut out this ai rule lawyering baloney 

and i see the furry boogeyman rears its head at last
Easiest way to do this would have them just be not human to begin with. I honestly can't see the whole nuclear mutant thing happening. Far too overdone in every goddamn media.