Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloak and thermals.
Embolism Wrote:AoE Flashing has no effect on Cloak for months now, and yet people still spam it whenever they think a Cloaker is around.

At the very least an active Cloak should not be pocketable, allowing it to be countered by things like flashbangs and wet floors.

I could've sworn they made cloaks unpocketable a while ago. Did they switch it back? I was always nervous using the thing because I was never sure whether or not it worked in my backpack.
It was switched back to allowing you to put cloaks back in your pocket... Don't know why, as now the only thing that can disrupt a cloaker is a t-ray scanner (for like 1/10 a second) or a flashbang.

Flashes don't disrupt anymore, as previously said
its always rad when things change without announcement / get changed back without announcement
Perhaps there could be certain objects on the station that mess with the thermals a bit, so someone who needs a quick getaway could throw a flare or something and have the detective be partially blinded by red light for a little while.
I think the vulnerability to Flashes is a pretty big disadvantage. The main problem with Thermals IMO is how it lets the user see and examine people without the examinee being any the wiser. In situations where you can throw something at the user or whatever Thermals are not an advantage, unless you're a Cloaker of course.
I actually find thermals much better balanced on cogsmap. On shroom they were terrible. The station felt much thinner and far more streamlined, so a guy with thermals could see almost everything strolling the halls. This is not at all the same with cogsmap.

On shroom, I was all for nerfing them. But now they feel much more manageable.
Maybe pocketing an active cloak should just cloak your uniform.

honk
Cogwerks Wrote:Maybe pocketing an active cloak should just cloak your uniform.

honk

Hahaha that'd be hilarious
security starts regarding naked crewmembers as Syndicate Threat #1, the great nudist crackdown begins

honk
If that is the case, then shouldn't holding it make only clock your body?
epicdwarf Wrote:

honk
If that is the case, then shouldn't holding it make only clock your body?

Either go naked or buy two cloakers if you want a full cloak.
If possible, someone could make cloaks make everything invisible EXCEPT whatever the cloaker is holding. That way, you can still actually fight/disarm him, and he still gets to be stealthy when he wants to.