Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Destiny]: Whitelisted dungeon masters.
(03-23-2017, 06:47 AM)Sundance Wrote: ..But look at the Katana idea. Put in limbo, somebody actually coded it and now it's sitting in the patches subforum for literally a year.

I dunno, I put the katana in limbo a while ago.

(03-23-2017, 07:37 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: EDIT: THINGS IN THE LIMBO THAT ARE IRRELEVANT NOW:

fixed those things

I think a bit problem (or is it a fact of life, I dunno really at this point) is that it's much easier to come up with great ideas rather than code the actual stuff.
Also, the reason a lot of things sit in limbo or good ideas don't get used is because this is a hobby/passion project for many coders, we don't get paid or anything.
Because of that, we end up working on random stuff that we like, see: me and tanning beds, which literally nobody asked for.
(03-23-2017, 09:35 AM)zewaka Wrote: Because of that, we end up working on random stuff that we like, see: me and tanning beds, which literally nobody asked for.

We never knew that we wanted tanning beds before you added them. Thank you by the way.
zewaka Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:..But look at the Katana idea. Put in limbo, somebody actually coded it and now it's sitting in the patches subforum for literally a year.

I dunno, I put the katana in limbo a while ago.

Nevermind about the limbo, i'm looking at the patches forum here. It's been sitting there a year, most people like it and it's been coded. This is something that someone actually made an effort to code. I know it's just a kawaii sword, but I feel it sets a bad precedence.

zewaka Wrote:I think a bit problem (or is it a fact of life, I dunno really at this point) is that it's much easier to come up with great ideas rather than code the actual stuff.
Also, the reason a lot of things sit in limbo or good ideas don't get used is because this is a hobby/passion project for many coders, we don't get paid or anything.
Because of that, we end up working on random stuff that we like, see: me and tanning beds, which literally nobody asked for.

These are things we already know and appreciate.

But then it begs the question: What is the purpose of this forum (idea's and suggestions) if coders are just going to work on their own projects?

Would it not be better if this forum is repurposed entirely to something that could HELP coders? Spriters, playtesters, other coders to look at it?
That way it becomes a back scratching thing rather than someone submitting ideas constantly hoping someone will take up the mantle?

I've been here 4 years and it's been clear idea's and suggestions is a failure. I don't like to use harsh words but honestly that's what it is.
Honestly I'm almost ready to pay to get coders to work on the things we want. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

EDIT: Also I agree it's clear as day that hardly anything is going to come from the idea and suggestions subforums now might as well change it to something that could help the coders flesh out what they want to do if the things we want are never going to get worked on. I mean I've given up on Ideas and Suggestions long ago.
I second Sundance's idea of repurposing suggestions and ideas into something more useful to the actual coders.

Or if it's too much hassle to convert it, just make a separate forum altogether.
Again, I really do just think the forum has a bit of dust that could be cleared up. A bit of organization by the community could make the feat of coding any of this seem somewhat less imposing and more directed by what people (and admins) really want in the game.

I don't mean to seem like I'm cracking a whip against the actual coders' backs.
(03-23-2017, 09:37 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(03-23-2017, 09:35 AM)zewaka Wrote: Because of that, we end up working on random stuff that we like, see: me and tanning beds, which literally nobody asked for.

We never knew that we wanted tanning beds before you added them. Thank you by the way.

I actually remember the idea being thrown out before for them, but mostly as a way to steal the UV lights and burn up vampires
(03-23-2017, 06:47 AM)Sundance Wrote: ..But look at the Katana idea. Put in limbo, somebody actually coded it and now it's sitting in the patches subforum for literally a year.

ok also I haven't merged the katana idea because it's basically a reskinned csaber with a custom suicide, if it had more uniqueness to it, then I would 100% merge it and laugh at it, it just is lame with its current implementation
Urs Dungeon was fun, I think it'd be great if more people had the opportunity to run adventures
(03-30-2017, 02:22 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Urs Dungeon was fun, I think it'd be great if more people had the opportunity to run adventures

This does seem fun, but the people running them would have to be competent.
(03-30-2017, 01:58 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 02:22 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Urs Dungeon was fun, I think it'd be great if more people had the opportunity to run adventures

I'll be honest, my interest was piqued by this thread because I've been running a DnD campaign for the past few months, and I thought it had something to do with actual DnD at first.
(03-30-2017, 02:21 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

I'll be honest, my interest was piqued by this thread because I've been running a DnD campaign for the past few months, and I thought it had something to do with actual DnD at first.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8325
(03-30-2017, 09:25 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 02:21 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8325
Unfortunately, I barely have time for one DnD campaign, let alone two.
Starting to think ol' no. 2 could benefit from this, with the waning pop and all.
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE, ANCIENT THREAD, AND HOPE YOU CAN BRING NEW LIFE TO GOON