Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angry mob supplies
I think it would be neat to have a few items for good old fashioned angry mobs. Mainly Pitchforks, Torches, and picket signs.
Mad that the Captain stole the station budget to buy a golden bonzai tree? Form up an angry mob and protest outside the bridge!

I suggest making them craftable, so a crafty entrepreneur can set up a good old fashioned angry mob emporium.
A golden bonsai tree also sounds like a good idea. What kind of damage do you think these item's would do?
signs are not very useful in the game because of such a small limit of pixel. crayon graffiti and spoken slogans are much more useful and also already doable in game

pitchforks, just make spear

torches are kind of interesting i guess. take wooden plank, wrap fabric about one end, dip in weldfuel tank. should be a stronger light source than lighters and candles. but it has the classic problem of setting off fire alarms
(01-19-2017, 04:12 PM)misto Wrote: signs are not very useful in the game because of such a small limit of pixel. crayon graffiti and spoken slogans are much more useful and also already doable in game

pitchforks, just make spear

torches are kind of interesting i guess. take wooden plank, wrap fabric about one end, dip in weldfuel tank. should be a stronger light source than lighters and candles. but it has the classic problem of setting off fire alarms

Good Idea Misto.

Also, have the signs say a message upon examining them, like paper.
This is also a time for me to bring up an old thread of mine about burning people at the stake!
This would be /fun/ right?
How about respriting some basic spears into pitchforks and leaving them in botany?
I wanted to see how large these picket signs could possibly be. I assume as long as it fits within a tile its fine. I did a quick mock up in paint to get an idea of how visible they would be. Disclaimer: I cannot draw and wouldn't know how to get things like colors/perspectives to work right. If someone with more experience spriting knows how that works Id love to see some possibilities.

[Image: ITgCIcJ.png]
Two words.

Sandwich board.