Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Locusts did some sprites
Hey, I thought I should collate some of these here. Most of the ones I've done so far are for pocket pets, but even if that idea falls through I hope they can be included in the game as critters anyway.

Space Carpenter Bee:
[Image: 6cSxBGy.png][Image: FNtytba.png][Image: oxXvaqn.png][Image: jxIFTso.png]

Hermit Crab (unfinished):
[Image: eNCO3uc.png][Image: UtjAZB8.png]

Snail:
[Image: nMAnOB1.png][Image: Ow32NM7.png][Image: eihUgk1.png][Image: RCgqChr.png]

Hedgehog (kind of feel like the curled up ones need more work):
[Image: QBtPeQj.png][Image: YlaXpNF.png][Image: T3FjDdq.png]
[Image: w1Gcw6c.png][Image: 7kmCDqf.png][Image: 8M9w0fT.png]
[Image: 50gJyxC.png][Image: QlC7J1g.png]

Pocketbuddy (shares faces with regular buddies):
[Image: VAmapf5.png]
ReplaceGhostDronesWithCarpenterBees2k17
Hey if I can't carry them around as pocket pets it'd be cool to have them as an achievement skin for ghost drones.
Hi guess what

[Image: RizFxae.gif][Image: kioO6aP.gif][Image: e2WGFDd.gif][Image: fDtkxsB.gif][Image: MkR7sr0.gif]

butterflies! I know the animation speeds are different I just threw these together to make sure the loops looked ok.

Blue Morpho butterfly
Monarch butterfly
Glasswing butterfly
Purple Emperor butterfly
Peacock Butterfly

More butterfly patterns are fairly easy to make. Also I intend to do moths at some point.
Here's the animation frame bases I created if you want to make your own butterflies.

I'm fully expecting at least some hideous clown/cluwne butterflies to come out of this.
Beautiful! I want to make a Luna moth.
Thanks! As promised here's one moth. I based it on they Gypsy Moth so it's a bit drab and brown but it's still trying to live its life one day at a time, just like the rest of us. If you want to make other kinds of moth please go for it!

[Image: aWOAeSh.png]

I figure moths in game should bonk into lights (with a low chance to smash them) and eat discarded clothes
[Image: OVyfPKO.png]

Lyrebird!
The butterfly sprites are awesome, and they've been added to the game! I haven't yet added any abilities for butterflies, but if you have an idea, please let me know.
Butterflies should be largely useless. Maybe they can be good for the plants in botany by drinking the nectar but that's about it. Oh, and if the chef butchers one it should return butter instead of any kind of meat.
If the chef butchers one it should return nothing and a sad "what did you expect to harvest from this?" message.
Space Hamsters! These are intended to be used as ghost critters and are functionally mouse reskins. Comes in two flavours, Syrian and Dwarf!

Syrian:
[Image: l1BjBDb.png][Image: 4dhHKGN.png]
Dwarf:
[Image: wpvV0Bl.png][Image: aBt4L65.png]

Currently thinking of doing more critters (and redoing hedgehogs and moths).
I have made what can only be described as a shitload of frogs. Each have three frames of animation for hopping.
The full gallery is here. Because there is a limit for number of images per post, I'll split this into two posts.

The first three are regular, harmless frogs. 

Common Frog
[Image: wNrPnbP.gif][Image: sanrwI3.png]
Green Tree Frog
[Image: S13OxyQ.gif][Image: RDVNC0j.png]
Glass Frog
[Image: UXFdSN9.gif][Image: GP8uxlR.png]
(Animating broke the transparency a bit but this frog is semi transparent.)

The next four are all poison dart frogs! Touching them is a bad idea, you might croak.

Golden Dart Frog
[Image: ZHknnUG.gif][Image: 1Igjtzk.png]
Strawberry Dart Frog
[Image: GNJIQ0p.gif][Image: AhNjFP0.png]
Blue Dart Frog
[Image: IIqUEoi.gif][Image: cZdp3Zi.png]
Red Backed Dart Frog
[Image: xnhfhQO.gif][Image: rbIDNpn.png]

The final is a very special frog. Who knows what vast powers it might wield...

Cosmic Frog
[Image: UMv2dwF.gif][Image: hUjlZKV.png]
Based on feedback in the Discord I'm going to do forward and rear facing sprites. I've also made some small tweaks to the existing sprites, so I will post an updated sprite set once all done.
Damn, your sprites are goood.