Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[IRC Topic] Remove or change the Spacebee news feature
I've seen this getting talk about in the IRC alot today. Mostly just people (myself included) expressing how annoying it is that all it does is post click bait articles that is not even news. I'm all for cool Spacebee features but the Random """""News""""" one is just lame.

No idea if it was a joke or not but one of the admins said the reason for it was because goonstation is that desperate for money. But I'm not sure if he was serious or not and if he was telling the truth then why does Goonstation still not have a Patreon setup yet? Only been seeing people ask for that since the Summer.

Anyways I want to hear the community's thoughts on this.

Also have no clue if this should be in the idea sub-forum or not so move it to that if it needs to be there please.
<Arborinus> I have a compromise for Spacebee news
<Arborinus> Add Clickhole and The Onion to news sources it pulls from
(12-19-2016, 06:33 PM)Arborinus Wrote: <Arborinus> I have a compromise for Spacebee news
<Arborinus> Add Clickhole and The Onion to news sources it pulls from

do this and remove the source from the news, so we have to guess where it pulls from
voted get rid of it.

ignorance is bliss.
The news feature doesn't really add anything at all. It doesn't add to discussion, since it either pops up in the middle of an on-going discussion, or is just ignored when it pops up and nothing is going on.

I'd say to remove it.
replace it with something interesting, like new imgur dumps
In fairness it pulls from the BBC feed, which is SUPPOSED to be not-clickbait-y
Actually I had a good idea earlier; replace it with a self .check all command, so that it just spews server numbers every 30-60 mins or so.
alternatively, put it on a different bot that one could ignore.
Two additional sources have been added.

ADMIN EDIT:
One of which is scientifically verified to be the most accurate news source to date, click here to find out more!